Syn Free Ice Cream

Ok, Is anyone else not off put by the really harsh Sweetener taste?
I ended up gorging on chocolate to try and get the taste out!
I might have to try the muller light version. Shame, it had potential :eek:(

Ok....sorry to keep coming back!

I added my icecream to a Muller light and my hca milk, blitzed and now I have a lush milkshake!

Got to give this a go!

For those who love sorbet, I made a fab one with Mullerlight. I just blended some frozen berries with a Mullerlight and 2 teaspoons of sweet and low. As the fruit was frozen, it was ready to eat immediately, although I've also made it and re-frozen it for a more solid dessert - which then takes longer to eat and is more satisfying. I wil definitely give the icecream a try next time though.

Anyone interested in an Ice Cream maker, the Co Op are currently selling the sale one I payed forty quid for last year for £15, It's very good!

OMG I want an ice cream maker now but just a little worried it will be a gadget that gets used for a few weeks and then left to gather dust or gets pushed to the back of the cupboard.

i got a cheap small manual one on ebay for less than £10 its fab and makes enough icecream for 2 ppl or one greedy me portion i just use flavoured yogs as im eating it fresh and you dont need to use eggwhites but its not as light and creamy love my ice cream maker

I have just got the Kenwood Ice Cream Maker and wondered if anyone can help me plz? I make the egg and yog versioin and put it in the hole (after freezing the dish for 24hrs) but after it was all in there, after it had been going around for about 5mis the paddle stuck and wouldnt move. The ice cream was set quite well but thought it should go for about 20mins. There was lots on the outside of the bowl but still lots in the middle.

has anyone else experienced the paddle sticking after it was ok for about 5mis? It is a new machine so dont know if faulty or is it supposed ot happen

Thanks in advance Lisa

it may just have frozen super fast just keep an eye on it next time you make you may only have to wait 10 min YAY

Thanks, will be going to try again later in the week. x

Get a bucket of Ice, put the ice cream mix in a freezer bag and just keep the bag moving.
You can re freeze the ice for another day too.

I used my washing up bowl!

Syn Free icecream alternative

I don't know whether this has been posted so please forgive if it has. I use my icecream machine and use mullerlight syn free yogurts. Especially nice is mint chocolate, if I do vanilla I add frozen fruit but you can add fruit etc to all varieties, when done in the icecream machine it comes out super smooth but be warned if you freeze it, it goes rock solid :)

These are scrummy BTW and they're FREEEEEEE ;)

Will try this one, as having made the real Ice Cream the other week, with pots of double cream, whipping cream extra, at 25 syns for 100 ml, or 1tbsp for just 3.5. This should be great. Thanks

hmmm the raw eggs would put me off, my mum couldn't eat it either, also due to the raw eggs - there is a sw recipe somewhere that uses muller light, fat free fromage frais and sweetener that sounds ok

How often do you have to stir it if you just put it in the freezer?

mmm, that piture looks delicious! :O can't wait to try this, excited!

I've tried this with both toffee yoghurt and strawberry (not together!!) and it was lovely. Thanks

Back