SYN FREE ICE-CREAM

poppyowner

Silver Member
Have just been playing round trying to make synfree Ice - Cream.

In my freezer I had a tub of Frozen Fruit Salad I'd got reduced from Tesco a while back but hadn't been eaten.

I blitzed that in the food processor with a 500g tub of VFF Natural Yogurt AND 3 tbsp Splenda.

This blitzed into what I scooped there and then into a cone for Michael, the rest I have put into freezer.

I KNOW some will argue that if you are blitzing fruit then it has a syn value BUT I am sharing this and so will not bother as by time the above shares 5 ways it is minimal! LOL - I go by the theory that so long as you are eating NO MORE than you would before blitzing............ then it is free. IF my losses dry up and I am making this regularly then will start saving some syns for it.

Next time I am going to try flavoured yogs like Mullerlight etc with the fruit and vary the fruits to Pineapple, etc.

I made the Banana ice-cream out of the SW mag the other day but something in Banana ice-cream doesn't agree with me hence my trying new flavours, this was sooooo quick and simple and blitzed to perfect consistency to eat there and then (for Michael) - Michael LOVED IT!!!!!

Jill

i made the strawberry ice one the other day from the summer countdown book and it was delicious so yummy and really easy. you just have to remember to mix it every half an hour!

I like Mullerlite yoghurt's frozen - they are just great for a 'sweet tooth' moment and they last ages....

whole bananas in the freezer are good too - not to mention easily prepared :)

Back