SYN FREE LEMON MERINGUE PIE

it doesnt take long at all with a hnad whisk :) i make just merangues and it was ok x

This was gorgeous. I couldn't wait until it cooled so had mine warm. Mmmm! Scrummy. Got one with me at work today and going to have one for pudding tonight. xx

Made one earlier and its got to be in my top 5 most disgusting things Ive ever eaten in my life! I have just read all the posts though and obviously trying it while it's still warm isnt a good idea, so in the fridge it goes and hopefully it will improve as I absolutely love the idea of eating syn free lemon meringue!!!!

Sorry but I didn't like them. Not your fault Donnie, but I'm not a Quark fan! I think I might try them again but use fromage frais instead and see how they turn out. Loved the meringue though! I scooped that off and had it with some raspberries! They did turn out looking very pretty though!

No need to apologise Stacey, we can't all like the same thing - how did your lemon meringue turn out made with Fromage frais?

excellent pie idea .thanks

Ive made these today but only had 150g of quark left so tried it will only two eggs. They were a bit scrambled egg like so I was a bit disappointed but I think I just needed more quark so will try again.
Marie xx

I came across this recipe the other day and made it today. Verrry nice but, unless I did something wrong, I'd liken the dish more to a cheesecake with a sweet meringue'e topping. Thanks Donnie :)

Finally got round to making this - it's currently chilling so yet to taste it but visually it looks good! So easy to make as well - it's the first time I've made meringue from scratch and I'm really pleased with myself, I used an electric whisk and it was easy peasy. My OH will only eat fresh meringue, not those shop bought nests as he's really particular, it needs to be firm on outside but gooey underneath. He nicked a bit of it and said it was lovely!

Will update again with the taste verdict, hopefully it will taste as good as it looks!

ooooo myyyyy gooooooood! cant wait to try this!!! i love lemon meringue!!! very hopeful here.....will report back when i get around to it.

Update - all I can say is YUM! Both me and the OH loved it. I would say it does need to be totally chilled before eating - the consistency and taste is better.

Will definitely be making this again - you wouldn't think it was syn free!

Thanks Donnie xx

Im going to try these to!

Back