SYN FREE LEMON MERINGUE PIE

Enjoy....

I love Lemon Meringue, I am definitely going to make this. I bet the kids would love it too. :)

I made it and mine was vile, it curdeled and seperated and wasnt edble The meringue part was ok, but soft and bland like an omlette. :(

This sounds great - am going to try it - thanks.

How about adding a base for 2 syns - here goes - you cann do this a couscous cake alone or add as a base to this.

200ml boiling water with 4oz couscous (stand for 5 mins then add rest of ingredients). Add 4tbsp lc sweetener, 2 beaten eggs, 1 lemon rind and juice, plus 2tbsp lemon curd. Mix well then fry light baking tin and bake at 180 for 30 - 35 mins.

To add as a base to lemon meringue, suggest bake for, say 15 to 20 mins (or until firm), then add lemon mix, bake for further 10 mins, then add meringue and bake for further 5 mins.

I will give this a go, as I think it is worth it for 2 syns.

This sounds great - am going to try it - thanks.

How about adding a base for 2 syns - here goes - you cann do this a couscous cake alone or add as a base to this.

200ml boiling water with 4oz couscous (stand for 5 mins then add rest of ingredients). Add 4tbsp lc sweetener, 2 beaten eggs, 1 lemon rind and juice, plus 2tbsp lemon curd. Mix well then fry light baking tin and bake at 180 for 30 - 35 mins.

Just reading something on another thread where it says the official sw take on using cous cous is that it has to be synned.

I have copied and pasted this.

When using cous cous in cakes it now has a syn value, as it is easy to over eat without it filling you up. SW head office have also confirmed that if cous cous is used like this then 28g = 5 syns,

Saw your recipe and thought that sounds great and then I read this :(

shame I would have tried that.

Donnie - just wanted to say that I made this yesterday and it was absolutely wonderful!!! My husband woofed it down in about 5 seconds!!!
It looks good and tastes even better. Thank you for sharing it! x

Posting to bookmark. Will give this a try at some point. Sounds nommy. Am now trying to figure out if I could make a syn free lemon curd, using a similar method.

Back again - made this for first time with couscous base. Couscous is free on green and extra easy days.

Was yummy, and hubbie loved it too, so will definately make it again.

Thanks for the idea.

Reckon there's anything I could use instead of the Quark? None of the 'supermarkets' around here stock it :jelous:

Last edited:
Lemon Meringue

Are you sure this is syn free? I have read on other threads that you have to syn things that you are substituting for flour like cous cous and chick peas in cakes, and nachos made with pasta, this is according to SW head office apparently!

Also not sure why people are putting quark, fromage fraiche or similar in Lemon meringue. The filling is normally just made with eggs, lemon juice, water, sugar and corn flour to thicken?

This is a recipe from an old WW cook book I have. I am sure there is someone out there who can convert it. Mind you even if you still use cornflour (14 syns), that's 3.5 syns per portion. Using sugar (12 syns) they are total 6.5 syns (I think I have got that right). I am still not convinced that sweeteners are any good for you.

3 tbs corn flour
150ml water
juice and rind of 2 lemons
4 tbs caster sugar (or 2 tbs Splenda in the filling and 2 tbs sugar in the merigue)
2 eggs separated

Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
Mix cornflour with the water in a saucepan. Add the lemon juice and rind and bring to the boil, stirring all the time until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and stir in 3 tbs sugar.
Leave to cool slightly and then stir in the egg yolks. Make sure that the mixture is sufficiently cool or the yolks will scramble.
Divide between 4 overproof dishes and place on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 5 mins.
Mean while whisk the egg whites until they hold their shape. Sprinkle in the remaining 1 tbs sugar and whisk again until stiff and glossy.
Pile an equal amount of meringue on top of each dish. Return to the oven and bake for 10 mins, or until the meringue is brown and crisp on the outside and like marshmallow inside.

Photo103.jpg

Last edited:
This looks yummy, I am going to make this tonight :D

Back