Your lemon meringues sound great I will be giving them a go

I made this today -sheer bliss
didn't miss the pastry

I love anything that tastes if lemons, this ime going to try : deffo

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can't wait to try this x

http://www.minimins.com/members/55364-albums3558-picture20729.jpg

Well I tried it and erm all i can say is strange :-(
The lemon mixture didnt split before putting in oven, but After chilling it was a scrambled egg texture and my meringue kept raising & raising in the oven rather than going hard and then flopped when it came out.
If my pic has uploaded (which will be a pure miracle) then 5 mins after taking it was completely flat.
what did i do wrong?
I also did seperate meringue with left over mixture and that went crispy for all of about 5 mins then went soft again.

I made these this evening...

The syn free ones. I added a teaspoon of sugar to the top of each one for a nice crunch,so not syn free. I think they actually taste quite nice. Thanks for the recipe :)

Tazzy x

I've just made these and can't wait to try them tonight. If I like them (I'm sure I will!) I might try the smash base next time..... I hate smash but there seem to be so many ways to use it so I'm going to have to give it another go.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111022_130136.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111022_130136.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 668
  • ForumRunner_20111022_130227.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111022_130227.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 196
  • ForumRunner_20111022_130311.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111022_130311.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 191
Sorry about all the pics! It said they hadn't uploaded so I tried a few more times! I did only make 4,not 12!

Just eaten one and it was gorgeous! OH loved his too. Think I'll take some to our next taster night.

Sorry...this actually made me feel sick when I tried it. The lemon bit isnt like the lemon you would usually get in a lemon meringue .... For one thing it wasn't yellow but a creamy colour....it didn't have that jelly like texture that lemon curd has either....rather it was like lumpy sour curdled cream. The meringue part was a little bit like marshmallow too...... I fully appreciate that this is supposed to bea substitute and is not going to be as good as the real thing but be aware it may disappoint you.

Back