Syn Free Sarah!

Syn Free Sarah - Day Four

Evening to all online - hope you have all had a fab day. Went for my health mot at the new gym tonight which was revealing to say the least! One great point was when we were discussing diet and I told him I was following slimming world he agreed that it was a really good effective plan to follow! Hurray - I thought he might banish me to 1000 calories a day or something even more drastic, so I am really chuffed!

Day Four - EE - Tues 19 Jul

B - Cup of tea with milk (0.5 syns), Melon, ham, blueberries, grapes, strawberries
L - Turkey, Rice, Salad, (2.5 syns dressing)
Snack - Fruit
D - Pork Chop (fat removed coated in sage and onion and roasted yum yum), mash (no butter or milk :cry:), veg, gravy made with powder (1 syn), sage and onion (4.5 syns)
S - ryvita (HEB) and philli light (HEA)

SYNS - 6.5

CIGARETTES = 0 :D I AM GOING TO BEAT THEM THIS TIME! YIPEE

Evening Sarah!!

Four days of SW and not smoking...

You got it licked hun xxx

Keep up the good work Sarah! I am re-starting the 30 day shred on Monday - twisted my ankle falling over the dog a couple of days back so I can't do it at the mo (or walk the dog so poor old AL - t'ogher half - has that job at the moment!).

Keep on, keeping on :D:D:D

Hi Annya

Thanks for the post chick, sorry to hear about your poorly ankle, glad you are on the mend. I have read alot about the shred on here - have you tried it before? Cheers Sarah

Hi thanks do much for the encouragement - can you tell me how I can subscribe to your threads they are fab but not sure how to keep track? Thanks a million Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

near the top of the page is a button 'thread tools'

just click on that and then click 'subscribe to this thread'

then all your subscribed threads should come up when you click the 'user cp' button on the top left xxx :D

Syn free sarah - day five yummy food!

Evening all, hope all is well with you! I have had a busy day but managed to stay on plan and be smoke free :D, infact I am feeling quite saintly as I have been to a 4th birthday party and did not induldge in any of the cake, chocolates, pizza, chips and my favourites haribo's! I think its the fear of the swimsuit at the gym that is keeping me focused :sigh: . Cooked a yummy tea of smoked cod and spinach gratin - quick and easy and soooooo tasty, you would not have believed it was less than 5 syns!

Day 5 - EE - Weds 20 July

B - Tea with milk (0.5 syn)
Scrambled egg and smoked salmon, yoghurt, pear and seeds (2 syns)
L - Melon, ham, grapes, blueberries, muller light 0.5 banana
Snack - ham, cottage cheese, mug shot
D - Quick smoked cod and spinach gratins (3syns creme fraiche, (1 syn breadcrumbs), HEA gryuere cheese, Mash (no butter)broccoli
Snack - Tea with milk (0.5 syns), fibre plus bar HEB

Dreading tomorrow - really busy day - work, hospital appointment, meal out at indian with lots of smokers! :(

Total Syns 6.5

Last edited:
sarahrad said:
Evening all, hope all is well with you! I have had a busy day but managed to stay on plan and be smoke free :D, infact I am feeling quite saintly as I have been to a 4th birthday party and did not induldge in any of the cake, chocolates, pizza, chips and my favourites haribo's! I think its the fear of the swimsuit at the gym that is keeping me focused :sigh: . Cooked a yummy tea of smoked cod and spinach gratin - quick and easy and soooooo tasty, you would not have believed it was less than 5 syns!

Day 5 - EE - Weds 20 July

B - Tea with milk (0.5 syn)
Scrambled egg and smoked salmon, yoghurt, pear and seeds (2 syns)
L - Melon, ham, grapes, blueberries, muller light 0.5 banana
Snack - ham, cottage cheese, mug shot
D - Quick smoked cod and spinach gratins (3syns creme fraiche, (1 syn breadcrumbs), HEA gryuere cheese, Mash (no butter)broccoli
Snack - Tea with milk (0.5 syns), fibre plus bar HEB

Dreading tomorrow - really busy day - work, hospital appointment, meal out at indian with lots of smokers! :(

Total Syns 6.5

Hi Sarah,
Congratulations on another successful day!
You have to stay strong tomorrow night...you can do it. When I gave up smoking, I turned into the biggest anti-smoker ever! And I'm still the same 12 years later. I complain if someone lights up near me, and I bang on my office window if anyones smoking outside (smoking is banned in the hospital car park). I won't even walk behind a smoker. I hate it. I hate the smell of it on peoples hands and breath too! And I hate what it does to families when it tears them apart through causing illness.
Oh dear, sorry for the rant! Just want you to succeed hunni xx
I'll clear off and leave you in peace lol!
Night night xx

Morning dawn you are so right i will be strong, it will not beat me this time! Have a lovely few days off, hope the weather is fab to you x

sarahrad said:
Morning dawn you are so right i will be strong, it will not beat me this time! Have a lovely few days off, hope the weather is fab to you x

Good girl...brilliant attitude! And if any friends try to offer u a cigarette, tell them how disappointed you are in them and that you thought they were your friend!
No sabotage allowed lol!
You have a good day yourself hun x I'm just having a nice cup of tea in bed courtesy of hubby...what better way to start the day lol! X

Hi there Sarah.......... you can do it my lovely!!

Like skinnydawn, I am also a bit of a anti-smoking "facist" now. I was up in London yesterday and some guy got on the Tube and he REEKED :yuk: - I was torn between asking him if he knew how awful he smelt and feeling bad that people must have thought that about me in the past - no amount of Patchouli oil can cover up the pong!

I agree, if people try to tempt you they are not your true friends :mad: They should be trying to support and help you. I actually cut off a couple of people who I thought were my friends when I quit as they just kept trying to make me give in - what sort of friend is that!!

Be strong - you are doing so well :) and if you feel your resistance slipping, just pop on here for a bit of moral support - we will help you along and we understand how tough it can be sometimes :hug99:

Last edited:
U seem to be doin well, I have my first weigh in tomorrow I have also stoped smoking as of today, i like the fact u put it on here ur meals as it's a great idea for ppl like me who avmt got a clue x

lottie33 said:
U seem to be doin well, I have my first weigh in tomorrow I have also stoped smoking as of today, i like the fact u put it on here ur meals as it's a great idea for ppl like me who avmt got a clue x

Hi Lottie,
Congrats on giving up smoking AND joining sw! We're all here to help you hunni xx
Have a good nosey at some diaries...mines below if you want a look...they're really useful for motivation and ideas. And start your own if you haven't already!
Good luck xx

Go Girl!

Hi Lottie

Good for you chick! Hope your weigh in goes well, am sure it will:D. Giving up smoking is a great idea and so far I am managing to stick to it - even went out with my smoking friends last night and I wasnt even tempted to go outside with them - just gave my patch a little rub :p Ha ha. Stick with it! Sarah x

Morning Dawn
Thanks for the encouragement lovie - had a good night out but have to say was not tempted to go outside and smoke at all! I am so proud of myself, I am sure that this site is the key this time both to food and smoking. Hurray Hurray, hope you are enjoying your few days off x x Sarah xx

Smelly Smokers!

Hi there Sarah.......... you can do it my lovely!!

Like skinnydawn, I am also a bit of a anti-smoking "facist" now. I was up in London yesterday and some guy got on the Tube and he REEKED :yuk: - I was torn between asking him if he knew how awful he smelt and feeling bad that people must have thought that about me in the past - no amount of Patchouli oil can cover up the pong!

I agree, if people try to tempt you they are not your true friends :mad: They should be trying to support and help you. I actually cut off a couple of people who I thought were my friends when I quit as they just kept trying to make me give in - what sort of friend is that!!

Be strong - you are doing so well :) and if you feel your resistance slipping, just pop on here for a bit of moral support - we will help you along and we understand how tough it can be sometimes :hug99:

Morning Annya

Thanks for posting chick a dee! And you are soooooo right - when the smokers came back in from their mid meal smoke they smelt VILE!!!! I am really confident this time with the help of mini mims that I can crack it!
Hope you are having a good day :D

Sarah x

SYN FREE SARAH DAY SIX

Hello readers - quick post to catch up on yesterdays food as I didnt get in till
midnight last night:4635:
Thurs 21st EE Day Six

B - Milk in tea (0.5 syn)
Scrambled Egg and Smoked Salmon. Melon

L - Vegetable Chilli, Brown Pasta and broccoli

Snack - Fruit Salad, Mug Shot

Indian Meal Out for Dinner
1 Jack Dan and Diet Coke - 2.5 syns
4 smallish glasses of wine - ? 20 syns
1 popadum - ? 4 syns
Lamb Tikka starter - free I think
Chicken Tandorri with boiled rice and salad - free again I think.
Should add maybe 5 syns as a buffer so I think syns should be less than 35 which I am quite pleased with and NO SMOKING yippee:talk017:

PS Let me know if you think my syn estimation is right !!!! or wrong !!!!

Last edited:
Syn free sarah _ sneaky weigh in

Am not due for official weigh in till tomorrow but have jumped on this am to judge damage from last night and have lost 2.5 so far - am off to the gym now and working tonight so hoping that it will be the same tomorrow;)

Morning Dawn
Thanks for the encouragement lovie - had a good night out but have to say was not tempted to go outside and smoke at all! I am so proud of myself, I am sure that this site is the key this time both to food and smoking. Hurray Hurray, hope you are enjoying your few days off x x Sarah xx

Hi Sarah,

Ooh!!! Well done! :0clapper: Too right you should be proud of yourself! I'm proud of you too hunni!!! :party0019:

So, it's been nearly a week hasn't it? I wonder if that means we can now call you an EX smoker!!! ;)

You also did well with your food. I go out with the best of intentions but then my will power just dwindles away lol! :break_diet: But I have been out for lots of meals out since I started on SW, and so far, the only time I put on was when I gained a pound when my lovely Dad died, so I can't be doing too bad a job of it lol!!! I just try to be VERY careful for the rest of the week :angel09:

Anyway, you keep up the good work Sarah. You're fast turning into an inspiration on here xxx

Back