Syn Free Sarah!

Thanks Dawn but you are my inspiration, all those shiny stickers, your great attitude, the time you spend motivating others on here and keeping on going through really hard times in your life. You are amazing x x x

Day 7 - Fri 22 - EE

B - milk in tea (0.5)
Bacon, scrambled egg, tomato, mushroom
L - tuna, pasta, sweetcorn, (mayo 1tbs = 2 syns). Pear, Apple and Mango Yoghurt
D - tuna, pasta, sweetcorn, (mayo 0.5tbs = 1 syn). Pear, grapes, apple and mango yog
S - Ryvita (3) HEB and Philadelphia light with sweet chilli HEA

I know that I have not eaten anywhere near enough superfree today so will put that right for next week. Does anyone know how much philadelphia light you can have for a HEA?
Thanks

Hey Ladies hope you are all ok?
Time to reflect on a strange week I think! Started off last Saturday with stopping smoking, worked all weekend, inlaws to stay all weekend, joined the gym, took Bella swimming on my own (had fab time), mum and dad fell into a wasps nest in the woods - lots of stings bless them, 4 year old birthday party, car MOT, retirement indian meal, my amazing husband called all the way to coventry for an urgent meeting (we thought the worst - perhaps redundancy?) to find out 24 hours later it was to promote him! worked extra hours, beautiful daughters last day at nursery (why was it I was the only one crying!), gym induction...... its amazing when I look back. For months I have been convinced that I overeat, smoke and have a few too many wines to help me manage a busy, sometimes stressful week, what a load of rubbish! Hurray a lightbulb moment for me - I can do anything I put my mind to! Yippee - whats more I feel better for it - no more smelling like an ashtray freezing to death or getting soaked with rain in the cigarette shelter, no more wine fuelled fuzzy heads and I have had a week of very tasty food!!! LIFE IS GOOD :8855:Thanks to all who have supported me in my first week, I am sure that with all of you, this time will be different.

Sat 23 Jul - EE

B - Craister kipper (never again the house smells very dodgy!). Yogurt and fruit

L - Pasta n Sauce, extra broccoli,

Off to work at 4.30pm so not sure what the rest of the menu will look like - will update later.

I started SW group on Mon 4th July and not been back since (pennies saved will go to gym membership) so will weigh in on a Sat am from now on at home. 6.5 lbs to date and no cig's :D.
Have set myself some mini targets - not sure how to get them on my signature - any suggestions anyone;have read the tutorials but cant figure it out!

My Targets
Stay Smoke Free!
Reach 11 stone by 5th Sept (school gate d-day!)
Reduce BMI to healthy weight (current 25.7)
Reduce waist to hip ratio to < 0.78 (current 0.88)
Increase aerobic fitness to 28-31 (current 25 = poor)

Last edited:
Thanks Dawn but you are my inspiration, all those shiny stickers, your great attitude, the time you spend motivating others on here and keeping on going through really hard times in your life. You are amazing x x x

Aww...shucks...thanks hun xx :eek:

I know that I have not eaten anywhere near enough superfree today so will put that right for next week. Does anyone know how much philadelphia light you can have for a HEA?
Thanks

71g philadelphia light = 1 HEA

Time to reflect on a strange week I think! Started off last Saturday with stopping smoking, worked all weekend, inlaws to stay all weekend, joined the gym, took Bella swimming on my own (had fab time), mum and dad fell into a wasps nest in the woods - lots of stings bless them, 4 year old birthday party, car MOT, retirement indian meal, my amazing husband called all the way to coventry for an urgent meeting (we thought the worst - perhaps redundancy?) to find out 24 hours later it was to promote him! worked extra hours, beautiful daughters last day at nursery (why was it I was the only one crying!), gym induction...... its amazing when I look back. For months I have been convinced that I overeat, smoke and have a few too many wines to help me manage a busy, sometimes stressful week, what a load of rubbish! Hurray a lightbulb moment for me - I can do anything I put my mind to! Yippee - whats more I feel better for it - no more smelling like an ashtray freezing to death or getting soaked with rain in the cigarette shelter, no more wine fuelled fuzzy heads and I have had a week of very tasty food!!! LIFE IS GOOD :8855:Thanks to all who have supported me in my first week, I am sure that with all of you, this time will be different.

Sat 23 Jul - EE

B - Craister kipper (never again the house smells very dodgy!). Yogurt and fruit

Off to work at 4.30pm so not sure what the rest of the menu will look like - will update later.

I started SW group on Mon 4th July and not been back since (pennies saved will go to gym membership) so will weigh in on a Sat am from now on at home. 6.5 lbs to date and no cig's :D.
Have set myself some mini targets - not sure how to get them on my signature - any suggestions anyone;have read the tutorials but cant figure it out!

My Targets
Stay Smoke Free!

Wow!!!!!!! :D

When you put it like that, you really REALLY don't need those fags do you!!! What a week :eek: Loads of ups and downs...but look how well you coped, and I think you had fun coping too! ;)

Actually your post brought a tear to my eye, and I hope you don't mind but I showed gorgeous hubby it too as I was so touched and impressed by it :happy096:

You better be SO proud of yourself lady :hug99:

Have a good afternoon at work xx

P.S. lol at the kippers!!! :yuk:

Hi skinny dawn
Just in from work and guess what.....can still smell the kipper! Glad to hear you had a fab night out, piccies look great thanks for the info on phil light will be tucking into that next week. X sarah x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

sarahrad said:

Sat 23 Jul - EE

My Targets
Stay Smoke Free!

Update saturday food

Lunch was not enough so had potato, cheese (hea) tuna tomato basil in addition to pasta and sauce - must be having a hungry day!

Snack - grapes and apple

Dinner - tuna and sweetcorn sandwich (heb) (1 syn mayo) diet coke,rachel organic yogurt

Syns - 3 syns milk, 1 mayo, 4 buttons, 2 yogurt. Total 10 syns

O cigarettes :)

Well done with the no smoking Hun I still havnt had a cig, r u having any help I.e patchs ? I had patches for 2 days then had to remove them it was giving me bad headache n Soooo moody, but I havnt lapsed, thought I wud cus kids been doin my nut in lol x x keep it up babe ur doin brill. Lottie x

lottie33 said:
Well done with the no smoking Hun I still havnt had a cig, r u having any help I.e patchs ? I had patches for 2 days then had to remove them it was giving me bad headache n Soooo moody, but I havnt lapsed, thought I wud cus kids been doin my nut in lol x x keep it up babe ur doin brill. Lottie x

Hi lottie
Well done chick. I am using patches and also the new quick mist which is a great help if u get a bad craving or are really stressed as it works straight away (thank god!) i am also using a flower remedy craving essence to keep my mood up which is doing good. You are sooooo brave not using anything! Of course the best thing is this forum as it keeps my hands busy. .... Keep flying the fag free flag!!!! Sarah xx

Hey Lottie,

Well done hunni on still not smoking!!!

Ooh I AM proud of you both lol!!! :D

I tried patches once...I was buzzing for 3 days!!! Hoovering at 4am, ironing, dusting...anything but bloody sleeping :rolleyes: Had to take them off...I was as high as a kite!!! :D

Keep promising the kids u would quit but I would b lien if I said I didn't miss a lovely fag with a cupa coffee :( but I love doin zumba n it's expensive to do both so I decided on which one am I goin to benefit from the most ? Bein stinky n die younger or get fit n live longer, u guessed it live longer lol I think once I've gone past the first week I shud b fine x x

Please don't give in Lottie xx
There's not a SINGLE argument for being pro smoking.
Nothing.
No benefits.
But you have EVERYTHING to gain by giving up.
But I'm sure I don't need to tell you that!
One think worth thinking about...how do u think u would feel about your children smoking? I was devastated when I found my son smoking, but how could I tell him off? So I threw all my cigarettes away that morning and went to the chemists for patches on the way to work. And I never touched a cigarette again, and I know I never will.
I think you're brilliant for giving up hunni xx

Ooh...this is such a POSITIVE thread!!!

Keep it up girlies...you're doing great! Xx

Sunday 24th EE

Started out with very good intentions, had invited family over for sunday tea to celebrate hubbys promotion and had sw recipe book by my shopping bag (had chosen to do lasagne). The disaster struck as hubby discovered mice in the garage!!! We thought it would be a quick job to sort but emptying the whole garage and cleaning away mice droppings from everything etc took forever so ended up dashing out to m and s for their made lasagne and garlic bread etc so am going to take it as a flexi syn day! Not sure how many i used but i do know that i felt very sick afterwards and slept badly x x :-(

Monday 25 july EE

B - bacon egg toms toast (heb) milk in tea (1 syn)
S - melon
L - cheese and ham pasta n sauce (not sure how many syns this is) , philli (hea), runner beans carrots brocolli

D - tuna pasta mayo (1 syn) fresh fruit onken fat free yog

Lots of water and still cigarette free yipee x

Feeling quite sad today, not sure why? Maybe its going off plan yesterday or maybe its the cigarettes catching up with me? Few family probs eating at me and once something gets under my skin i find it hard to move on. Will try harder tom x

Evening Sarah,

Sorry to hear you're having an off day today :wave_cry:

Maybe you're right and it is your body adjusting to the lack of nicotine in your system :confused: But in a way that's good, as you really don't want that stuff in you :)

Don't like the sound of those mices running round the garage! :eek: We used to have a rat living under our garden shed at our old house! We think he was a bit of an outcast as he was always on his own...we never saw him with another one thank goodness.

So we kinda felt sorry for him...

So we used to feed him!!! :rolleyes:

And we called him Bob!!! :8855:

I was actually quite sad to leave him behind when we moved house...:cry:

Hope you pick up soon hunni :hug99:

Hi dawn

Feeling much better already - posting from my comfy bed having a giggle about bob!! To be honest have felt better since i wrote it on my post.... There must be truth in the problem shared saying :) thanks for your post chick a dee x x x ps all i can think off is a mushroom omlette!! X sarah X

Ooh, good to hear you're feeling better now mate xx
It really does help you know...this talkin about stuff. It seems that not only do you get it off your chest, but you normally find someone else who's had the same problem! Strange...

Anyway, hope you're fast asleep now and dreaming merrily away about your lovely omelette lol! Xx

Hi Sarah,

Hope you've had a great day xx

I forgot to thank you properly for the lovely post on my diary last night xx

You really hit the nail on the head when you said that although we wouldn't know each other if we passed in the street, we're all becoming very good friends. I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something special about this forum and the people on it. I have been lucky enough to meet Jim of Troy, Gail and Jules, and I'm hoping to meet Nattymo in the next few weeks, and I can say hand on heart that they are as genuine in the flesh as they are on here.

Have a good evening xx

Hi Sarah,

Hope you've had a great day xx

I forgot to thank you properly for the lovely post on my diary last night xx

You really hit the nail on the head when you said that although we wouldn't know each other if we passed in the street, we're all becoming very good friends. I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something special about this forum and the people on it. I have been lucky enough to meet Jim of Troy, Gail and Jules, and I'm hoping to meet Nattymo in the next few weeks, and I can say hand on heart that they are as genuine in the flesh as they are on here.

Have a good evening xx

Thanks Dawn - hope all is ok with you today? I meant every word I said, its so amazing the support I get here and what is so fab is that its given by such genuine people x x x:grouphugg:

Back