Syn Free Sarah!

MICE< MICE < MICE

Evening All

:mad: :beam: After spending most of Sunday cleaning out the garage to try and get rid of our resident mice, came down to the kitchen this morning (we live in a 3 storey house - garage on the ground, kitchen on the middle) to find mouse droppings on the kitchen floor in three places :flamingmad:. Afraid to say I lost the plot a bit, couldnt face breakfast as didnt have time to disinfect everywhere, had to get little one to my mums so I wasnt late for work.....

B - Beans on toast with bacon at work. Tea (0.5 Syns)

L - Tuna Pasta with sweetcorn (1.0 Mayo) Rachel Organic Yoghurt (2.0 syns)

S - Pitta and Houmous (7 Syns)

DISASTER STRUCK! Came home from work armed with nearly £20 of cleaning materials, gloves, cloths, wipes, sprays, liquid - you name it I bought it, no mouse is going to make my little girl poorly. So after a few tears of sheer frustration (we live in a new build ... how could we have mice!) we (hubby was a great help) started to clean all the kitchen, empty the cupboards etc. Then we started to uncover how big the problem was..... uderneath all the kitchen units was covered in droppings, then we found some on the top of the high units, then we found them in the lounge, then in the toilet...... you can imagine by seven (we started at half three) we had had enough! Tea cooked from scratch was out of the question so we ended up with pitta breads, half a can of tomato soup and some cheese....completely off plan but the best I could muster. Will not be beaten by the little mites though, have just got of my SW books and am going to plan the next few days so nothing (not even more mice) can sabotage this weeks fast approaching weigh in! Am starting with a cold so am thinking maybe some soups? Any comfort food ideas very welcome!

Syns - No idea really but far to many! BUT no wine or cigarettes so I have to give myself a bonus point for that.

PS am sure I am going to dream about mice tonight!

Bad news about the mice Sarah, but you WILL conquer them. We have the [outside] garage full of them at the moment and suspect some rats under one of the sheds where we keep the chicken food too :( Our Dobie, Lily, is going crazy to get under there and kill them!

We are very rural so you do expect a few rodents, but our "problem" is also starting to get out of hand and my dear husband went to the local town today and came back armed with rat & mouse poison and also one of those electric zappers for flies.... did I mention the plague of flies we have too??

Don't worry about one day off plan - indeed it can sometimes help with your losses, so don't despair :hug99: Onwards and downwards again tomorrow - it's another day my lovely :)

Not a bad idea except sadly I think Lily might try and eat a cat - she is a bit of a "sight hound" and regularly has wild rabbit on her menu :eek:

Hopefully we will both be rid of our little visitors soon.............

Last edited:
Oh poor Sarah (and Annya)

What an absolute nightmare! And you're so right...you really don't expect to have mice in a new house. I hope the little devils won't be a problem for long xx

But how good are you for not lighting up despite being so stressed and upset! And tea was very good considering xx

Hope tomorrow is a MUCH better day xxx

hi sarah welcome to s/w and minimins, a lot of members start a weekly total of syns then deduct however many they have each day i think i will start doing that again. good luck losing the lbs x

Thanks for the welcome Valerie - you look like you are on a roll ...congrats on your great sucess. Will definatley be taking a peek at your diary x

Evening one and all! Very late posting tonight as I have had a cooking fest stocking up the freezer with lots of my favourite SW meals..... veg chilli, chilli con carne, cottage pie etc.

B - Ham and mango

L - tuna and sweetcorn (1 syn mayo) jacket potato, salad (2.5 syn dressing)

S - Banana and Nectarine

D - cottage pie, vegetables and gravy (1 syn)

4.0 syns - hot toddy (whiskey and honey)

Total Syns 8.5 plus halls soothers see below under HEB!

HEA - Milk
HEB - none (have had that many cold sweets thought I had better take the syns from here)

Oh poor you!

And aren't you good cooking all that yummy sw food even though you're not very well!

Hope you feel better very soon xx

Hi Sarah well done so far on sw and the fags (that's next goal for me) and after reading your diary it may be sooner than i think! Did you manage to sort the mice out hope so i think i would be running off to my mums leaving the hubby to deal with it lol!

Hope you don't mind me dropping by! X

shenzi said:
Hi Sarah well done so far on sw and the fags (that's next goal for me) and after reading your diary it may be sooner than i think! Did you manage to sort the mice out hope so i think i would be running off to my mums leaving the hubby to deal with it lol!

Hope you don't mind me dropping by! X

Hi shenzi
Thanks for the post x start the fag stopping as soon as you can!!! Have been to stopping smoking clinic today and was discussing how fab the patches are as they curb your apetite as you are still getting some nicotine. By the time i am off the patches (about 12 weeks) i am sure i will be so used to the sw way of life that i should keep it off!!!! Fingers crossed anyway ... The suport on here has been amazing :) x x x give it a go you've nothing to lose x x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Have been to non smoking clinic today. ....am very pleased with myself as reading is down to one (lowest it gets due to atmospheric pressure ???) am going to try and go down a level of patch in a few days x
Just sat at the gym while little one has her induction session at the creche! So far she has settled which means from next week i can exercise for an hour in the morning while she has a fab play! Then i can bring her back in the afternoon for a swim, we should be as fit as fiddles and have some giggles to :)

B - plums, melon, strawberries

Hea milk in tea

Laying off the cough sweets today ..... Cant bear to waste syns on them !!!!

Enjoy the sunshine everyone x

A huge WELL DONE Sarah. Keep it up - you know it makes sense!

When I packed up I had early emphysematic changes on a lung function test, but when they were repeated the following year my lungs were as good as if I had never smoked (in fact I was asked by the Technician if I was sure I'd smoked for as long and as much as I said!) which just shows they can recover :)

I took up jogging and swimming, which I am sure helped them recover from 30 years of smoke insult too, so your gym sessions are bound to help your lung efficiency as well as your weight loss.

Good on you :happy036::0clapper:

sarahrad said:
Hi shenzi
Thanks for the post x start the fag stopping as soon as you can!!! Have been to stopping smoking clinic today and was discussing how fab the patches are as they curb your apetite as you are still getting some nicotine. By the time i am off the patches (about 12 weeks) i am sure i will be so used to the sw way of life that i should keep it off!!!! Fingers crossed anyway ... The suport on here has been amazing :) x x x give it a go you've nothing to lose x x

I have tried the patches before inhalater, gum agmonst other things, a nurse i know has suggested trying to get Champix of the doctor as this seems to be the best thing working at the moment. I will do it just don't think Im quite in the right frame of mind yet but lose they will be gone along with there access pounds!

Been fag free for 1 whole week now yay it's been tuff but I'm getting there done zumba 3 times this week so hopefully I've lost some this week, we shall see in the morning x

Been fag free for 1 whole week now yay it's been tuff but I'm getting there done zumba 3 times this week so hopefully I've lost some this week, we shall see in the morning x

Hey lottie, all the very best for tom x don't let the little white sticks beat you chick, let me know how you get on :D

Back