Syn Free Sarah!

Morning Sarah x

I should say a sts is an excellent result considering how poorly you've been!

And never underestimate just how brilliantly brave and strong you are being...giving up smoking AND losing weight is a massive commitment and a shock for your head and your body.

But you're handling it so bloody well! I take my hat off to you hun! You're a terrific positive role model for everyone on here who wants to give up smoking whilst dieting but who feels it can't be done.

You're showing them it CAN.

Huge hugs and applause to you hunni...I'm SO proud of you! Xx

Hi there Sarah. Thanks for passing by my page over the weekend.

A STS is still good going when you consider you have been totally off plan all week - I often get a STS with just one day off :rolleyes:

Back on plan for me too after a VERY naughty weekend away, we shall see what Friday's weigh in brings........:eek:

An onwards, downwards and smoke-free week ahead for you - way to go girlie :party0049: :greenapple: :party0011:

Hi Sarah, I have just been reading through your diary and couldn't leave without leaving a comment. Firstly well done on stopping smoking, I gave up nearly 5 months ago, so I know how hard it is. Doubley well done for giving up and starting a diet! I joined SW cos I had put on weight after stopping smoking. You are doing brilliantly and as Dawn says you are a positive role model for people on the site trying to give up smoking, diet or both. Keep it up!!

Hi ladies

Thanks for all your amazing comments and encouragement i could not keep going without you all x x x

Had a few busy days with all our routines up the spout but am trying to stay as near to plan as i can. Amazed today as i could just squeeze in to a size twelve pair of trousers in sainsburys (in the sale at five quid)

We have planned a last minute holiday to france in ten days, renting a farmhouse, we are so excited but i am also petrified as we are going with smokers, eaters and drinkers!! Have just ordeted 30 day shred off amazon to take with me so i can keep off some of the damage with a little bit of exercise x wish me luck x lol x

Work today - ee
banana and free yogurt
Bacon, beans, toast (heb)

Chicken salad, left over rissotto, dressing (2 syns)

Mugs of tea (hexa)

Nectarine

Jack and diet 2.5
Krisprolls 4.0
Curly wurly 3.0 (half)

Total 11.5 x x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Opps forgot to put my tea on!!!!

Salmon steak, roasted veg and pots (3.5 syns for marinade )

Total syns now 15 :-(

Opps forgot to put my tea on!!!!

Salmon steak, roasted veg and pots (3.5 syns for marinade )

Total syns now 15 :-(

That's fine Sarah - I find a "max-out" on the syns helps with my losses sometimes :)

I tend to count mine as a weekly "ration" of 105 and just subtract whatever I use per day and roll it into the next day. At the start of the next week I go back to 105 and start again (does that make sense?).

I usually stay under the 105 overall for the week (expect on my birthday weekend :eek:) and average out at around 90.

I know that you are not supposed to do it like this, but it works for me and if I have the odd off day it matters not! I am not one of those who will binge out on "spare" syns on the last day if I have any left - which is why SW prefers you to syn daily rather than weekly.

Hi Sarah,

Lovely to see you're still doing so well xx

Try not to worry about your holiday...just enjoy it!

If it were me, I would concentrate 100% on making sure I don't get tempted to smoke. Even if it means having more food. The nicotine is well out of your system now, and your body id already feeling the benefits from it. If you put on a couple of pounds, so be it. It won't kill you...you'll soon get it off!

Oh, and btw, I'm very jealous! :jelous:

I agree with Dawn - concentrate on kicking the fag habit.

You know you can deal with any little gains you might make on holiday - you are, after all, WonderFag/Food Woman :D

lottie33 said:
SarHead how ling have u been on sw? How much u list so far x x

Hi lottie sorry i missed your post i have lost 8.5 so far in about not sure how long actually about six weeks i think !!!!!

Evening all

Tried cereal this morning but it has been a disaster!!! Have been hungry all day since will be going back to protein tom

B - weetabix (hea b) milk (hex a )

S - banana cheez dipper (6 syns)

L - chicken salad jacket pot (1.5 syn)

D - chilli and rice

Snacks 2 krisprolls, sweets, mikado guess at 6 syns

Total 13.5

Cant seem to get my syns down have been working different shifts and concentrating on getting ready for hols. Feel like i am losing my focus? Have another difficult day tom but will try my best!!!

Any help with keeping my focus would be gratefully recieved x x x

Planning, planning and more planning.

Sarah, like you I can't do cereal for brekkie unless it is porridge and even then I have to have a grated apple in it a la Shrimpy stylee!

Snack on loads of fruit salad with nice thick yoghurts like Shape or Zero Greek - divine (I find Mullers rather watery and unsatisfying) so you don't feel empty between meals and get tempted to eat synful stuff and bulk up on veggies with your other 2 main meals (I love roasted roots and butternut squash done in the Actifry with herbs and spices....mmmmmm).

You will get your focus back my lovely....... things are just a bit overwhelming at present and healthy eating is just one of many things for you to think about. Enjoy your holiday and worry about "over-synning" when you get back!!

Thanks annya thats great advice. I do find mullers a bit watery, what are the shape ones called? Many thanks sarah x

Shape Delights 0% - they come singly or in multipacks of 4.

My fave are Blackberry or Mango. They are so thick you can stand your spoon up in them and they really coat your fruit wonderfully - they seems very indulgent, but they aren't! Most are 1/2 a syn, but some are free............. here's the list

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Apple Crumble, 120g pot ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Blackberry, 120g pot ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Cherry, 100g Free

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Mango, 120g pot ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Peach & Passionfruit, 120g pot ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Raspberry, 120g pot ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Rhubarb Crumble, 120g pot ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Strawberry, 100g Free

Believe me, for a measly 1/2 a syn they are more than worth it! Many of the Mullers that used to be free are syned now anyway and these are far nicer. I haven't found the crumble ones yet, but can't wait to try them :eat: :drool:

Morning Sarah,

Just dropped by to see how you're doing xx.

And Annya, those yoghurts sound delicious...I'm going to try them so thanks for the post! Xx

Shape Delights 0% - they come singly or in multipacks of 4.

My fave are Blackberry or Mango. They are so thick you can stand your spoon up in them and they really coat your fruit wonderfully - they seems very indulgent, but they aren't! Most are 1/2 a syn, but some are free............. here's the list

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Apple Crumble, 120g pot ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Blackberry, 120g pot ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Cherry, 100g Free

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Mango, 120g pot ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Peach & Passionfruit, 120g pot ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Raspberry, 120g pot ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Rhubarb Crumble, 120g pot ½

Shape Delights 0% Yogurt, Strawberry, 100g Free

Believe me, for a measly 1/2 a syn they are more than worth it! Many of the Mullers that used to be free are syned now anyway and these are far nicer. I haven't found the crumble ones yet, but can't wait to try them :eat: :drool:

I have these they are gorgeous, and I love the crumble ones. It is just like eating a crumble and well worth the 1/2 syns :D

OMG BACK TO WHERE I STARTED!

Evening to anyone reading.....I have to report that although we have had the most amazing family holiday in a beautiful french farmhouse ..... the worst has happened both on the eating and smoking front. :cry::cry:

HOWEVER, today has been marked as start over day! I have put on 4lbs while we have been away, which compared to the amount of french bread and wine I have consumed is nothing short of a miracle! The nicotine patches are back on and are there to stay.... my willpower just could not hold out, sharing a house with a smoker was to much to cope with.

I have a number of strategies to help me get the weight off asap!! Please let me know if you have any other tried and tested to get a big gain off!!

1. Have spent the last two days preparing my own 'lunch pots' so the freezer is now well stocked with yummy slimming world meals. On my way out to work each morning I can just grab a pot and heat it at work. I have made them all EE and have the required veg in them so there is nothing left to do but eat. I have prepared - Keema Curry with rice and Veg, Lentil Dahl with rice and veg, Pork Ragu with veg and pasta, Leek and Potato soup with chicken and pasta.

2. Start using the gym as much as possible, have started with body pump and pilates today - I find the exercise really helps with quitting the fags. :character00115:

3. Eat my syns and HEA/B so for the first stone I don't feel deprived

4. Calculate my syns weekly so I can enjoy a few wines at the weekend

5. Post, Post, Post and Read, Read, Read mini mims, I found being on this site was amazing motivation. The next few days are going to be tricky to post as I am work for long shifts over the weekend and there is no wifi at work but I will try and do it when I get in.

So thats it, I have confessed to my dreadful syns but am ready to start again!

8th September

B - Smoked Salmon & Scr Egg. Plum & Nectarine

L - Jacket Potato, Cottage Cheese, Prawns, Seafood Sticks, Salad, Dressing (1.0), Salsa (1.0). Nectarine & Clementine

D - Fish in breadcrumbs (homemade 0.5 HEXB and parsley for breadcrumbs) SW Chips, Peas, Carrots, Green Beans, Babycorn. Onken yoghurt, raspberries, kiwi.

S - SF Jelly & Squirty Cream (1.5)

S - 1 slice bread (0.5 HEB) ham & LC Light + babybel light (HEA)

Tea & Aero biscuit (5)

8.5 / 84

U will b fine, I had my first body pump class today n my legs feel like they gave been disconnected from my body, n it's body combat tomoz I will burn this fat x x x

Back