Syn Free Sarah!

Annya well done u I do feel much beta since stoping n my astma is much beta n I'm enjoying saving the pennies, I am due to get married September next year but have now brought it forward to June x x

Evening Sarah,

How are you doing? xx

Yoohooo ~ where are you Sarah?

Hope all is OK. I've been away for the weekend at a rally and got back yesterday evening. Good times all round and it looks like I didn't gain anything either this time, which is a bonus.... I know I shouldn't, but I just had to look after the Hull weekend's disaster :eek:

Sorry I have been missing - worked on Friday till late, then a wedding in nottingham on Saturday.... I did really well all day (I was driving home to yorkshire so no booze) the meal was very sw friendly and I chose fruit salad for pudding but then about 10pm ...the chip butties arrived...I could not resist! I only had half though. :break_diet:On the plus side my little girl was a bridesmaid and she looked so beautiful - I will try and work out how to post a picture!

We all had a lie in on Sunday as we didnt get to bed till midnight :4635: and had then planned a trip to the seaside for some quality time :family2: but the weather was dreadful so we had a mooch around and ended up at an italian restaurant for a treat of crab and lobster ravioli. :booboo:

Did a few jobs on Monday and then all of a sudden about three ish....... :sign0137::character00264: :9529:A definate case of food poisoning I am so cross and fed up ..... have just eaten a boiled egg and white bread ..... I am annoyed because on Sat before the wedding I shopped for fruit and salad etc and got it all ready for a picnic at the beach on sun but the weather would not play ball, then on mon I sort of felt off it (i know why now!!!)

On a very positive note there has been no smoking!!!! and am on my third day without patches.....after reading all the posts about going cold turkey I decided to give it a go and so far I am winning !!!!! Yipee for me xxxxx

Yoohooo ~ where are you Sarah?

Hope all is OK. I've been away for the weekend at a rally and got back yesterday evening. Good times all round and it looks like I didn't gain anything either this time, which is a bonus.... I know I shouldn't, but I just had to look after the Hull weekend's disaster :eek:

Hey annya

glad you have had a good weekend, saw your post about making chicken soup out of the carcass.... would you be able to post the recipe please x x x

Well done you on giving up smoking it's not easy I gave up 1 1/2 years ago and I can't believe how much healthier I feel,after failing last year on SW I started again yesterday and I am determind to do it,and I'm sure you will too good luck.

Well done you on giving up smoking it's not easy I gave up 1 1/2 years ago and I can't believe how much healthier I feel,after failing last year on SW I started again yesterday and I am determind to do it,and I'm sure you will too good luck.

Thanks for your post - well done on being smoke free for 1.5 years! Good luck on SW - you will defo get all the support and encouragement you need on here x

Thanks for your post - well done on being smoke free for 1.5 years! Good luck on SW - you will defo get all the support and encouragement you need on here x
Thank you with the support from my hubby and from here I'm sure I will succeed.Sarah.xx:eek:

PS Forgot to say STS at weigh in on Sat morning so cried a few tears!!! :cry:Well I didnt but I felt like it!

A maintain is better than a gain Sarah :hug99:

Glad you also had a good weekend away - bad news about the food poisoning though :jelous: I have a friend who picked up some sort of bug in Spain and it has taken him a fortnight to recover from it :(

Well done for going cold turkey - it's painful, I know, but I reckon it's the only way to quit for good. You know I have friends who are still on replacement therapy months or even YEARS after supposedly "quitting". One springs to mind immediately - she's replaced real fags for the fake ones, but still does 20 a day and she's been "quit" for over 2 years now :rolleyes:

Hang in there my lovely - you are doing an OUTSTANDING job :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hey annya

glad you have had a good weekend, saw your post about making chicken soup out of the carcass.... would you be able to post the recipe please x x x

Here ya go Sarah - enjoy!!

Chicken carcass soup

Boil up your chicken carcass for about 15-20 minutes then pour contents of the pan through a colander so that the carcass is separated from the stock.

Leave the stock to one side to cool down and when completely cold skim the fat off the top and discard (or feed to your scrounging Doberman in my case :doggy:!)

While the stock cools down, pick any remaining meat off the carcass - you’d be surprised how much you can find it you look – and discard the bones (well wrapped so cats/foxes etc can’t flitch it from the bin and pierce their guts :()

Chop up lots of veggies. I use carrots, parsnips, swede, butternut squash, leeks, potato, sweet potato etc into cubes and chuck in the pot. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the veggies are cooked.

Add whatever chicken is left over and if there’s any gravy left over from the roast dinner bung that in too. I also add in a tin of kidney beans or some other beans (borlotti/black eyed etc) but this isn’t mandatory.

You can either blend the lot to make thick soup or add instant mash or lentils/split peas to thicken and keep the chunks according to your own taste. Season well and enjoy.

I always do this as a green day and HEx the chicken as there is usually only a bit in a big pot of soup. You can syn the gravy if there’s a lot but I usually don’t bother as there are often only a few tablespoons in the whole pot, if any at all.

Lovely and filling and uses up every last little bit of the bird – I try my best never to waste anything from an animal who has given its life to feed me.

Yo Sarah!!!

Sorry you've been so :9529: recently but....

WELL DONE on still not smoking!!! :party0049:

Fine thanks...got the "dont wana go to work in the mornin" feeling atm tho! Very naughty as I've just had a week off.

Glad you're feeling better xx

Sat weigh in day

Stayed the same this week, i am not surprised as after the food poisoning all i can fancy is white bread and butter, of which i have eaten lots and lots! Back on plan now though .....

Sat EE (was supposed to be red but forgot no rice on red)

B - scrambled eggs, mushroom, tomatoes, ham. Cup of tea (0.5 syn)

L - chicken, pasta, salad, dressing (1.0 syn) fruit salad, coconut muller, chocolate (1.5syn)

D - chilli, rice, melon , chocolate (1.0 syn)

S - jack and diet (2.5) melba tst (2.0) cheese (hea) french fries (4.5) maltesers (2.0)

16 syns which is a little over so will hold back on some other days. Just realised i had no heb so i coould of had a fibre plus for my choc fix x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

valerie11 said:
hi sarah sorry u have been ill :hug99: but well done on the ciggie front and sts xx

Thanks for your kind post, hope you are having a great weekend x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Good morning Sarah, i hope you are having a lovely weekend enjoy what's left of it! X

Back