Syn Free Sarah!

Hi Sarah yes um on the EE I'll give any recipe ago lol were did u get ur chilli one from? I'm still fag free but it comes with it's downs, dnt no what's wrong with me can't sleep, :( Sooo moody, tearful etc and I dnt really no why, I can only prosume it's the withdrawal from nicotine lol I just want this fat to melt away I no it won't happen over night but I would love to beable to lose at least 2lb everyweek, anyway I best get some sleep night girlies x x oh one mire thing how do I put a picture of myself on here?

lottie33 said:
Hi Sarah yes um on the EE I'll give any recipe ago lol were did u get ur chilli one from? I'm still fag free but it comes with it's downs, dnt no what's wrong with me can't sleep, :( Sooo moody, tearful etc and I dnt really no why, I can only prosume it's the withdrawal from nicotine lol I just want this fat to melt away I no it won't happen over night but I would love to beable to lose at least 2lb everyweek, anyway I best get some sleep night girlies x x oh one mire thing how do I put a picture of myself on here?

Hi Lottie, are u on nicotine patches? When I gave up, the patches I got were far too strong for me. I was totally wired, couldn't sleep...ironing, washing, dusting etc all thru the night! After 3 days I realised it was the patches and took them off with a view to getting lower dose ones...but I didn't get round to it and just carried on without them. I read yesterday that when you give up smoking, it only takes 2 days for all traces of nicotine to leave your body, which means your blood pressure drops to a normal level really quickly. So you've already improved your health! Stick with it...you won't ever regret it. Xx

Hi skinnydawn I did have patches for 2 days but then took them off cus like I I gelt weird lol mine were 25g I havnt used anything since since, I've been good n my oldest son saud that if I have a fag I have to give him £5 for everyone I smoke so it will b alot cheaper for me yo carry on fag free :)

lottie33 said:
Hi skinnydawn I did have patches for 2 days but then took them off cus like I I gelt weird lol mine were 25g I havnt used anything since since, I've been good n my oldest son saud that if I have a fag I have to give him £5 for everyone I smoke so it will b alot cheaper for me yo carry on fag free :)

Aww bless him...he's got the right idea! Good lad! I bet he's thrilled to bits that his mum has given up...its probably the very best present you could give him! And he's far less likely to smoke himself if he's brought up in a non smoking home xx

Well done you xxx

Sunday Catch Up! (At work 9.30 - 4.30)

B - Mushroom omelette, toms and bacon

L - Chicken Pasta Salad (2.5 syns dressing). Fruit

S - Fruit Salad

Swimming with hubby and bella after work - great fun

Drink in a nice pub on the way home - 12 syns (but so worth it!)

T - Spag Bol, Cheese (HEA) Peas, Dough Balls (oops)

S - Mini packet of buttons (double oops)

All in all not great for syns but I enjoyed being with my family after working fri, sat and sun so I am happy to make the sacrifice! Lost 1.5 on the scales which makes my total loss 8 and zero cigarettes

:D :D :D

New Week - more focus

Evening All

Did a 160 mile round trip to the dentist this morning with a cracked filing (or so I thought it was a false alarm!) :p

Then into the local town to try and complete my wedding outfit for saturday buying getting shoes, bag and a shawl. NIGHTMARE - could not get anything to match in each shop they had either the bag, the shawl or the shoes but not one shop had all three to match so I am sat with a new pair of casual wedges that I didnt need, a black shawl and a cream bag so by saturday I either need a black bag and shoes (that will not kill my feet) or a cream shawl and shoes. To top it all I am working tues, weds, thurs and fri and have a four year old who is not so keen on shopping unless it is for crafting materials to add to her extensive collection so I think I may need a miracle!!! :confused:

The good news is ..... my actual outfit is now a very nice fit and still zero fags :D

Monday - EE (must get organised to trying green or red)

B - Ham and Melon, Yogurt, Seeds (2)

S - Banana

L - Chicken, Broc & Cheese Pasta and Sauce (0.5) Salad, Dressing (2)

S - Fruit

D - Gammon and Chicken, Salad, Sweet Potato Wedges

S - Fruit

HEA - milk
HEB - fibre plus bar ( I am so in love with these :cupid:)

Syns - 4.5

Hope all is well with you all x x x x

Hey Lottie

Hope all is well on the fag front - will post the chilli recipe as soon as I have a minute - its syn free and really yummy (adapted from my mum's recipe so I cannot take the credit!!)
Last week I had a few tearful days and felt down but they have passed for the minute but I am going down a strength of patch tomo so I am sure they will be back again. BUT we can beat them into submission together x x x x

Hi Sarah,

Wow! Congratulations on your 1.5lb loss...and your half stone award! Hope you're feeling proud of yourself and what you've achieved xx

I think you'll be ok on the lower patches xx. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you xx

Hi Sarah,

Wow! Congratulations on your 1.5lb loss...and your half stone award! Hope you're feeling proud of yourself and what you've achieved xx

I think you'll be ok on the lower patches xx. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you xx

Hi Dawn

Thanks very much - have been on the lower patches today and so far so good!! Hope all is ok with you - will catch up with your diary in a wee while :) Sarah x

Hi Dawn

Thanks very much - have been on the lower patches today and so far so good!! Hope all is ok with you - will catch up with your diary in a wee while :) Sarah x

Glad to hear the lower patches are doing the job Sarah. So proud of you - keep up the good work my lovely!!

Tuesday - EE - Work

B - Ham and fruit

L - Chicken, pasta salad, salad dressing(1.0 syn) Chicken mug shot, fruit salad

D - 2 Eggs, bacon, tom's, beans, sw chips, brown sauce (2.0 syn)

HEA - milk
HEB - fibre plus

Syns - 3.0

Not sure about the syns, I am trying to be really good as I have a wedding to go to Sat and want to be as trim as I can but have read in some peoples posts that you must have around 10 to lose? anyone got any tips please??

I find that if I don't have between 8 and 10 it slows me down (but then so does most things!).

I do save them up sometimes though for a bit of a blow out on the weekends we are away rallying as I know there's going to be some sipping out of my hip flask (Disoronno) going on and perhaps even the odd late night bacon sarnie too :eek:

I find that if I don't have between 8 and 10 it slows me down (but then so does most things!).

I do save them up sometimes though for a bit of a blow out on the weekends we are away rallying as I know there's going to be some sipping out of my hip flask (Disoronno) going on and perhaps even the odd late night bacon sarnie too :eek:

Great advice annya, will try and up them a bit, in fact I think I can hear a lonely packet of hula hoops calling me from the cupboard already!!

Hi Sarah glad ur lower patches are working I'm still doing good without anything, cravings are very rare now, got absece on my tooth so not been eating much so hopefully I will lose this week x x

Hi Sarah (and Lottie)

Good girls...you're both doing so incredibly well :0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:

Hi Sarah glad ur lower patches are working I'm still doing good without anything, cravings are very rare now, got absece on my tooth so not been eating much so hopefully I will lose this week x x

Hi Lottie

Well done you that is incredible..... no patches at all and dieting you are a true star keep it up chick xxx

Wednesday EE

Cup of Tea (0.5)

B - Ham and Fruit

L - Veg Chilli and Rice, Water, Fruit Salad

S - Cherries, plums, ham, banana, diet coke, packet of snack a jack curls (4.5)

D - Chicken, Pitta, Salad, Mayo with nando's hot sauce (2.5)

S - cup of tea (0.5) little bag of buttons (4.0)

TOTAL - 12 syns

No Fags x x x

Have been shopping tonight for more wedding gear for Saturday have a new bag and fascinator and two lovely blisters!!!

Am hoping next week will be quieter so I can start a routine with the gym etc x x Hopefully get those extra pounds off before the school gate deadline!!

We are on holiday for a week at the end of august but have decided not to go away as pennies are quite tight. This is great news for the diet as I dont think I could of maintained SW whilst camping .... it would have been to easy to stray off the mark x

I went cold turkey too Lottie. I had tried patches, lozenges, fake fags, pastilles - you name it, but I always ended up starting again.

In the end I decided cold turkey was the only way and so I just stopped dead. Christ it was awful for 10 days or so, but it did have it's advantages.... I was going through a rather acrimonious split with my then long-term boyfriend and I was so horrible he actually left! I'd been trying to get him out of my flat for 2 years to no avial so I suppose that was a plus :8855::8855::8855:

Good on ya Sarah - keep on quitting and dieting and inspiring me :D :D :D

I went cold turkey too Lottie. I had tried patches, lozenges, fake fags, pastilles - you name it, but I always ended up starting again.

In the end I decided cold turkey was the only way and so I just stopped dead. Christ it was awful for 10 days or so, but it did have it's advantages.... I was going through a rather acrimonious split with my then long-term boyfriend and I was so horrible he actually left! I'd been trying to get him out of my flat for 2 years to no avial so I suppose that was a plus :8855::8855::8855:

Good on ya Sarah - keep on quitting and dieting and inspiring me :D :D :D

Hiya Annya

Great to hear from you chick... thats for the encouragement, I have noticed a bit of a downward turn going onto the smaller patch but I am hanging in there! Treated myself to a new lipstick for the wedding as a bit of a treat.... think it might be a bit bright but hay ho!!!
Hope you have had a great day, going over to check your diary now ......:D:D

Annya well done u I di feel much beta since stoping n my astma is much beta n I'm enjoying saving the pennies, I am due to get married September next year but have now brought it forward to June x x

Back