1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Syn free sausages?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by MrsB, 15 March 2011 Social URL.

1. MrsB

MrsB Team FFF!!!

Slimming world
    Really sorry I'm sure this is probably on here already but I've searched and can't see it:eek:

Can anyone tell me which supermarket sausages are sin free please? I'm desperate to make the scotch eggs lol:D

Thank you
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Slimming World
    Mrs B, the only syn-free bangers are the quorn ones I believe. You can get others for 1/2 (Morrisons Eat Smart or new 8-pk ~Weight Watchers) or 1 syn (Tesco).
    However, you mentioned scotch eggs - I did a search on the recipe thread and found this from a kind poster - hope it helps:

Mech’s Scotch Eggs (Ideal for green days)

5 Eggs
    Sun Grown-Mediterranean Style Couscous (tesco’s) ½ syn per pack
    4 Quorn Sausages (any)
    Fry Light

Fry the quorn sausage using fry light, let them cool then mash them up into sausage meat (i use a blender for this)
    Take 4 eggs and boil for 5 mins or till hard boiled
    prepare the couscous (simply add hot water)

Now add the quorn sausage meat and couscous using a fork and mash together, add an egg and whisk in with the fork, again mash these together for a nice consistency.
    Frylight a baking tray. Carefully cut the 4 eggs into halves and then cover each piece with the mixture, no need to go daft here just a nice layer to cover all the egg. Place on the baking tray, bung em in the oven at around 180/200 and cook until golden brown, turning once while browning.
  4. MrsB

MrsB Team FFF!!!

Slimming world
    Thanks so much, I've just made some using plain cous cous, I did some exactly as above and some rolled in dry cous cous before cooking to make it a bit crunchier. They are so yummy.
    Scotch egg, roasted veg and beans for tea tomorrow! :)
  5. FatTony

FatTony Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimmers World
    Last edited: 15 March 2011
  6. MrsB

MrsB Team FFF!!!

Slimming world
    Thanks Tony :) 1/2 syn for sausages isn't bad :D
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.