Syn free sausages?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by MrsB, 15 March 2011 Social URL.

1. MrsB

MrsB Team FFF!!!

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Really sorry I'm sure this is probably on here already but I've searched and can't see it:eek:

Can anyone tell me which supermarket sausages are sin free please? I'm desperate to make the scotch eggs lol:D

Thank you

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Mrs B, the only syn-free bangers are the quorn ones I believe. You can get others for 1/2 (Morrisons Eat Smart or new 8-pk ~Weight Watchers) or 1 syn (Tesco).
    However, you mentioned scotch eggs - I did a search on the recipe thread and found this from a kind poster - hope it helps:

Mech’s Scotch Eggs (Ideal for green days)
    Ingredients

5 Eggs
    Sun Grown-Mediterranean Style Couscous (tesco’s) ½ syn per pack
    4 Quorn Sausages (any)
    Fry Light

Preparation
    Fry the quorn sausage using fry light, let them cool then mash them up into sausage meat (i use a blender for this)
    Take 4 eggs and boil for 5 mins or till hard boiled
    prepare the couscous (simply add hot water)

Now add the quorn sausage meat and couscous using a fork and mash together, add an egg and whisk in with the fork, again mash these together for a nice consistency.
    Frylight a baking tray. Carefully cut the 4 eggs into halves and then cover each piece with the mixture, no need to go daft here just a nice layer to cover all the egg. Place on the baking tray, bung em in the oven at around 180/200 and cook until golden brown, turning once while browning.

4. MrsB

MrsB Team FFF!!!

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks so much, I've just made some using plain cous cous, I did some exactly as above and some rolled in dry cous cous before cooking to make it a bit crunchier. They are so yummy.
    Scotch egg, roasted veg and beans for tea tomorrow! :)

5. FatTony

FatTony Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.16%)
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    Last edited: 15 March 2011
  6. MrsB

MrsB Team FFF!!!

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks Tony :) 1/2 syn for sausages isn't bad :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.