Syn free sausages?

MrsB

Team FFF!!!
Really sorry I'm sure this is probably on here already but I've searched and can't see it:eek:

Can anyone tell me which supermarket sausages are sin free please? I'm desperate to make the scotch eggs lol:D

Thank you

Mrs B, the only syn-free bangers are the quorn ones I believe. You can get others for 1/2 (Morrisons Eat Smart or new 8-pk ~Weight Watchers) or 1 syn (Tesco).
However, you mentioned scotch eggs - I did a search on the recipe thread and found this from a kind poster - hope it helps:

Mech’s Scotch Eggs (Ideal for green days)
Ingredients

5 Eggs
Sun Grown-Mediterranean Style Couscous (tesco’s) ½ syn per pack
4 Quorn Sausages (any)
Fry Light

Preparation
Fry the quorn sausage using fry light, let them cool then mash them up into sausage meat (i use a blender for this)
Take 4 eggs and boil for 5 mins or till hard boiled
prepare the couscous (simply add hot water)

Now add the quorn sausage meat and couscous using a fork and mash together, add an egg and whisk in with the fork, again mash these together for a nice consistency.
Frylight a baking tray. Carefully cut the 4 eggs into halves and then cover each piece with the mixture, no need to go daft here just a nice layer to cover all the egg. Place on the baking tray, bung em in the oven at around 180/200 and cook until golden brown, turning once while browning.

Thanks so much, I've just made some using plain cous cous, I did some exactly as above and some rolled in dry cous cous before cooking to make it a bit crunchier. They are so yummy.
Scotch egg, roasted veg and beans for tea tomorrow! :)

Last edited:
Thanks Tony :) 1/2 syn for sausages isn't bad :D

Back