Syn usage

Rajwinder

I've been following the plan to a t for the last 2 weeks. The first week only lost 1lb :( this week i STS.

I write down everything i eat. I check everything on the syn calculator before eating it. I have about 7 syns a day.

I am thinking of going syn free this week. Has anyone tried this?

Any help would be appreciated!

P.s i exercise as well. i do between 4-5 45 minute classes a week (in my lunch hour). Its the only time i can exercise.

Ok maybe i will do the opposite then and have 15 syns! I was really disappointed in the first week as i have just over 2 stones to lose so was expecting more than a 1lb loss!

I would use your syn allowance but to be honest I would really ensure you are haing 1/3 of your plate superfree. I upped my superfree and free foods last week after a paltry 0.5 loss on my 1st week. I upped my veg , fruit and had lots of super speed fruit. I lost 2.5lbs this week.

Is the exercise a new thing? Introducing or increasing your exercise level can result in fluid retention as the muscles retain fluid to repair. So make sure you are drinking enough water. Other than that I agree with the others that you may not be eating enough :)

You def need to eat your syns, especially if exercising, when I got closer to target I reduced my syns (subconsciously to be honest) and stopped loosing, I got really upset thinking I'd never be able to maintain and my consultant suggested I have more syns as I was quite ''active'' I didn't think I was overly active as at the time I was only walking to and from places, but I upped my syns and started to see losses. So any activity does count.

Is the exercise a new thing? Introducing or increasing your exercise level can result in fluid retention as the muscles retain fluid to repair. So make sure you are drinking enough water. Other than that I agree with the others that you may not be eating enough :)

No its not, i have been exercising for a few years. I drink about 2.5l of water a day. Thats not including the half a litre i drink during my workout :)

You def need to eat your syns, especially if exercising, when I got closer to target I reduced my syns (subconsciously to be honest) and stopped loosing, I got really upset thinking I'd never be able to maintain and my consultant suggested I have more syns as I was quite ''active'' I didn't think I was overly active as at the time I was only walking to and from places, but I upped my syns and started to see losses. So any activity does count.

Thanks for that info. Will start having more syns :)

I'm just finishing my 3rd week on EE. The first week I had between 9-13 syns everyday and lost 1.7kg, the last two weeks I have had less syns and lost 0.5 kg. I also eat lots of fruit and veg and have stuck rigidly to the plan so maybe it is the syns thing?

Crazyfool- i do eat a lot of fruit and veg everyday so its not that.

Hi Rajwinder,
I am just starting off on slimming world journey too, one of the tips i got at my meeting this week , is to make sure , like really really make sure that 1/3 of your plate is superfree, i thought i was but when I really examined my meals i realised it wasnt 1/3. Fruit /veg etc between meals count seperately. to count as part of your 1/3 superfree it must be eaten directly before , during or directly after.
Anyway just thought i'd share in case this helps as I was disappointed with my 1 1/2lb loss this week when I felt I'd been 100% but turns out I wasnt

Kefa- lets see how next week goes. Bit disheartened tbh. Will have to find some tasty syns!

Anya- thank you. I do that. My meals are usually half veg!

I used up most of my syns yesterday (14) and i put on 1lb! Help me!

I am following the plan to the T so i dont understand why in 3 weeks i have stayed the same!

:(

Unless it is your official weigh in day then what the scales say us completely meaningless and inaccurate. Also just wanted to say that it is possible to eat too much superfree. If your calorie intake is too low then you may struggle to lose weight. If you are exercising then you need to eat back some of the calories you are burning off so that's why free foods are important. Sometimes you just need to work at the balance between free and superfree right xx

I used up most of my syns yesterday (14) and i put on 1lb! Help me!

I am following the plan to the T so i dont understand why in 3 weeks i have stayed the same!

:(

Is that your official weekly WI or are you weighing daily.

you won't have put on a lb because you had 14 syns one day!

You need to try the plan and however many syns for a week to see how it really effects you. Have you got a food diary we could look at so we can advise you more.

Back