Syns - How many a day do you have??

Lucylu79

Gold Member
Thanks to the support on here I have realised that I haven't been using my syns correctly.

I weigh in on a wed's and I never realised that saving and using all my syns for the weekend every week wasn't really recommended.

I have adopted a whole new syn routine this week and have followed it so far, I was just wondering though, how many syns do other's tend to have??

I always thought it should depend on how much you've got to loose, i've never actually discussed it with my consultant.

Anyone stick to an exact amount every day and find it works for them??

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon.

x-x-x-x-x

i have 15 syns everyday, chocolate of some form and a bag of crisps and theres still 2 left for my nightly hot choc. i would definitly feel deprived if i didn't do this, and with all those syns theres really no need to :)

All 15, I'm breastfeeding so it's recommended to have them all. When I stop breastfeeding I'm going to see how it goes with 15 a day, if I don't lose much each week I will drop it to 10 for a few weeks to see if that makes a difference.

It depends. Mostly I use them for butter, or mayo or something, or perhaps a sausage....God I love sausages haha....

Some days I could use the full 15, or even 16, but other days I might only use 8.

I always have at least six, as I have extra breakfast cereal in the mornings. I spend the rest mostly as part of my dinner - things like olive oil, ketchup, cheese, cheeky glass of wine - so depends what I've planned :)

I very rarely use any, and seem to be getting mixed signals.
Slimming world online doesn't really tell you whether you need to use them or not.
I am on extra easy and finding it easy although feel like i should be losing weight quicker than i am so not sure if its because i am not using my syns but then i feel like i would be eating too much if i had all y syns. Amy tips please would be most appreciated
x

I very rarely use any, and seem to be getting mixed signals.
Slimming world online doesn't really tell you whether you need to use them or not.

Yes, it does :) One of the basics of the plan is to eat 5-15 syns a day. You should definitely have them - they stop you feeling deprived, keep you on track and I'm sure that having a 'little of what you fancy' keeps the metabolism firing.

I try to aim for 15 as I'm breastfeeding, but I also have to fit in 6 HEX'S and its a bit of a struggle to eat that much!

Today I used 1 syn for gravy, and 12 on a Dairy Milk (had to be done!!)

I upped my syns last week and had a nice 2lb loss. I aim to have at least 12. Yum!

Thanks for sharing this, i had a feeling that i wasn't eating enough but as i wasn't hungry i didnt have the syns.

I have decided to start eating some and see if it makes a difference
x

Yes, it does :) One of the basics of the plan is to eat 5-15 syns a day. You should definitely have them - they stop you feeling deprived, keep you on track and I'm sure that having a 'little of what you fancy' keeps the metabolism firing.

thanks, i was beginning to wonder about the syn thing.
As i don't go to groups don't get a chance to discuss where i am going wrong and online doesn't seem to say much about it,

Its going to be fun trying to find my 5 to 15 syns each day
x

I try to aim for 15 as I'm breastfeeding, but I also have to fit in 6 HEX'S and its a bit of a struggle to eat that much!

Hi Lexi-dog,
congrats on being a mummy x
thanks i will start to have some syns and hope for a better loss x

I usually eat all of mine and I find my losses are better when I do. I had 15 most days this week and lost 4lb - what's the point in depriving yourself?

Lexie_dog said:

Glad it's not just me who struggles to eat all the extra hexs!!

Back