t2g's next step on weight loss journey...

There's something about where boys store their fat compared to girls, and it's easier for it to come off, damn them. We only keep then around to cut the grass.

LOL reminds me of the very old joke about women needing men because cucumbers can't mow grass ..... ;)

P x

hee hee Pauline i am so glad to have you on these boards cos I would have missed you lots :D

Last edited:
Paulinegin said:
LOL reminds me of the very old joke about women needing men because cucumbers can't mow grass ..... ;)

P x

Lol

I don't even know where to start with today! Kinda lost track! Anyway, up day finished, down tomorrow. Hope I do it ok! Never got a run today, knee seems a bit dodgy today. Woke up with it, hasn't shifted. It's not sore on impact but don't wanna risk it! X

So yesterday was another up. Down today, going to fast as long as I can. Going to have my protein shake, 193 calories. I know it is high in calories for one thing but it has a lot if goodness in it. I am not sure what else I will do. I an now 7lbs which is painful as it takes me out of "overweight" BMI and into obese again. I know I haven't actually gained 7lbs of course. I did today notice how much smaller my waist is looking! Really need to get back into 30 day shred, why can't I? Weird when I have been reading how successful it is!

Mon:186 (wi)
Tues: 191 (+5lbs post up)
Wednesday: 193 (+2 post)

My up day wasn't a very healthy one, that's ok though, was for a birthday. Tomorrow isn't going to be a healthy one either, daughter wants to go to pizza hut for her birthday I have a bit of a sore stomach today, trapped wind I think. Need to try run tonight since I never manages yesterday. Knee seems a bit better today!

Have a nice day everyone x

Hey Time2Go you have done so fantastically well so far. Very inspirational and I wouldn't worry about healthy, what does a UP healthy day looks like? This was mine yesterday
chocolate, mayo, cheese, bread, olive oil, does it look healthy? don't think so but why do we think these foods are not healthy? because we were led to believe so it has been drummed into us for so long that we are now taking it as law. I and millions others have struggled all our lives to make this healthy lark work and we failed over and over again and again. It makes me wonder why is that? if its meant to be good and its the way forward why so many struggle to grasp it? So I am starting to think that they have it all wrong. When men was created he had to eat when he could find food and this meant eat till stuffed stage when he had the food in front of him then starve until he found the next meal. I struggled to have breakfast all my life but I forced myself to eat it because I was told it was the most important meal of the day, Pauline said it beautifully the other *I am going to listen to my body for a change* and that's what I intend to do. So enjoy your UP's guilt free.
ps sorry for the soap box speech :D

passionflower said:
Hey Time2Go you have done so fantastically well so far. Very inspirational and I wouldn't worry about healthy, what does a UP healthy day looks like? This was mine yesterday
chocolate, mayo, cheese, bread, olive oil, does it look healthy? don't think so but why do we think these foods are not healthy? because we were led to believe so it has been drummed into us for so long that we are now taking it as law. I and millions others have struggled all our lives to make this healthy lark work and we failed over and over again and again. It makes me wonder why is that? if its meant to be good and its the way forward why so many struggle to grasp it? So I am starting to think that they have it all wrong. When men was created he had to eat when he could find food and this meant eat till stuffed stage when he had the food in front of him then starve until he found the next meal. I struggled to have breakfast all my life but I forced myself to eat it because I was told it was the most important meal of the day, Pauline said it beautifully the other *I am going to listen to my body for a change* and that's what I intend to do. So enjoy your UP's guilt free.
ps sorry for the soap box speech :D

Thank you :) how kind, Nd I love speeches of any variety so u carry on!

My mum ended up taking my girls out for lunch today when it came to her attention that I have neither much shopping or money. Was very kind of her. She ordered whilst I was at toilet with girls, and ordered me a mixed sandwich selection! Oh no. I have counted it on mfp and it is within my calorie limit for dd but.now I am hungry n no calories left.... And I intend to run tonight and like to have my protein shake after n have no calories for that either... No drama really except I am sooo hungry!

Aww no that's not fun, sorry you're feeling hungry. Try and distract yourself tomorrow is not that far away. xx

T2G, I'm on my third cup of herbal tea and it is helping to take the edge off my hunger. Plus, I'm peeing all my fat cells out (well, that's how I like to see it! ;))

P x

Hi time2go, hope u don't mind me joining in with this thread, 6.5 miles is amazing!! Have done the cto5k before but could never make it further than 5k!

Just wondered where u get your protein shakes from as heard they're v good post exercise, and do they taste nice?!

Paulinegin said:
T2G, I'm on my third cup of herbal tea and it is helping to take the edge off my hunger. Plus, I'm peeing all my fat cells out (well, that's how I like to see it! ;))

P x

I need to get some, I never remember!

twinklyjojo said:
Hi time2go, hope u don't mind me joining in with this thread, 6.5 miles is amazing!! Have done the cto5k before but could never make it further than 5k!

Just wondered where u get your protein shakes from as heard they're v good post exercise, and do they taste nice?!

If you are interested in increasing ur distance I would recommended a "bridge to 10k" programme. I used zero to 10k and jumped to week 4. Got to week 8 and just done my own thing.

I use the "usn ultra lean" from Holland and barret. It's 193 calories. I get the strawberry and find it so tasty. Really think and.creamy too! You can also get chocolate which is also meant to b nice! I was told to drink one within half an hour of running. I dunno if it is true or not but I always recovered well from a run and have never felt sore the next day! Even after my 6.5 miles! I've decided to take today off too just to ensure knee is alright but I am.hating it! I am so determined to do 3 runs a week but not gonna manage this week :-( x

Thanks that sounds good, I'll prob need to start couch to 5k again somewhere in the middle as at moment can prob manage 20 min of running max. Will try and get back up to 5k then look at the 10k!

Protein drinks sound lovely will check them out xx

twinklyjojo said:
Thanks that sounds good, I'll prob need to start couch to 5k again somewhere in the middle as at moment can prob manage 20 min of running max. Will try and get back up to 5k then look at the 10k!

Protein drinks sound lovely will check them out xx

If u can run about 20 minutes obeys start with the zero to 10k app! Honestly, u can do it! X

I canny seem to come down, Wednesday was meant to b down, it wasn't! Last till about 6.30 n then lost it! Just fed up! Annoying lasting all day n then it's gone! Daughters birthday yesterday, had pizza hut but then no dinner. And managed s run. It all helps!

Mon:186 (wi)
Tues: 191 (+5lbs post up)
Wednesday: 193 (+2 post)
Thursday: no weigh in....
Friday: 191lbs (-2lbs after another 2 ups)

I'm 5lbs up from official weigh in, gonna try hard with a down day today lol got cinema for daughters birthday, not sure how she ended up with 3 day celebrations lucky thing! I know this diet works, I just don't know why I cannot stick to it.

Anyway, didn't mean to go awol yesterday. Enjoy your day everyone! X

Good luck with your down day, T2G! Hopefully the cinema snack prices will be a great ally :D

What film are you going to see?

P x

Thank you :) I've decided (in the last 10minutes) that om going to calorie count for a week or two; to try rein myself in a bit. Get some control again.... X

I think that's wise I know it still puts a bit of pressure but the book does say that on your UP days you should choose wisely.

Good luck time2go, I think it does take some getting used to! I blew it yesterday, was on an up day but really did go a bit mad. But have been advised it will settle down once my body gets used to it so don't give up completely xx

Ps am going to download the 10k app, oooer!!

twinklyjojo said:
Good luck time2go, I think it does take some getting used to! I blew it yesterday, was on an up day but really did go a bit mad. But have been advised it will settle down once my body gets used to it so don't give up completely xx

Ps am going to download the 10k app, oooer!!

Did u download it?

I'm having ANOTHER start tomorrow :-/ all these false starts must lead to an actual start!! 2 weeks yesterday to my 10k race n sponsors have started coming in so eyes on me now! Losing a few lbs can only help! I can feel the weight I've put on!

So, here is to tomorrow's down day!! X

Back