T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

Thanks! I've got my 121 with my manager this afternoon, so that sets it up to be a better day already!

6.30!? You're a better person than me. I studiously ignored my alarm until 7.10, at which point I ran out of bed and hid under a hot shower until I felt vaguely human.

That recipe looks amazing! I've not cooked with the Alpro milk at all - does it behave in the same way? Might have to give it a go!

I didn't actually get up at 6:30! hahaha!

I'm not sure whether it would work, but the recipe hasn't got lots of expensive ingredients so I might give it a bash at some point next week and report back - For Science!

Morning! Happy hump day. We came joint first in the pub quiz (yay), but lost the tie break question (boo). Silver lining though, the jackpot prize rolled over again!

EE day today! Haven't weighed out the fish in the chowder, so easier to stick with EE for now.

B - blueberries, raspberries and banana with fat free natural yogurt.

S - carrots and sugar snap peas.

L- the last of the chowder! Peach and plum. Free coconut and pineapple yogurt.

S- HEXB toast with marmite and quark

D - mushroom risotto, served with red cabbage. Using my HEXA for parmesan.

Last edited:
So - we're fast approaching that most wonder(fully fattening) time of year! Christmas itself isn't so much of an issue; it's just me and the OH (although his daughter is making noise about flying over from Zimbabwe..) - so we'll probably be eating pretty much the same as normal.

No, what I'm concerned about is the dreaded team meal. As much as I love my colleagues, I do slightly resent spending even more of my time with them... and I'm getting panicky about what to have to eat!

We're going to Pitcher and Piano (be still my beating heart). Being pescetarian helps as it really limits my options! I've already decided to give dessert a miss, I don't have too much of a sweet tooth anyway. However, would appreciate thoughts on which starter and main to go for!

Starter:
1.Sweet potato and carrot soup. Chestnut puree and crusty bread
OR
2. Goat's cheese and red pesto tart
OR
3. smoked haddock, with mustard crushed new potatoes and a poached egg.

Main course:
1. Salmon fillet, sweet potato fondant :)D) and mussel beurre blanc.
OR
2. roast mushroom, red onion and camembert wellington.

AVOID THE PASTRY!

SO many syns - although I love it wildly.

I'd have 3) for the starter ...or maybe the soup...it'll fill you up nicely and you can either tweak B the bread or not have it. and 1) for the main - you could always request not to have the potato fondant and have new potatoes or veggies?

Have to admit, I am debating being really good for the rest of that week, but still having the fondant sweet potato!

Forgot to add the 1.5 syns for the chowder.

Apple Betty's in the oven and smelling lovely!

Going to make up the pasta from last night into a bake tomorrow. I'll use my cheese on the top for my HEXA, but I know that it will be way more than just 2 portions. How do people work it out when there are going to be extras? Syn it, or carry it over to use as HEXA for the following day?

Will be having an alpro after my risotto (5.5)

Total syns for the day: 7

Last edited:
Have to admit, I am debating being really good for the rest of that week, but still having the fondant sweet potato!

Forgot to add the 1.5 syns for the chowder.

Apple Betty's in the oven and smelling lovely!

Going to make up the pasta from last night into a bake tomorrow. I'll use my cheese on the top for my HEXA, but I know that it will be way more than just 2 portions. How do people work it out when there are going to be extras? Syn it, or carry it over to use as HEXA for the following day?

I usually syn mine, they don't recommend carrying it over but it's up to you if you want to tweek:)

I've syned in the past, so will carry on doing so I think! I do know it sometimes means that I'm under my HEXA for one day though. I suppose getting the majority of it is better than not.

Sure is :)
Plus healthy extra's are only to make sure you're getting enough calcium/fibre... you don't have to have them every day if you don't feel like it :)

Morning! Creeping closer to the weekend - slowly but surely. Must remember it's dress down at work tomorrow - hate turning up in work wear when everyone else is in jeans!

Weigh in day and I'm looking forward to seeing people at group. Feeling confident-ish, but if I have STS or even had a small gain, I really don't mind after my birthday antics!

B - banana, raspberries and blueberries with fat free natural yogurt.

S - carrots and sugar snap peas

L - HUGE salad (it needed using!) with a poached salmon fillet - I may add a jacket and eat less of the salad, depending on how hungry I am come lunch time (considering the evil scheduling people have me on 12 o'clock lunches, it's not likely that I will be)

S - HEXB toast - probably after the gym before I head off to group. With quark, marmite and quorn slices.

D - pasta and meatballs turned into pasta bake with my HEXA cheese. 5.5 syns for an alpro. Will work some more in throughout the day.

Oh and probably a syn or 2 to try the Apple Betty!

Well done :)

Thank you!

Hurrah, it's finally Friday! Let's get this work thing out of the way.

B - banana, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries with fat free natural yogurt.

S - carrots and sugar snap peas

L - left over pasta bake (3 syns for the cheese) with some low low cheddar spread (part HEXA)

S - HEXB toast with remainder of my HEXA cheese and marmite.

D - not decided yet. Probably fish and roast veg. I know if will feature red cabbage, because it needs to be eaten!

Back