T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

So today I did 11k steps without even leaving the house! Bit of a lazy day, urm... recovering... from rugby presentation night yesterday. It got messy! But then got myself in gear, and did a few Get Fit with Rick videos, and half an hour of standing pilates.

Scales were up slightly yesterday. But I expected that, having increased the exercise a lot again. I'm sure it will level off soon.

Going to batch cook some veggie mince this evening, so I have something ready to go for meals for the next few days.

Mixed things up and had scrambled eggs for breakfast, instead of fruit and yogurt. Lots of research around at the moment about sweet vs savoury breakfasts, which has been making me think!

I have dance tonight, and then planning to do some Get Fit with Rick when I get home. I signed up for a 12 day challenge. But seeing as I'd already worked out yesterday, I didn't do the specified routine. I'll probably do both tonight.

Things all up in the air with work and funding at the moment. I think my secondment will stand (I'm maternity cover for a year), but it's not nice for the team I've been managing.

Well, I must be doing something right, as I've been asked to act as Project Manager on another ongoing project. The stakeholder do have their own PM, but having seen his idea of a project plan yesterday, I can totally understand why I've been asked to come on board. It's actually really nice being busy, and having to prioritise workload again. I'm learning so much and just feeling challenged has been a confidence boost.

I've added GFWR videos almost daily. I was a bit annoyed on Sunday, when OH was meant to be out with his work lot, but decided not to go. I went for a swim instead, and I still managed 10k steps. The best thing is not needing much space, so I can do them in the bedroom if he's in the living room (not ideal, but still works!)

Week four of this dance - Footloose - which has been brilliant fun. Means I also have my "extra" class booked for Saturday morning. I'm not pushing myself to be up early at the moment, but making sure I get my steps in, and swimming more frequently is definitely helping.

I've been a bit slack in terms of actually planning meals, but on the whole eating well. Just need to stop the afternoon fridge trips. Perhaps I should work from the office more often?! It helps that I've found a good "short loop" to walk when it's darker after work at the moment. I can't wait for lighter evenings!

Great news on your job - well done. And well done on getting those steps in, too

Thanks Ali.

Feeling a bit frustrated with the scales. I seem to be stuck around the 182lbs mark. I know there are changes needed, but it never quite seems the right time. I know that this weekend will mean beer (6 Nations, drinking with the boys is not the time to stick to white spirits!)

Just annoying, as I know I've upped the exercise. I probably need to get back into a better routine of measuring, as clothes are definitely fitting differently. I saw a photo from a year ago, and was quite shocked by the difference in my face (in a good way!)

Made a delicious beetroot, sweet potato and ginger soup last night. Had it with air fried salmon, and added some spinach. Meals in themselves are good, it's the snacking I need to work on. Especially when I'm working from home and it's just too easy!

Had a lovely flying visit to London - wish we could have stayed longer, but had to be back Saturday evening, as OH was working yesterday. Food choices are between okay and brilliant, but with a lot going on at the moment, I'm focussing on the exercise side of things, and making good choices where I can. Okay... so pints probably weren't the best choice...

Lots of walking over the weekend, which was a good thing. Dance class tonight - I was so tired this morning, I didn't get up to exercise before work. But OH is working close tonight, so I think I'll come home after dance, and make sure I get steps in.

Good determination, Tranquility. Glad you enjoyed London.

Dance was good last night, and then got up and did a couple of Get Fit With Rick workouts this morning. We're out with OH's family for dinner tonight (which has been a nightmare with plans changing, but I think we're sorted with where we're going now!)

Zumba isn't on tomorrow, but still have Pilates, and I've booked dance on Thursday. Lots of busy evenings for me!

Such a lovely weekend: partner's eldest was down to watch the rugby with us. It was our first session back at walking rugby, so he came along to that as well. Great to be back, and even better that it didn't rain! We don't get to see him often, so it was really nice to spend the weekend together.

Dance last night was fun as always. And then had a sports massage from my pilates instructor this evening. Works wonders on my shoulders, back and hips. Will definitely be booking in with her again. And then have pilates and zumba tomorrow!

Back