T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

Yup, training cancelled :-( Will try and get my challenge workouts in, but back to the usual challenge of OH and I being in the same space. Gym it is, I guess. I could do with getting some fresh air anyway.

Had one of those annoying "wanting to snack" days again, so food hasn't been brilliant. But lunch was good, and a nice dinner of avocado baked egg and air fryer Asian salmon planned for later. I'll stir fry some veggies to go with it as well.

Brilliant pilates class - surprised myself, as it's a while since I've done one. But instructor thinks if I carry on going, I'll get my standing split back within a few months. woohoo. So good to find a decent instructor, AND included in my bargain gym membership!

Quick nip around the shop, now home and time to do one of my challenge workouts, and maybe a quick HIIT if I feel up to it afterwards.

Dinner is going to be mashed avocado, with a homemade (sort of salsa), smoked salmon and some feta, on Ryvita. I don't want a lot, but I know I'll be ravenous in the morning if I don't have anything. And I've got a cheeky white wine spritzer in a can to have as well.

Lovely 40 minute swim this morning. Then breakfast of scrambled eggs, with the leftover avocado and salsa mix from last night. SO FULL!

Will have some fruit and yoghurt later this morning. Lunch will be stir fried veggies and salmon. Then probably just a snacky dinner, if I eat anything. Dance class is later tonight, so it's quite often far too late to eat by the time I get home. I'll add in snacks during the day if I feel like I want them.

Air fried a salmon fillet and had some stir fried veggies for lunch yesterday. Quite like having a bigger lunch if I know I'm out in the evening.

Really fun dance class, but traffic was a nightmare. It was late by the time I got back into town. Watched the end of the rugby, and me and OH had a few drinks.

Slept in for a bit this morning. OH is working the close, but I'm going to stay in tonight. Get some workouts done, and probably go for a wander to get my steps in. Not sure if we'll have rugby training in the morning, numbers are looking low.

Work was pretty stressful today, but worth it. Never again will I agree a go-live date for a new project when I'm the only manager in!
BUT the team were amazing.

Watched the rugby when I finished, then went for a walk to get my steps in. I was going to work out, but realised I actually really needed an evening of nothing. So I made roast veg with baked gnocchi and snuggled under a blanked on the sofa. Bliss! It's going to be tough to get my workouts in for the challenge now, but I did set aside time to look at EmK's YouTube channel, and plan in the workouts for Saturday and Sunday between everything else!

Maintain for me this week, which I thought would probably happen. I've upped exercise, but in the mission to reduce UPFs have also reverted to full fat dairy products. And I know that I've been snacking more. It's not a set back, or anything to worry about; in fact, pleased it's not a gain with all the changes I'm making.

I've only been taking waist measurements, but tempted to start taking others as well.

I've got time to get a workout in before I need to leave for rugby, so off to do that now, as OH is still sleeping (he worked the close last night, and I have a suspicion they stayed for a few drinks afterwards!) Will have to make sure he's awake before I leave, if training is on... he's meant to be on the open today - I do not miss working in that world!

Maintain for me this week, which I thought would probably happen. I've upped exercise, but in the mission to reduce UPFs have also reverted to full fat dairy products. And I know that I've been snacking more. It's not a set back, or anything to worry about; in fact, pleased it's not a gain with all the changes I'm making.

I've only been taking waist measurements, but tempted to start taking others as well.

I've got time to get a workout in before I need to leave for rugby, so off to do that now, as OH is still sleeping (he worked the close last night, and I have a suspicion they stayed for a few drinks afterwards!) Will have to make sure he's awake before I leave, if training is on... he's meant to be on the open today - I do not miss working in that world!
Have a good day!

Lovely day yesterday, and thankfully head isn't too bad this morning! Heading into town for 12ish to meet my mate ahead of the Superhero Dash. Shame the weather isn't brilliant, but never mind.

Didn't eat yesterday evening, and there was definitely too much alcohol involved. For some reason, I also got chocolate. Sure, it was nice, and I ate it. But won't be rushing to buy more. (Thank you Trevor!)

Breakfast this morning - scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, spinach and some crispy air fried gnocchi.

Brilliantly run event yesterday, and had a giggle dressing up as well. We fast walked, and ran a bit. Too many drinks afterwards (yes, yes... bit of a theme!) And a vegan burger from Burger King (not as bad as I thought it might be, and I needed to eat something before heading to the pub!

No swim this morning - decided more than 3 hours sleep was more important!

Dance tonight anyway - first week of a new routine.

Banana with crème fraiche, chopped nuts and a drizzle of peanut butter for breakfast.

40 minute swim this morning before work. Then porridge with fruit and nuts for breakfast.

Got my first full session of Welsh course today. Wish I wasn't feel quite so tired!

Rugby tonight, and we have a tour meeting afterwards, so likely to be quite late back. Will have to have a reasonable lunch. Need to book pilates and zumba for tomorrow as well; amazes me that they still don't have any form of online booking system. I've pinched or trapped something in the shoulder, so hoping instructor can have a quick look.

Just back from rugby and meeting. Hungry, so whipping up some buckwheat pasta, with broccoli, green beans and tuna in a tomato and chili sauce. Won't eat much, but I need to have something. Trains were a nightmare, so one of the guys kindly dropped me nearer to town to get the bus. Except that didn't turn up, and the kids hanging out at the bus stop were scaring me, so just got an Uber home. Once I get nervous about those situations, I just have to get out of them. Oh well, I had a little wander around Sainsburys whilst I waited anyway

Wednesday - this week seems to be flying by.

Pilates and Zumba tonight, so decided not to swim. There have been murmurings from OH and my mother about not doing too much all at once. So to avoid an argument, not pushing too hard. What they're not seeing is the plateau on the scales, but I have to listen to the people who love and care.

Creme fraiche, banana, blueberries with chopped nuts and a drizzle of peanut butter for breakfast.

Part of me is debating counting calories for a few weeks again to get things moving. But the other part does not want to become a slave to diet head again, and needs to trust in the SlimPod process (and stop snacking on cheese!)

Two really good classes again last night. Then home and a couple of Ryvita and rice cakes with cream cheese, smoked salmon, tomatoes, spring onions and some kholrabi for a snacky dinner.

Up at 6ish this morning to go for a swim, only to be met by the concierge putting up a sign... pool closed, because the filters aren't working. Honestly, if it's not one thing here, it's another - and we pay a small fortune in service and maintenance!

I could have gone back to bed for a couple of hours... I was very tempted. Instead, got changed, and went for a 4.5 mile walk. Apple, cinnamon and raspberry porridge, with almond butter for breakfast. And now logged on for work.

Lunch - buckwheat pasta with tomato sauce, mixed greens and prawns.

Dinner - stir fried veg with air fried tofu.

OH is working the day today, so finishes at 6. Although he'll likely stay in town for a couple of pints. I'm hoping to get a couple of my challenge workouts in, because I'm falling behind a bit with everything else.

We're out for dinner at Six by Nico tomorrow. SUPER excited to try!

Friday morning - my rest day! Lovely to be woken up by the sun this morning.

No breakfast, as didn't feel hungry. But I'll have some fruit and yogurt in a bit.

Got my workouts in last night for the challenge, and will finish off tomorrow/Sunday, as OH is working. Rugby cancelled tomorrow morning, but it does mean I can make dance instead, so have booked in for that.

Had a couple of glasses of wine whilst we watched the rugby yesterday. Cheeky (non veggie) OH took a liking to the tofu, so we had to share that.

And then this morning, tried on a dress I've not work for ages. It's jersey material, so quite clingy. But it looked and felt amazing. Even got a comment from OH, which NEVER happens; so that's outfit sorted for tonight. Just need to work out shoes, but that's not too taxing!

Last edited:
No need to have worried about last weeks maintain: just weighed, with a 7lb loss this morning.

Slight mix up with the booking meant we didn't actually have a table last night. So we went to a different restaurant and had the most incredible meal. Small sharing plates, which were absolutely stunning. Enjoyed every bite, didn't eat too much. Then had a drink in a really cool new wine bar, before meeting some friends to watch the rugby. Lovely evening.

Up early this morning, but no idea why! Off to dance in a couple of hours. No other real plans for the weekend. Will cheer on the runners at the Cardiff Half tomorrow, but other than that, probably a fairly quiet one.

Good day today; dance was a giggle. Then home to chill for the afternoon with OH before he went to work at 6.

Real boost this morning; a lady who's been coming to class for about 12 weeks commented on my weight loss, and said how well I'm looking.

Had some sugar snaps and rice cakes with cream cheese and smoked salmon lunch time. Then really fancied a jacket potato, so had a small-ish one with tuna and cheese, served with garlic beans and tenderstem broccoli. Enjoying a glass of wine and catching up on some TV now.

Also got some more of my challenge workouts in. I was a bit behind last week, so will try and squeeze some in tomorrow as well. We'll go down to watch the marathon for a bit in the morning. OH is working 12 -6, so I think I'll probably meet him after work, and have a couple of drinks with some friends.

Yesterday was actually pretty good food wise, but did have a few drinks. Felt very inspired watching the Half Marathon, and OH and I are looking to sign up to do it next year. I'm also doing another charity walk this Sunday.

Cheese munchies have struck today, but I'm trying to be good. About to warm up a bowl of soup to have for my lunch. And air frying some halloumi.

Dance later, so not sure what or when dinner will be.

Back