tail between legs _ lous new start

Lou*

Silver Member
Hi all I'm restarting Atkins I joined about 6 months ago all went well then the bread found me and I went back on ww. To the same excuses I always had "I have 10 PP left oo I can have this packet if crisps"

I'm back to 15 6!!!!!!! Jeeez am so ashamed!!!

Yes and as I can binge easily 1 packet is never enough!

I loved Atkins last time it fit well with my lifestyle and I love meat

I did look into Dukan but cant face even a week without veg / salad!!

My only concern with Atkins is the frying etc coming from a family of heart disease it worried me a bit ....( I am healthy ) does any one have any tips?

So today has been my first day and to be honest not brilliant! I haven't have carbs but my cupboard could be better along with my 3 meals a day!!

B
Boiled egg

L
Nothing

Tea
Roast chicken and broccolli

So back as of today and 100%

Hi Lou
Welcome back!
I've not been on Atkins long, 2 weeks today, but looking at your menu today I'd say 1) you're not eating nearly enough protein; 2) you're not eating enough fat and; 3) you really do need to eat your 3 meals a day, no skipping. I'm sure the more experienced Atkiners amongst us will confirm this.
The 3 meals need to consist of quite a bit of protein. This will keep the hunger at bay and stop that naughty bread from tempting you back over to the dark side.
I know lunch is probably the easiest meal to try skip if you're on the move but if you do you'll likely be ravenous by the time you get home and that's when the trouble starts.
Other than that it looks good. Oh yes, make sure you drink loads of water or the like.
Good luck. Keep us updated. I know the support is really good on here and seriously helps.

Hi Lou

As per Locket's advice, and read the sticky "So you're thinking of doing Atkins" - it will really help explain how you've got to eat fat to burn fat :)

Here's a two year study showing how Atkins improved cholesterol levels and cardiovascular (heart) health:

http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/...improves-hdl-cardiovascular-health-risks/8686

Obviously there are people who will argue both sides but the cholesterol effect can be easily checked by asking anyone on Atkins who gets theirs tested regularly - and someone posted on the main board about theirs today.

You need to eat fat. It's not a high protein diet, it's a high fat medium protein diet, and if you don't eat enough fat your body won't burn it. Think of it like water retention. When you're retaining water you need to drink more so your body knows there is a good supply and releases what it's holding on to.

Eat lots. Cook with oil and butter and add mayo to salads. Snack on a little cheese. On this diet you need it.

Attachments

• image-1055033687.jpg
    image-1055033687.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 44
Thanks for the replies yes today was a terrible day Lol ill be going to the supermarket tomorrow and stocking up on all the lovelies

And thanks very much for the article very interesting

Ill definatly have a better day tomorrow plenty of water and 3 meals a day! With leafy greens

Thanks for the support and ill re read all the stickies and my books

Listen to ML, she speaks wisdom :)

And as well, do your own research - watch Gary Taubes on YouTubes, ditto the series currently running on BBC2 "The men who made you fat" - and then you get a real sense of what's good for your body and what isn't.

Morning all and thanks for the warm welcome back

Just polished off a 1egg omlette with cheese and broccolli! Was tum! On second cup of green tea and planning a walk this aft and picnic if the weather stays pleasant! Ill be cooking some turkey with leafy greens and Mayo

Then ill be going shopping for lots of aktins friendly foods! Easy week this week as bf is on a late shift so I'm not tempted by his dinners

Hope everyone is well xx

Welcome back and good luck:)

Second day practically done! Been a hard one!! Those craving I forgot how bad they got!! I nearly linched someone for their toast this morn in the playcentre!! Not at all hungry so I know its all habit

B
1egg omlettle with cheese and brocolli

L
Ham and cheese salad (no Tom's or onion )

T
Belly pork with chorizo and watercress yummmm

4pints of water and lots of green tea so defo hit my water limit

That buttery bread smell yummy I just grabbed hold of my spare tire and counted to 10 Lol x

Thanks Hun don't know why I left!! Well I do and its the same everytime!! This time however I'm in for the long slog

So the Atkins flu kicked in today and I couldn't face work so sofa day! And I have been pleased with myself

I walked little en to nursery this morn for some fresh air still feel tired and headachy but am drinking lots of water and green tea!!

Hope everyone is feeling well

i'm thankfull i didn't seem to feel bad starting back,however as the hay fever has kicked in fully now
as the grass is going to seed,i have symptoms that would be like it.
keeping busy is a key for me,i walked loads the other day,i just need to get the wii fit back out,and
start an exercise programme again,easy for me because i work from home.

Yeah the Hayfever is terrible isn't it, it doesn't help!

I'm hoping this passes quickly as I could easily sit on this sofa forever Lol

i'm lucky i can take tabs,some people can't,don't know how they cope.
hope you get over it soon.
xx

Evening all

Had a nap and feeling better! Ive just entered my food into mfp and nearly freaked as I was over in cals by 600!!! but only used 14g carbs today! Here is what I have had in details comments would be very welcome (I know I have had far too many eggs today )

B
Bacon x3 with egg

L
Chicken and egg Mayo salad with watercress and Mayo

S
Atkins bar

T
Homemade chilli and chorizo burger's with salad (watercress) and cheese with a small dollop of extra special coleslow

Does this look ok? Am I eating too much??

Have also drunk plenty of water

It looks fine apart from the Atkins bar (evil ingredients likely to stall most people) and depending on the carb count of the coleslaw.

Over -what- in calories? Most people don't count them, especially in induction. You'll probably need to eat more than what mfp tells you is your 'lose 2lbs a week' level, for example, or you'll never get enough fat in.

It doesn't look like you've eaten too much at all.

Also - no such thing as too many eggs. Since they've been proven not to raise cholesterol there are no recommended dietary restrictions on them.

Back