Take 2! My New IF Journey

Yes it's been lovely here on the coast. I've been gardening and enjoying the weather. Dh spent most of the day in bed tho sleeping off last nights excesses ;) Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler but fingers crossed they have got it wrong.

Yes it's been lovely here on the coast. I've been gardening and enjoying the weather. Dh spent most of the day in bed tho sleeping off last nights excesses ;) Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler but fingers crossed they have got it wrong.

I heard it was going to be cooler but my other half is now telling me its going to be nice? I usually don't like to go places on the Bank Hols as places are usually packed. Plus i'm absolutely skint thanks to being off work sick and dropping down to SSP. Sigh. I'll see what the other half thinks.

I know what you mean about the drop to SSP, makes things so tight. My work "kindly" gave me a lump sum to leave as I have no idea when I'll be fit for work again. Means things are ok for now but is a bit scary looking forward a couple of months with no job and no income xx

Sorry to hear that Frona. I'm on a fixed term contract until end of August this year and so far i've chickened out of asking my boss whether the contract is to be extended. My only attempt was a weak joke i made about all being back to empty my desk at this rate. She didn't reassure me but then she didn't confirm either. Think i'll have to grow a pair and just ask out right as i've no idea when i'll be fit for work again. I've never not worked. Very scary stuff and of course i have to consider that i might not be fit enough to do anything other than part time work which is going to affect me and my partner financially.

Weather forecast was wrong cos we had another scorcher here today. You should be able to get rent rebate and council tax rebate and ESA once your job money ends Frona. If not before.

Thanks Ladybird. Gonna try giving CAB a call tomorrow and see if there's anything else i can claim at the mo.

Another UD for me today and boy does it seem like a long time since i last did a DD. Roll on Wednesday. Mind youi've stuck to the limits as directed by DrJ's website so hopefully there shouldn't be too much damage.

Supposed to be ringing up hospital tomorrow to book my MRI scan but the referral paper he gave me says to wait 2 working days. Now my referral won't have gotten to them until Friday and since they were probably closed today due to Bank Holiday i reckon i should be calling on Wednesday rather than Tuesday. I know 1 day shouldn't make a difference but they don't half get shirty if you call too early.

It was very warm here as long as you were shielded from the wind. My OH decided i needed some fresh air and took me for a very slow walk. I used to walk for miles before i got ill but i managed about 20mins in total and then was too knackered to do anything else! But at least i got some fresh air. Seems like ages since i last got any of that!

Only thing I could apply for just now was ESA. My application was rejected last week as I was found fit for work :eek:

Really hope your going to appeal that Frona.

It's all so scary and apparently they're going to cut another 3 billion from Welfare to ensure they don't cut any further from armed forces and police budgets. This clearly wasn't the right time to get ill! I guess i'll just have to wait and see and possibly look into part time work until i fit enough to work full time again.

So today is another UD but perhaps is going to ID because i am just not hungry at all????? So far today all i've had is a litre of water and nothing else. No idea what's wrong with me. Will have a route around the freezer and get something sorted out for tea. Very strange.

Failed my first DD yesterday. I've had headaches for the last couple of days and was so fed up yesterday. I made it to about 8pm with nothing but then i broke. In the 2 hours between starting to eat and going to bed i managed to get through 1,176 cals! Don't even think i could consider that a ID? Oh well. Going to attempt another DD tomorrow but think i will have some food in order to starve off these headaches. Fingers crossed.

Had to call my Debt management place today and tell them about my drop in wages. Woman was really nice and understanding but it still felt crap. Called the Hospital on Tuesday as instructed to book my MRI scan and the woman told me they'd not yet received my referral and to call back Wednesday. Called Wednesday afternoon to make sure they'd had enough time to receive the referral and the woman told me they'd only just had it and they'd send me an appointment out in the post... Er okay... So why have i had to keep calling then? She also told me it would be a 4 week wait to get an appointment. Fine i'll wait then.

Why does everything take so long.... I know there's people in worse positions than me and they need and obviously should take priority but its still frustrating.

Put the failed DD behind you nothing you can do about it now and it happens to the best of us xx Feel for you about having to wait for appointment. I've got a 4 week wait after treatment ends just to see my consultant and get it confirmed that's me finished. Waiting is a real pain in the butt and can drag you down x :hug99:

Thanks Frona.

It's just been a crappy couple of days.

My wonderful OH managed to cure my persistent headache. He came round this evening and i was complaining about how i could shift this sodding headache and that i'd had it since Tuesday evening, etc. I told him i tried all sorts of painkillers to make it go away. Then he asks me when the last time was that i'd had a cup of coffee. Errr Monday morning at his house. He then suggests i might have caffeine withdrawal. Wasn't 100% sure about this but then i wasn't sure how long it would take for caffeine withdrawal to hit. Anyhoo long story short made myself a nice cup of coffee and hey presto. No headache!!! Why wasn't he here yesterday to advise me on this!

DD take two tomorrow. But just in case i've decided to have some food. Nothing major. Just a banana when i first feel hungry and then later on some weetabix and a few strawberries.

Okay yesterdays UD came in at 1,159 cals and i only managed to eat that much thanks to scoffing 7 jaffa cakes! Wonder if it'll have any impact on the scales tomorrow?

Today is a DD and thanks to a mug of black coffee first thing i'm doing ok. So have decided that maybe i'll stick to my original plan and have nothing to eat at all today.....

Spent ages on the phone today trying to get through to my branch of the CAB but no one was answering the phone and they don't have a queue system or anything like that so just had to keep hanging up and trying again. Did that for ages then gave up, mainly because it was costing me 5p a minute just to hear their automated greeting. Sigh. I'm sure they're very busy with people all confused about the changes in welfare, etc and its all volunteer led so can't complain too much but when you search for the info and under your bit it specificially says "seek advice from us on this matter" its hard not to get frustrated. Anyway no harm done. Will try again Monday :)

Hope you've all been enjoying the sunshine today. It was brief here but lovely when it came :) So much easier to fast than on a cold day. OH is just making chicken curry.... I'm not even a fan of chicken curry but i want it :D Roll on tomorrow.

Okay yesterdays UD came in at 1,159 cals and i only managed to eat that much thanks to scoffing 7 jaffa cakes! Wonder if it'll have any impact on the scales tomorrow?

Today is a DD and thanks to a mug of black coffee first thing i'm doing ok. So have decided that maybe i'll stick to my original plan and have nothing to eat at all today.....

Spent ages on the phone today trying to get through to my branch of the CAB but no one was answering the phone and they don't have a queue system or anything like that so just had to keep hanging up and trying again. Did that for ages then gave up, mainly because it was costing me 5p a minute just to hear their automated greeting. Sigh. I'm sure they're very busy with people all confused about the changes in welfare, etc and its all volunteer led so can't complain too much but when you search for the info and under your bit it specificially says "seek advice from us on this matter" its hard not to get frustrated. Anyway no harm done. Will try again Monday :)

Hope you've all been enjoying the sunshine today. It was brief here but lovely when it came :) So much easier to fast than on a cold day. OH is just making chicken curry.... I'm not even a fan of chicken curry but i want it :D Roll on tomorrow.

Sorry you've been having such a tough time - hope you get some answers soon x

Sorry you've been having such a tough time - hope you get some answers soon x

Thanks hun. Fingers crossed.

Weight day was on Saturday and i shifted a mere 1/2 a pound. Was hoping for at least 1lb off. Saturday's weigh in signaled the completion of my first month on here. In this month i've lost 6lbs and 1/2 inch off my waist, 1/2 off my butt and 1 off my thighs. I was hoping for more in terms of inch loss but a loss is a loss. Let's see what month 2 brings. I may change my eating style slightly and go for a 24hr fast. So stop eating at 7pm tomorrow and start eating again at 7pm Tuesday? It might break the days up better. I'll give it a try for a week.

Thanks hun. Fingers crossed.

Weight day was on Saturday and i shifted a mere 1/2 a pound. Was hoping for at least 1lb off. Saturday's weigh in signaled the completion of my first month on here. In this month i've lost 6lbs and 1/2 inch off my waist, 1/2 off my butt and 1 off my thighs. I was hoping for more in terms of inch loss but a loss is a loss. Let's see what month 2 brings. I may change my eating style slightly and go for a 24hr fast. So stop eating at 7pm tomorrow and start eating again at 7pm Tuesday? It might break the days up better. I'll give it a try for a week.

That's amazing for a month! Maybe you are being hard on yourself. Other than the first week I never lose 1lb a week - I've had to accept even 1/4 lb in a week is progress. To lose 1lb a week you need a weekly deficit of 3500 calories and I can't achieve that without doing a 4:3 and at the moment 5:2 with slow but steady weight loss is ok. Be careful fasting for longer if you have health issues. I can't fast on days I need stronger pain relief or ant-inflammatories. Good luck.

That's amazing for a month! Maybe you are being hard on yourself. Other than the first week I never lose 1lb a week - I've had to accept even 1/4 lb in a week is progress. To lose 1lb a week you need a weekly deficit of 3500 calories and I can't achieve that without doing a 4:3 and at the moment 5:2 with slow but steady weight loss is ok. Be careful fasting for longer if you have health issues. I can't fast on days I need stronger pain relief or ant-inflammatories. Good luck.

Thanks Love. I am probably being a bit hard on myself. Plus its difficult to get out of the traditional diet mindset of needing to see the scales move. I would definitely like to see more inch loss next month. I'm going to try and incorporate gentle exercise into my daily life. I'm at the hospital on Friday so not planning a fast day then so will do Tuesday and Thursday this week and see what happens. I've not felt hungry at all today so i've forced myself to drink a fruit/veggie juice.

How are you doing Love?

Thanks Love. I am probably being a bit hard on myself. Plus its difficult to get out of the traditional diet mindset of needing to see the scales move. I would definitely like to see more inch loss next month. I'm going to try and incorporate gentle exercise into my daily life. I'm at the hospital on Friday so not planning a fast day then so will do Tuesday and Thursday this week and see what happens. I've not felt hungry at all today so i've forced myself to drink a fruit/veggie juice.

How are you doing Love?

I'm away on a course so difficult as bored and missing the kids. I'll fast Wednesday and Friday I think this week. I may need to do a middle day too as about to go over!!

I'm away on a course so difficult as bored and missing the kids. I'll fast Wednesday and Friday I think this week. I may need to do a middle day too as about to go over!!

Is it at least an interesting course?

My fasting plans are buggered up this week again!!!!! The only way i'm going to get two in is to attempt two together and i'm not sure i can be bothered with that this week. I was planning on Tuesday and Thursday but have been reminded that i have to go out Thursday and at the Hospital Friday so going to attempt 2 days together with protein and veg. If i fail well at least i've had one DD this week which is better than none.

Today's Menu was as follows:

Breakfast
Nothing

Lunch
Fruit and Veggie Juice = approx 220cals

Tea
Roast Belly Pork = 1,172cals
Broccoli = 35cals

Treats
Orange Breakaway = 99cals
3 Jaffa Cakes = 138cals
Galaxy Ripple = 172cals
Coffee with sweetener and 100ml milk = 50cals

Water
= 2.5litres

Exercise = 2 x 10mins of gentle slow walking

Total Calories = 1,888cals

Is it at least an interesting course?

My fasting plans are buggered up this week again!!!!! The only way i'm going to get two in is to attempt two together and i'm not sure i can be bothered with that this week. I was planning on Tuesday and Thursday but have been reminded that i have to go out Thursday and at the Hospital Friday so going to attempt 2 days together with protein and veg. If i fail well at least i've had one DD this week which is better than none.

Today's Menu was as follows:

Breakfast
Nothing

Lunch
Fruit and Veggie Juice = approx 220cals

Tea
Roast Belly Pork = 1,172cals
Broccoli = 35cals

Treats
Orange Breakaway = 99cals
3 Jaffa Cakes = 138cals
Galaxy Ripple = 172cals
Coffee with sweetener and 100ml milk = 50cals

Water = 2.5litres

Total Calories = 1,888cals

Maybe just do 1 this week and hope to stay the same or don't weigh in this week - 2 together may not be wise. The course is interesting - I'm over now by 400 so need 2.5 fast days.

Yeah i thought about just sticking to 1 DD this week but i decided to see if i could do 2 but i didn't think it would be a good idea to do 2 DD's back to back without any food so i did eat at 9pm yesterday and plan to do the same today so i'll have had a 24hr fast today. So yesterdays DD's consisted of:

DD number 9 - 04/05/2013

Breakfast
Nothing

Lunch
Nothing

Tea
Honey Glazed Gammon Joint = 472
Broccoli = 35cals

Treats
None

Water
= 2.5litres

Total Calories = 507

Calories were a little higher than they should have been but not bad.

Got my appointment for my MRI scan. It's on the 5th July.

Glad to hear you finally got the MRI appointment, a month to wait though :(

24 hr fasts can work really well, LB does them and has great results, I am not disciplined enough for them though :D

I had thought originally that 2 DD's together wasn't a good idea, but I read the IF Diet book and they recommend it as an option so whatever works for you each week is just fine

Back