Take 2! My New IF Journey

Thanks Irish :)

UD for me today. Had a burger king for lunch and am surprised that it only came to 767cals. So still have 966 to play with according to my allowance from Dr J. Braising steak and mash potatoes for tea and i'm sat with my daily pint of veggies & fruit juice. Will have to make it slightly differently tomorrow as i've got no strawberries.

Been to the flicks today to see the new Star Trek film again and i'm now sat watching one of the episodes of Grimm that i taped. Roll on tea time :)

I did a couple of DDD but I think the optimum fat burning time is 36 hours so it's a bit pointless doing any longer than that. I did 88 hours on 500 cals. It wasn't hard once I got started and my weight loss was 2 lb more than normal that week. I did feel a bit wired by the end tho.

Seriously considering doing a detox to clear out my system. Been reading good things about juice detox. I think Jason Vale has a few plans. A 3 day, a 5 day and a 7 day plan. He advertises the books as 7lbs in 7 days and 5lbs in 5 days etc Not too bothered about the weight loss but interested in the idea of rebooting my system. I saw a documentary called Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead about an Australian guy who did a 60 day juice detox that helped him put his rare medical condition into remission. It was really interesting. I can't imagine doing 60 days but having done VLCD in the past i reckon i could handle 3 to 7 days? Hmmm but obviously not this bank holiday weekend :D

Hmm.. interesting idea. I have juicer among my many gadgets. I should use it more often but rarely remember. xx

Hmm.. interesting idea. I have juicer among my many gadgets. I should use it more often but rarely remember. xx

Yeah i think its like a complete body reset. Its is supposed to complete remove all carbs & sugars from your body (not sure if that can happen in 3 days mind?) I need to read a bit more about it, somewhere i have a copy of the 7lbs in 7 days book. But i am loving my jucier. I'm managing to consume more vegetables and get down me veg that i wouldn't normally eat. It's brilliant.

Yeah i think its like a complete body reset. Its is supposed to complete remove all carbs & sugars from your body (not sure if that can happen in 3 days mind?) I need to read a bit more about it, somewhere i have a copy of the 7lbs in 7 days book. But i am loving my jucier. I'm managing to consume more vegetables and get down me veg that i wouldn't normally eat. It's brilliant.

Not sure how long it takes either but as long as its veg and not fruit or high carb veg it should do it fairly quickly.

I think some of the recipes do call for fruit as well as vegetable. The juice i made today had an 7 strawberries, orange, apple, 1/2 lemon, 2 carrots, 2 sticks celery, 2 handfuls of kale and broccoli. But that's my own recipe. Its nicer than i thought it would be. Especially given i can't stand carrots. Doing the same tomorrow but without the strawberries.

DD for me today. Started the day with a mug of hot water with lemon and have so far followed it with 2.3litres of water and made my own juice of orange, apple, 1/2 lemon, kale, celery and carrots. Must admit i'm feeling a lot more tired today then i usually do but then i did have an awful night last night.

Finally seeing the Neurologist tomorrow so need to get all my symptoms written down so i can actually remember them all.

Wow so so so tired :(

DD for me today. Started the day with a mug of hot water with lemon and have so far followed it with 2.3litres of water and made my own juice of orange, apple, 1/2 lemon, kale, celery and carrots. Must admit i'm feeling a lot more tired today then i usually do but then i did have an awful night last night.

Finally seeing the Neurologist tomorrow so need to get all my symptoms written down so i can actually remember them all.

Wow so so so tired :(

Must be something in the air. I was shattered after mine too. I hope it goes well with the neurologist tomorrow xx

Hope seeing the neurologist goes ok. I'm impressed with you making your own juices. Do you find it fills you up? I'm on my 2nd DD & starving already!!! :( Need to stick to it though as my UD went fine - until the 2 huge helpings of sticky toffee & ice cream washed down by a sugary cocktail......Maybe that's partly why i woke up so hungry? Drinking tea, hoping that'll help.

So I guess you're on a UD today? Enjoy! :)

Hope seeing the neurologist goes ok. I'm impressed with you making your own juices. Do you find it fills you up? I'm on my 2nd DD & starving already!!! :( Need to stick to it though as my UD went fine - until the 2 huge helpings of sticky toffee & ice cream washed down by a sugary cocktail......Maybe that's partly why i woke up so hungry? Drinking tea, hoping that'll help.

So I guess you're on a UD today? Enjoy! :)

I find the juice really filling Emmster. Takes me ages to finish it and i reckon even if you haven't got a juicer you could cut the fruit and veg up small and use a hand blender to make it into a smoothie which would probably be even more satisfying. I seriously recommend trying it.

Today was an UD and boy did i need it. My appointment with the Neurologist was awful. It felt more like an interrogation than a consultation. He begrudgingly ordered an MRI scan and then told me he would see me in 6 months. He treated me like i was making things up. Very depressed about it and frankly i'd rather not see him again in 6 months! As daft as this sounds i'm actually hoping something shows up on the MRI so he takes me seriously :(

Went to Frankie and Benny's after the appointment and had something from the lunch menu. Thankfully they seem like half sizes and i was stuffed afterwards so hopefully not gone too much over my cals for the day and it is all i've had other than a size of homemade low fat banana bread for breakie.

Crap day all in all and i really wish tomorrow was a DD but spending day with my older brother and baby niece so no such luck. I might try for a half fast perhaps? Scales said 1.5lbs down but will probably show a gain by weigh in on Saturday. I may just ignore Sat's reading and wait until next Sat.

Hope everyone else is ok x

I find the juice really filling Emmster. Takes me ages to finish it and i reckon even if you haven't got a juicer you could cut the fruit and veg up small and use a hand blender to make it into a smoothie which would probably be even more satisfying. I seriously recommend trying it.

Today was an UD and boy did i need it. My appointment with the Neurologist was awful. It felt more like an interrogation than a consultation. He begrudgingly ordered an MRI scan and then told me he would see me in 6 months. He treated me like i was making things up. Very depressed about it and frankly i'd rather not see him again in 6 months! As daft as this sounds i'm actually hoping something shows up on the MRI so he takes me seriously :(

Went to Frankie and Benny's after the appointment and had something from the lunch menu. Thankfully they seem like half sizes and i was stuffed afterwards so hopefully not gone too much over my cals for the day and it is all i've had other than a size of homemade low fat banana bread for breakie.

Crap day all in all and i really wish tomorrow was a DD but spending day with my older brother and baby niece so no such luck. I might try for a half fast perhaps? Scales said 1.5lbs down but will probably show a gain by weigh in on Saturday. I may just ignore Sat's reading and wait until next Sat.

Well done on the loss. Sorry the appt was so awful. They can be really annoying. If you get no joy I'd ask to see someone else. I was diagnosed as hyper ventilating ( hysteria )until some bright spark looked at my ecg and noticed my heart wasn't in sinus rhythm :eek: They changed their tune after that. You could do an ID tomorrow.

Sorry you've had a tough time - I know what you mean about wanting something on an MRI to be taken seriously. Took 26 years for me to be diagnosed as hyper mobile and all of a sudden my various joint issues made sense - I hope you get the answer you need but nothing bad

Thanks guys. Felt quite fed up with it all. If my the MRI scan comes back clear i just don't see any point in going back to see him in 6 months time.

After my Thursday when i had a UD i had planned on having an ID on Friday but my brother fed me so much i ended up have nearly all my cals on just the 2 meals he gave me! Although i would have had a just under 300cals to play with. However since it was my first full day of activity in about 4 months when i got to my partners house at 6.30 i lay down on his bed for a nap and didn't resurface until today at 1.30pm! So exhausted.

Today is my normal weigh in day and i considered ignoring it and just waiting until next week but as usual i couldn't resist and wanted to see what 2 days of UD had done. I had gained 2lbs in those 2 days but my my partner has informed me that i look slimmer around the middle so i can live with that. Obviously i want to weigh much less than i do now but my main goal is to get into my size 10 clothing so inch loss is equally acceptable.

So far today i have had 2 slices of wholemeal toasts with butter and for tea we are having something from the Chinese takeaway so i will be having my usual chicken & beef in Blackbean Sauce with chips for the takeaway.

Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather. Makes me wish i'd gotten up early and nipped to the coast for the day :)

I'm border line size 10 trousers again - so close - sometimes it's about the clothes and inches not the scales - they'll get there. I'm wearing leggings for the first time in 20 years with a size 8 oversized t-shirt and my husband was very impressed!!! Good luck

I'm border line size 10 trousers again - so close - sometimes it's about the clothes and inches not the scales - they'll get there. I'm wearing leggings for the first time in 20 years with a size 8 oversized t-shirt and my husband was very impressed!!! Good luck

Won't be long now then hun :) I can't wait. Be nice to see the scales move but i can live with inch loss.

I'm being lazy this week due to the Bank Holiday so will only be doing 5:2 this week. I will get round to 4:3 at some point.

Another UD for me today. Feels like forever since i last had my DD on Wed.

Got up really late today so just had a couple of slices of wholemeal toast with Lurpak Lighter for dinner. Tea will be roast beef, yorkshire pud, mash pots and some broccoil. All home made so difficult to work out cals properly so will have to estimate values using MFP. If it seems too little i'll add a few more cals.

Hope your all enjoying the nice weather. Again i wish i'd gotten up early and gone to the coast. Shame really cos its supposed to be crap weather tomorrow. Oh well.

Back