Take two, go!

WOOOHOO - well. done you two!!! 4.5lbs Kami!!! Way to go girl and you had a tough oul week!!! Brilliant results!
Skinny - I cannot tell you how envious I am of people who can shop in Coast - Never mind size 10!!!! Twit two guess who'll be stealing the show at the Christmas Parties!!!!
I had 3lb off this week and am suffering (quite badly) with the cold - although on Lipotrim it feels more like Man Flu!!! Haha - The big loss last week had me a wee bit disappointed but just working out the numbers to update my tracker and realise its 25lb in four weeks so I'm gonna keep that in my head instead of the 3!! HAHA Feeling v happy despite my sniffles!!:D
Great positive posts tonight Girlies - We are amazing Women :girlpower:

25lbs in 4 weeks is amaaaazing!!!! Well flipping done you!! God that is some going!! Ladies, honestly I really do think we are so great. This is the absolute hardest time of the year to go on a diet I think, and we are on probably the toughest diet you can find so I think we should give ourselves a bit of a clap on the back actually. :) xxx

Is there ever a good time to start a diet, though :p

Nah def no good time to start but summer is generally a bit easier I find as there isn't so much of a focus on snuggling on couch eating takeaways and glugging wine when the weather is good :)

In a way I think summer's harder because there's more of a focus on going out to eat/ice creams etc, plus for the last few years I've been invited to at least one wedding each summer and there's always good food there.
Last night I had a food dream, to be honest it wasn't that appetising.

Hi My fav Ladies!!! How's it all going this week? I'm feeling v positive once again (I'm like a rollercoaster on this diet!) But I am very very proud of myself this eve! It's mid term here - so we took the girls to the cinema today and I sipped at my water throughout whilst the rest munched on their popcorn and my Hubbie on his Hot Nuts (please no innuendos here :D - As if that wasn't tough enough we went to Mc Donalds on way home and I watched them all tuck in whilst I had a black coffee!! Not only was it hard to do but I did it with a smile on my face as my poor hubby feels v sorry for me and I didn't want to ruin it for anyone....
I can't actually believe I did it!! I have never resisted like that before - I always just point it into my daily allowance or add it to my syns etc but it really was a great sense of accomplishment for me to do that today and I feel so much the better for it.
On another note as it was late when I got home and didn't feel like slurping down a thick shake I decided to give some of the "Lipo Recipes" a shot... I mixed a pack of the chocolate shke with 2 crushed sweetners and some fizzy water - put in microwave on full for 2.30 mins and it was surprisingly ok! Looks like a decent sized brownie (I did it in small ceramic breakfast bowl) but its not very sweet as a brownie would be - Have to say it was quite filling and nice with a black coffee, Any of you tried this - You should give it a go if you're getting bored.....

Seabre!!! Well done you on both cinema and Mc Donald's!!! You should be really proud of yourself.
That recipe sounds interesting - must try it.

I'm feeling positive too actually - although TOTM started today, I took feminax and they are ao bloody strong that my tummy felt like it was eating itself. Was so tempted to eat something for dinner to get rid of the sicky feeling but decided not to. Bloody totm is such a pain!!! :)

Am trying to formulate a plan for maintenance at the moment. Am thinking refeed and then 5:2 with some low carbing. What are you thinking for life after lipotrim? Xxxx

I have been thinking a lot about it too Skinny......I am def going to go low carb and even incorporate that into my temp re-feed at christmas going to do 2 weeks so I dont have to wait the 6 months to start tfr after. I know in day 3 or so of the refeed it says to introduce potatoes, grains etc but Im not going to do that... hoping I will stay in Ketosis if I go low carb but I intend to post in the Atkins forum for advice before I do it.
Also I have a night on 15th of Nov where I think I will be treating myself to a wee tipple!!! Do you think I should skip my 3rd shake that eve and do a chicken salad??? Plan on having a few vodkas with diet coke so that again I stay in Keto but don't want to be too drunk quickly so think I will need something in my stomach - What do ye think???

How long are you planning to do TFR for? I'm really hoping to be done by mid December. Fingers crossed.

I'm taking a break this Saturday actually for the day as myself and the hubby are heading back to the place we got married for our anniversary- can't wait!! I too intend on having a tipple so for me I think the sensible thing to do is to eat properly and even have some dreaded carbs as without them I tend to get rat arsed ;) I know I'll knock myself out of ketosis but in a way it might help to reset my system anyway. Totally up to you but I always think carbs are necessary drinking prep!!

Apart from that though, I honestly think low carb is probably the only way to maintain properly. I'm also thinking 2 days a week of lipotrim maintenance products and a carb free dinner will be a good way of keeping me on track. And weighing myself every day to keep myself accountable.

I'm trying to work on some low carb menus for myself and oh at the moment for when I'm back on food. Think planning maintenance is the only way for me to keep the weight off once and for all!!! Xxxx

Wow, you're both doing brilliantly!
I'm away delivering training, I'm back at my hotel and it's so so tempting to go out for dinner. You're inspiring me to resist, so thank you!

Hi Ladies - After discussing the drinking end of things last night I decided to google "Alcohol on Lipotrim! and I'm sorry I did!! Scare the life outta ye!!! So now I'm back and forwards as to what to do....its only one night and I be thinking one night won't totally ruin everything!!! But so scared of being off my face with very little drink! Think I'll sit on it a while before I decide....@Skinny - I had planned to do refeed starting 15th Dec and then back on to tfr @29th Dec - again not sure though If I thought I could continue to lose all be it not as rapidly on phase one of Atkins I would do that - But I'd be so gutted if the high fat in Atkins put a lot of weight on initially.....
@Kamikat - You are great being in a hotel and resisting - But I think when you actually do resist at really tough times like that it does wonders for your self esteem and carries you through the week. Last night after my double temptation eve I went upstairs and tried on some new (& old) clothes and I was so glad I did!!! Items I haven't worn in 2 whole years (including some really lovely dresses) now fit beautifully!!! Only problem was my "hold me in underwear" doesn't hold me in anymore!!!1 So I'm going to have to get some smaller!!!:D

I dunno, for some reason I feel like I'm almost letting myself down by not going out to eat, if that makes any sense at all. Maybe it's just been a long day. LT is starting to feel like forever... I don't know if I can keep this up for much longer, or if I should switch to keto now while I've had this initial weight loss as motivation? Also I'm heading to my parents' for the weekend, they consider LT and keto dangerous, food's going to be a big issue there...

Kamikat - I can see your point - I have to say if I was feeling it a constant struggle I don't think I'd put myself through it to be honest... I would be one for thinking "Life's too short"... I imagine because I have so much to loose its prob a bit easier for me as if I was smaller I dint think I'd have the motivation req so Hats off to you people who are not in the "Desperate" situation I am in for sticking to this - I think your Fab!!! If you were thinking of eating again I would def go low carb / atkins. I have read sooo much about it recently in order to prepare for when I come off this and I truly believe it is a very effective way to loose weight and a clean way of living - Not many processed foods fit into that type of plan so it would steer you away from what I consider the true baddie in weight struggle - SUGAR!!!
Also as you are already in Ketosis I don't think it would have a negative effect on your weightloss and do think you could continue to lose (well I am pinning all my hopes on that fact for when I start eating again!!! lol
I think the important thing is to go into it whole heartedly - Make a clear decision and stick to it, that way you won't be beating yourself up about not sticking to any type of plan - I think the sense of achievement of setting goals and targets and reaching them is very beneficial for mental attitude which really is the biggest struggle for people who want to lose weight - If you do come off Lipo be sure to have clear ideas about what you want to avoid going forward. That way if you are successsful in acheiving that you will have the confidence to continue and lose weight. I dont do well with the SW or WW type diets that let you eat anything as long as you point it/ syn etc. I find that I lack the discipline to just stop at that and allow myself to cheat by setting aside actual meal allowances for treats which inevitably leads to hunger and then failure!!! But having stayed on plan for 5 weeks on this I am sure you are tough enough to survive whatever you choose to suit you!!! We are all different and as we bigger girls def know - "once Size most Definitely does not FIT ALL!!! lol
Good luck and whatever you do - Stay on here!!! For my sake if nothing else <3

Thanks Seabre, it helped a lot to read that. I'll do my best at my parents', I'll go for weigh-in on Tuesday (am at an interview on Monday and wouldn't get back in time!) and see what I feel like then. Next weekend is also the dinner party, so I think I'll go off plan and make a point of checking in here and weighing myself on outside-scales once a week, and see how things go. When this is at the point that I feel frustrated with myself and it's beyond just a momentary temptation, it might be time to break for my mental health!

Day 34
I really don't think I can keep doing this. Feeling absolutely exhausted today, sore and tearful with tiredness and feeling upset with myself - it's like being on my period, but that's not due for another 3 weeks... I'm watching films and the food is making me salivate. I feel in need of calories. I don't even fancy junk food as such, any food would do.

Hi kamikat - Good luck with your interview today!!! By the sounds of things you are really struggling with this so I woulds ay its time to stop. It is not fitting your lifestyle and you sound very down and I know you wont achieve much without being strong mentally. I think every diet has to be adjusted to fit in what you need to live a happy fulfilled life. I made a spur of the min decision on Sat night and instead of driving to the party I was invited to we took a taxi and I had a wee tipple!!! I stuck to vodka and coke zero and it did me so much good to let my hair down a little and RELAX!!! I steered well clear of the buffet table and still felt proud at the end of the night that although I had a wee drink I managed not to nibble or eat any food!!!
I weighed in this morning and lost 6lb this week!!! So so delighted!!! It just goes to show that you can fit a "normal" life around this diet!! I didn't get silly drunk easily as was my biggest fear and found my tolerance pretty much the same as always - just goes to show its important not to take everything you read as gospel - you need to try things out for yourself.
Just a suggestion - but thinking of your situation - could you try 2 shakes a day and a low carb, meal in the eve?? Or even go to refeed? It sounds like you need a break from 100% tfr - and I think you could continue to lose which is the ultimate goal after all??? - Anyway - hope you are good x

Thanks Seabre, I think you're right that at the moment this diet isn't doing my mind any good. Tomorrow I'm weighing-in so I'll talk things over with my pharmacist and see what she reckons, but I'm almost certain that I'll come off plan until New Year (too many events at this time of year, I'd lose motivation too quickly) and see how things are then. Congrats on staying strong with the buffet table there, very impressed! That's helpful to hear about the alcohol too, it really does vary - when I was on keto last year a small vodka mixer would get me overly tipsy whereas before I could knock back three before getting to that level.
I've read less-than-promising things about 2 shakes and a low carb meal, mainly that the shakes are pretty high carb and the evening meal wouldn't necessarily be that low in calories... I think it's low-cal or low-carb, a mix of both probably wouldn't help me much (I tried similar with Slim&Save at one point, after an initial weight drop I lost half a pound a week, so not much good in my case). I'll definitely float about here on the forums though, the keto one that I used to hang out on was a) not nearly as supportive as you all are here, and b) politics happened and I cut ties (long story).
Does that mean that today's shakes are my last ones? Kind-of mixed feelings on that to be honest!

I think you are being very sensible about the whole thing Kamikat, You have done so well so far and you can continue to lose - I didn't realise the shakes were High Carb, which gives me even more hope for good weight loss when I switch to Atkins!!! I think you are right to have a chat with the pharmacist when you go in - They should be able to advise and there is so much advise available on here I'm sure you'll be steered in the right direction!! Let me know.....

Day 37(?)
Feeling really rough today, rearranged pharmacist to tomorrow. Didn't get the job :( I stayed overnight with my parents, my mum has a chest infection and now I'm feeling ill and coughing, hopefully it'll go soon... I still have some sachets left, not quite sure how that happened, and two flapjacks. I'll have the sachets, really don't want the flapjacks anymore!

Back