Take your vitamins!!

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by anjuschka, 7 October 2010 Social URL.

1. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    Just a reminder to everyone that you really must keep taking a multi-vitamin supplement. I think I have just diagnosed myself with Vitamin C deficiency: I do take a multivitamin supplement never manage to remember it every day.

Going back to yoga after the summer months I found that I develop bruises (without bumping my head!) on the forehead very easily when doing forward bends which elevate blood pressure in the head, I didn't even try inversions this time! My teaches has just referred me to *her* teacher as I may be doing something wrong but a quick google also reveals 'easy bruising' as a VitC deficiency symptom which could be another reason. Now I have been on Conso and veg every day for a few weeks already, it's clearly a long-term effect. I have no other classic symptoms like tiredness or sore gums, in fact just been to the dentist who gave me a clean bill of health.

I'm not bruising anywhere else (like on the limbs etc, I'll up my Vitamin C and keep you posted! I am also planning to see my GP to double check.

Also found this:
    Help! Is my weight loss causing easy bruising? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BREN

BREN is going to loose!

Start Weight:
    83kg
    Current Weight:
    80.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    72kg
    Lost(%):
    2.2kg(2.68%)
    Diet:
    CALORIE COUNTING :)
    Oh I havent finished the book yet but have started Dukan, however not been taking a MV off to have one now.....

4. robinhood

robinhood Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.67%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    I try to remember:eek:. I have a bit of a phobia with all medicines (not taking them, just the side-effects) so don't take unless absolutely necessary but I'd say I remember most mornings. I have just bought some vit C from the chemist yesterday so I don't get colds, etc over winter (as I'm taking in less natural vits) and had my first one this morning. Fizzy 'juice' for breakfast - yak!

5. jaqys

jaqys Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    Thanks for the reminder.

I'm rubbish at remembering to take things, especially now living alone.
    Think i should bring them to work so I eat them with breakfast.

I bruise easily due to anemia (and heal slow :( ) so am always meant to take iron suppliaments but am rubbish at doing it, even though I'm supposed to have done so for the past 25years.

6. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Interesting indeed... my NYs resolution for the new Millennium was to take a multi vitamin pill each day, and I've not missed many... and have been taking vitamin C for a couple of weeks now also.

BUT, I had a vitamin D deficiency picked up in my last annual blood test. So I checked out the multivitamin pills and was shocked at how little of most things actually ARE in them.

So keep up your green veg too... cos tomatoes, mushrooms and onions aren't quite the same methinks...

7. jet1968

jet1968 RIP dan !

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers /dukan !
    i ave a calcuim defincy im supposed to take tablets and ive not been taking any multi vit but i will try and remember lol

8. jaqys

jaqys Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    Tomato is pretty good with vits a and c.

9. scrumper

scrumper Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13.2lb(19.07%)
    Diet:
    Dukan / bodytrim
    ive just bought some multivits didnt think i would need the ones with iron with all this meat though .....ive got my flu jab on Saturday morning so hope i dont feel rough next week after it

10. jet1968

jet1968 RIP dan !

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers /dukan !
    im supposed to have that but i wont have it and where i work they offer it if u want it too and i heard that some doctor's surgeries are offerin it for £8 omg !!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Bubblemum

Bubblemum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Funny enough I took one this morning first for ages, it had iron in it, I seem to be bleeding for 2 weeks with this stupid coil not settled yet, so thought I should include iron. I ve mostly eaten chicken and tuna this week, we ran out of eggs, the hens arent laying as well with the dark nights/mornings and I had to give all we had apart from 3 away, I had a couple from last week but the boys made ma a cake and used plain flour instead of SR so wasted half of them GGGRRR.I have been feeling tired and unmotivated so maybe this will help a bit.

12. lucysmommy

lucysmommy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    i have started mines today - it slipped my mind to get some but need them for my exercise - so i am uptodate and promise to take it every day

x

13. Vickki

Vickki Full Member

Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    I got some yesterday..................AND a LONG lecture from the Chemist woman about Dukan Diet, I just wanted to say SHUT UP!! but didnt. Have no idea why she was bleating as it was on TV last week for the whole of Australia to see and how good it was. She was a ex nurse and think she felt the need to let me know what she thought...And she is now the meal replacement lady and I told her my thoughts on that, Been there done that, Hated it xxxxxx

14. jaqys

jaqys Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    Vikki that's rubbish. However people feel about dukan when compared to (expensive) meal replacement surely people can see it's a better option long term.

15. robinhood

robinhood Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.67%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    Yup, and the meal replacements cost a fortune from her place no doubt, no wonder she was trying to sway you. Sure, Dukan isn't overly well-balanced on attack/cruise but at least it's veg every other day and he does say to take vitamins to make up for it. On conso and once stabilised (phases 3 and 4) it's a healthy way of eating.

16. ngreen1974

ngreen1974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.47%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    My question.... If you take a multi vit (which I do each day since starting Dukan) is it ok to take a separate vit c tablet too?

x

17. lucysmommy

lucysmommy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    is there not vit C in your multi vit?#

it should say on the side, and how much of your Daily allowance it has
    x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. robinhood

robinhood Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.67%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    I've just started taking vitamin C as well as a vitamin tablet (which has vitamin C but not 100% daily requirements). You can't OD on vitamin C as your body can't store it, you just wee out the excess. Be careful of vitamin A if you eat lots of offal though (offal has a fair bit and 100% needs covered in the tablet) as that can build up (think you'd need to eat a lot on top of tablet to cause problems). Back to the vitamin C, I usually have quite a few oranges/clementines from now (when they're in season and best) until Spring but as I'm not having them, I decided to have the vitamin C instead. All helps to keep the immune system topped up.:)

Oh dear, more waffle.:eek:

20. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Waffle away Robin... it all made perfect sense to me and that's why I too have added in a separate vitamin C in addition to my usual multivitamin at this time when so many will doubtlessly be sniffling around me!

As for people's criticisms of the Dukan diet, some I do agree with of course ;), but being overweight isn't great either for one's health so I tend to counter with that argument!

Oooh must put something on the chat so that everyone sees it!

21. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    Yes that's fine as the Multivit usually has 60mg which is 100% RDA. But that's only the minimum amount to avoid scurvy but most people really ought to take in the region of 75-90mg, and your body can tolerate up to 2000mg no problem. I'm effectlyy taking 560mg now, the 500mg tablet calls itself 'sustained release' as you body can't store it it's better to release it slowly - not sure how a tablet is supposed to do that though!

Anyway - if you want me to back up the above I can probably re-google the medical pages where I found that info.

22. slimdreamer

slimdreamer Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    IE
    Hi, I am new to the forum and happy to have found you after doing a search on taking vitamins on Dukan.:)

I have been hearing conflicting information. I just started taking Berocca, a sugar free effervescent tablet that contains Vitamin C in addition to some other vitamins. It makes a very tasty fruity drink. But after looking into it, it appears Citric acid is a no no on a low carb diet and can slow it down. I have seen comments on some Dukan sites that it is OK, does anyone know the answer to this.

I am quite concerned about taking a multivitamin as well because they all seem to have glucose, maize starch etc.. in them. Can anyone recommend one that doesn't? Thank you in advance.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.