Take your vitamins!!

Yes they do (starch, possibly fructose etc). BUT you're taking a tiny amount, esp if you stick with the multivit and don't boost it with a secondary vitamin C - I was already on Conso when I did that so no more losses needed and no issues with potential stalling from citric acid... I am not familiar with Berocca, but generally try to stay away from the effervescent vitamin preparations which can contain more glucose, fructose to make a 'tasty' drink! From what you say Berocca doesn't?

You will probably get a few more useful responses after the weekend - it tends to get a bit quiet on here.

PS: I've been taking Boots own-brand multivitamins a-z throughout and did not see any noticeable stalling or otherwise that I would put down to their influence.

Last edited:
Thank you Anjuschka. I read on another Dukan forum after posting here about a natural vitamin called Garden of Life Vitamin Code but perhaps it is only available in America. He went on to say the vitamins such as Centrum etc.. are mostly chemical and our bodies cannot absorb them. This vitamin is all natural and he said people have reported great results and energy.

I started taking the Berocca (bought in Tescos) on someones suggestion. It doesn't have the other ingredients you mentioned but does have citric acid and aspartame. I now worry perhaps it's no good for the diet. I started taking it because I feel I am not getting enough nutrients with my ordinary multi vitamin on the diet.

I will try to go to Holland Barrett and see if they have something similar to the one mentioned that is higher quality. Thank you again.

[QUOTEHe went on to say the vitamins such as Centrum etc.. are mostly chemical and our bodies cannot absorb them. This vitamin is all natural and he said people have reported great results and energy.

[/QUOTE]

Drat - I take Centrum - and they were expensive too. Lordy must I bin them?

Ps - how on earth do you get the quote thing to work?

Last edited:
Just a reminder to everyone that you really must keep taking a multi-vitamin supplement. I think I have just diagnosed myself with Vitamin C deficiency: I do take a multivitamin supplement never manage to remember it every day.

Going back to yoga after the summer months I found that I develop bruises (without bumping my head!) on the forehead very easily when doing forward bends which elevate blood pressure in the head, I didn't even try inversions this time! My teaches has just referred me to *her* teacher as I may be doing something wrong but a quick google also reveals 'easy bruising' as a VitC deficiency symptom which could be another reason. Now I have been on Conso and veg every day for a few weeks already, it's clearly a long-term effect. I have no other classic symptoms like tiredness or sore gums, in fact just been to the dentist who gave me a clean bill of health.

I'm not bruising anywhere else (like on the limbs etc, I'll up my Vitamin C and keep you posted! I am also planning to see my GP to double check.

Also found this:
Help! Is my weight loss causing easy bruising? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

Funny you say about the bruising last couple weeks i have noticed bruises just appearing out of no where on my arms and legs so will check this out as possible not enough vitC as not taking multivitamins

Thanks for digging this out again Nicole - I can report that my personal bruising problem has markedly improved or even disappeared now. I avoided doing certain yoga poses for a whole term but have (with care) been joining in again now and not seen bruising on the forehead any more. I have not yet tried head- and shoulder stands though!

I am now taking (most days but I still forget) 1 multi a-z ("1-a-day"), 1 vit C (500 mg) and 1 500mg cod liver oil (since I'm in stab and my oily fish consumption has fallen to the extent that I notice my arthritic joints again on occasion)
I am also eating a lot of fresh veg which probably makes the vit C redundant!

But this should be a reminder to everyone - you really must take a good multivitamin supplement during attack/cruise at least. As advised by DrD.

Back