Cruise PV Takeaway help!

rupus

Help needed please!

I am going round to a friends tonight and they are getting takeaway :eek::eek:. I only have 2.5 pounds to lose and dont want to ruin everything. I was due to start consolidation yesterday but Im not at my goal weight yet. I am going away skiing on Saturday and really want to get to consolidation before then.

I ideally would prefer to choose something from the menu rather than be too awkward by taking my own.

Is the gluten free chicken and veg stir-fry with gluten free soy sauce the best or

Garlic smoked marinated chicken with stirfry asian greens?

or would you recommend me taking my own? The problem is I am at work today and limited time to cook before I go round.

Any advice is greatly appreciated
Thanks

I'd be worried about the amount of oil they'd fry things in if it was me. Im mot sure if it would make a difference though! You could take your own, make a dukan friendly chicken stir fry and if you have shirataki noodles add those too. If you need to hit your target this week maybe best to stick with home cooked food that you know the ingredients of. And congratulations on almost hitting your target. What an achievement!! :)

If you have time prepare you own stuff if not then stick to the chicken and veg stir fry and when you order ask them to go vvvvv light on the oil if poss - they will be used to every request. I had beef last night that was in a runny sauce and I just picked out the beef and left the rest and didn't feel like I was being awful!!! ENJOY!!

Disapointed!!

Thanks for your advice.

I managed to take my own prawn and veg stir fry but wondering if I used too much light soy sauce. - Im up 2lbs today!!!:(:(:( wonder if its water retention or the veg. Ive been doing lots of PP days. Any tips anyone? I felt so good for not having the takeaway but v.disapointed today

If it was the soy then the extra is just water retention and will pass as rapidly as it came.

I suggest you go in conso for your holiday regardless of whether you reach your exact target or not - it will just make travelling easier.

Then, if you aren't happy with your weight when you get back you can hop back into cruise for a week or two.

Hi Atropos

Ive read lots of your posts and always found them very helpful, so thank you :)

Thank you. I hope its just water retention. I also wonder if I have too much dairy as I tend to drink quite a bit of tea and coffee. I need to track my milk and yoghurt a bit better. I was drinking squash until shocked with the sugar content even though it was no added sugar.

I am also going to stop using muller lights - realised from your posts that there is fructose in them. I prefer to use total 0% with SF jelly mixed in. Is there a max amount of SF jelly powder I should use? I also add it to my microwave muffins and have a portion for lunch. So poss 1.25 sachets per day.Is this too much? Can you suggest an alternative? I dont really like the green canderel sweetener im using.

I agree about doing stabilisation and then cruise if i need to on my return. Im going skiing, so hopefully the exercise will also help and I will just try and be as sensible as poss. I am just hoping for my mindset that I reach my goal before Saturday. Going to take oatbran and SF jelly and try and avoid the heavy carbs in italy!!!

Thanks

I can't really help with the jelly as I've never used it.

Brush up on conso rules before you go - basically its 6 pv days and 1 pp day, and you can add a small amount of bread, hard cheese and one piece of fruit.

Try not to jump off the wagon - it's very tempting on hols - your body isn't ready for a huge rush of carbs/fat/alcohol, and its all to easy to slip behind and not climb back on!

I'm sure I read somewhere that jelly is limited to 3 servings per day & 1 sachet makes 4? But if it's not stalled your weight loss so far (& it helps you to resist the tempting Italian carbs) id say carry on! enjoy your conso week but be careful not to go overboard on your first gala, I was really sick after abstaining from rich food for so long & then stuffing my face (although it was great at the time!) - just wouldn't want you to overdo it & feel poorly whilst you're away. Have a great time..

Thanks for the advice re holiday. I will be careful not to overdo it.

Ive lost the 2lbs again this morning so hoping that it was just water retention from salt/veg.

Lots of water, protein and less jelly for me!!

Im on a mission now to lose the final 2lbs before Friday!

Wish me luck.

Back