Taken the plunge...

lunar jim

Gold Member
...and joined a gym!

I've just got back; I did 20 mins on the bike, 5 mins on the cross trainer (not ready for that one yet, 5 mins slaughtered me), and 20 mins on the recumbent. I wanted to go on the rower but not allowed on stomachy stuff...

I'm jiggered lol

Well done you.

I think about joining a gym but can't stand the thought of being the "fat sweaty one" in the corner with all the "beautful ones" looking.

Far too scared to venture in. Have driven to the car park a couple of times but just not picked up the courage to actually go in and join.

Well done you! Now have a nice warm bath to relax.
It must be something in the air, cause I've been to join my local gym today! My first session is next week. So I've a week left to be a couch potato!;)

Mrs Z. I was a keen gym goer before we moved area, and I can tell you there were very few 'Beautiful people' and the few that there were never lasted very long. As soon as they realised their makeup would run, it was bye bye!:8855: They would usually arrive just after Christmas and vanish before Feb.
I liked them, they payed their fees for a year, so kept the cost down for everyone else.

Great stuff lunar jim, I feel tired just reading about your efforts! I was thinking of buying a piece of equipment from QVC (spot the addict!) a couple of days ago that would exercise my upper arms and banish the dreaded 'bingo wings' but somehow found myself calling up for a pair of jasper ear-rings, oh well, will just have to attach weights to them instead.
Keep us posted about your progress at the gym.

Yeah, I was feeling a bit that way Mrs Z; I still won't go in the pool but I did talk to a couple of fit lads who were in there there and didn't feel awkward or anything. And moreover I didn't feel that they were laughing at me behind my back because they weren't, *and* I managed to do the stuff without looking like a complete tit (apart from being unable to operate the computer on the bike lol)

Oh and I introduced myself to the girl on the desk there in quite a unique way: I was in the family room with my toddler as he'd been for a swim with his mum. I was stark naked apart from my shoes and socks oddly.

The girl on the desk was showing someone new to the family room.

I could have sworn I'd locked the door...

Yes, she got an eyeful...

Probably a good job that bonus of weightloss we talked about the other day was true...

Still, we laughed about it later :D

:8855: I thought that kind of thing only happened to me!
I bet the poor girl found it hard to look you in the eyes after that!

congrats on joining jim and ooppss about giving the folks a free show

mrs z, join a council gym, i joined mine and its full of larger sweaty folks, not a gym bunny in sight. i also spend an hour and a half swimming lengths and no ones called green peace yet

lol well there one posotive jim when you loose weight it makes your willy look bigger hehehe xx
thats what happens to matt anyway, so i like him slim lol

mrs z, join a council gym, i joined mine and its full of larger sweaty folks, not a gym bunny in sight. i also spend an hour and a half swimming lengths and no ones called green peace yet

That's because they are all up here on stand-by, waiting for me to build up the courage to do it! :)

Wow, been again this morning! I feel really energised now after this morning's workout, this could get addictive lol

Plus one of the trainers showed me some stuff on the weights which doesn't touch my stomach muscles so I've been able work on my dreaded man boobs too :D

Back