Taking Care of Yourself!

xEeyore

Before I put on weight I loved beauty products and make-up and had a regular beauty routine.

When I was at my worst I would go days without make-up and not bother with my hair anymore.

Now I find that I'm paying much more attention to myself again, I've bough a new load of make-up lately, as well as a new body brush and I've dug out all my old lush products.

I'm also much more interested in the latest fashions - when I was bigger I just put whatever on didn't matter If I liked it or not.

Anyone gone through something similar and want to share some embarasing story's?

My worst way not shaving my legs for around 4 months :sign0137:

i've stopped caring about dying my hair as much lately. I never, and will never wear make up (i'm a freak about having STUFF on my face, can't bear it)

You kinda let everything go to pot with yer weight and its like.... meh what's the point now??

I'm going to treat myself every time I get down a stone, firstly the essential haircut,lol

So true. Before I started losing weight I just couldnt be bothered with hair/makeup/nice baths. I just sort of thought... what's the point!?? Quite sad really :(

Now I am getting slimmer I am paying much more attention to make-up/jewellery etc and feeling much more confident :)

Yes, the slimmer me gets much more care than the present one. I really need a haircut which I'll get once I've last 10lbs, then I plan to start wearing makeup again. I think that when I'm bigger I don't want to draw attention to myself but at my slimmest I'm happy to. Just need to get a few lessons from my make up artist 10 year old daughter, she is amazing, I really don't know where its come from but I'm more than happy for her to do my face when I go out.

Yes, I am trying to be kind to myself in ways that don't involve food. I cannot wait to be rid of the first set of clothes when they get too big. I'm a 24 and everything is getting loose, finding myself pulling up my jeans a lot now. Next week I'm going to try on some 22's that are in my wardrobe. In another couple of weeks I'm going to treat myself to some new knickers. Today I've bought a voucher for a cut, restyle and finish, (bargain on groupon £14), so I'm going to book in for that asap.

I am also in need of a trip to Lush, all my christmas sale bargains have depleted, if I'm not eating I'm bath bombing instead, lol. My birthday is at the end of April, for then I'm going to go replace all my makeup I think as it's getting a bit old and I fancy trying mineral makeup. I might book in for a makeover in Debenhams to coincide with it, really treat myself. I was looking at laser hair removal on a groupon type deal, £95 for 6 sessions. I'm starting to get paranoid about my tache, I was so tempted to do it but that's the price of next months shakes.

Back