Tall and fat! New to EE and in need of help and support!- My ramblings xx

Mickey
Littleflutteryby
Abstay

Thank you all for your support its so nice to see that people are writing back! Thank you again to the others and well done to you all!

Seeing some big weight losses and some of you now being half the person you were really is inspiring. x

Hello all or anyone lol

Sooo ive been off work with this awful cold/flu type thing thurs and fri which is not like me at all I never take sick days, ever! But really felt awful, prob doesnt help that I hate my new job either- lets hope to god no one I know is reading this! But hey ho. So now that ive done the damage anyone in the north east want to hire me for a lovely job with a decent salary?? Ill be thin and fab soon!?

Being ill and miserable has meant ive either eaten nothing as my throats been too sore and ive been coughing which has made me miserable or ive comfort eaten and had total rubbish (a chinese AND a mcdonalds!) but on reflection I realised the naughty food didnt make me feel any better and I would of much rather had something healthy which I think is a positive step forward!

So here comes the big motivation.,... Ive just booked a holiday with 2 of my best friends and one of their best friends (do you follow?) and they are all size 8s, but claim "no no Emma dont be silly, Im a 10" oooooooooooo well thats ok then! Of course I love my besties and they love me and dont care what size I am but I really want to be able to relax on holiday and have a nice time not worrying about covering up and which way to lie etc.

This means operation SWS (Slimming world slim) is a go go! We fly at the end of May so im thinking that gives me pretty much 4 months - how much realistically can I loose? I know everyone is different but would wanting to do 3 stone in 4 months be too optimistic?? thats 3.5 lbs a week with 2 weeks missed out.... hummm maybe that is hoping for too much?? I just dont know.

PLEASE give tips on how to have big losses I want to get into good habits from the start. What things always help you have good loses?

Thanks x

Jezzi - I know that really youre right and that 1-2 is prob the healthy amount but I just want a good loss lol! Im sick of always being the fat one!! x

Best advice I can give Emma is - DON'T STOP EATING!!! When I did SW before (I lost 2.5 stones in 3 months and had lots of "off the wagon" days!!) I kept cutting back on my portions (of free food) thinking I would lose weight faster - I didnt!! In the end it was counter productive as I just got hungry and then snacked on syn laden snacks. My best weight losses were the weeks where I ate lots of free food, loads of super free foods but didn't exceed 10syns a day. I put a stone of that loss from last year back on but I am super determined to succeed with the plan in 2013 and having been back at it a little over a week I am looking at being back to two stone off in the next few days. The support and help I get from class is fab but I also have a cracking group of friends who know all about the SW approach and help in all sorts of ways including coffee shops for meeting up that always do jacket spuds, evenings out based around cinema, bingo, bowling and not just glasses of wine in the pub!!

As your consultant will keep telling you if you stick to the plan you WILL lose weight - the weeks you don't will be the ones where you've "cheated" a bit so keep a diary even when you think you don't need to. I stopped and it was weeks before I realised there were syns sneaking in with a little mouthful here a little taster there!!

These forums are full of people all on the same journey so if you ever need a boost make a 2 syn options drink and fire up the laptop or tablet and have a read, the craving for something naughty will soon subside and you'll feel energised again.

Best of luck and hope your first weeks losses are great for your confidence.

A
X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

hello emma .any loss is a good loss .just think its less then when you started.each time you think thats not a big loss.enjoy your losses.lorna

I know what you mean! I'm also sick of being 'the fat one'. I'm the biggest in my family, out of my friends, in my work department. Ive had enough!!

Abstay- it just seems so backwards doesnt it, eating is normally cheating lol but now I have to eat to get thin?? Id love love love 2.5 in three months. I cannot be huge on this holiday! thank you for taking the time to write such a huge reply its so nice of you.

Lorna I know and you are right but I just want to get lots off im sick of being FAT lol.

Capri its rubbish isnt it, I literally do not know anyone else this big its so upsetting! x

Abstay- it just seems so backwards doesnt it, eating is normally cheating lol but now I have to eat to get thin?? Id love love love 2.5 in three months. I cannot be huge on this holiday! thank you for taking the time to write such a huge reply its so nice of you.

Lorna I know and you are right but I just want to get lots off im sick of being FAT lol.

Capri its rubbish isnt it, I literally do not know anyone else this big its so upsetting! x

Hi Emma I have been dieting for years & think the eat to get thing as only just registered before I haven't eaten enough through the day then ended up bingeing ;-( so now I'm trying to eat a lot more (although today have been out & haven't eaten that well & have eaten more snacks ). Good luck to you I will look in on you to see how ur doing xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Best advice I can give Emma is - DON'T STOP EATING!!! When I did SW before (I lost 2.5 stones in 3 months and had lots of "off the wagon" days!!) I kept cutting back on my portions (of free food) thinking I would lose weight faster - I didnt!! In the end it was counter productive as I just got hungry and then snacked on syn laden snacks. My best weight losses were the weeks where I ate lots of free food, loads of super free foods but didn't exceed 10syns a day. I put a stone of that loss from last year back on but I am super determined to succeed with the plan in 2013 and having been back at it a little over a week I am looking at being back to two stone off in the next few days. The support and help I get from class is fab but I also have a cracking group of friends who know all about the SW approach and help in all sorts of ways including coffee shops for meeting up that always do jacket spuds, evenings out based around cinema, bingo, bowling and not just glasses of wine in the pub!!

As your consultant will keep telling you if you stick to the plan you WILL lose weight - the weeks you don't will be the ones where you've "cheated" a bit so keep a diary even when you think you don't need to. I stopped and it was weeks before I realised there were syns sneaking in with a little mouthful here a little taster there!!

These forums are full of people all on the same journey so if you ever need a boost make a 2 syn options drink and fire up the laptop or tablet and have a read, the craving for something naughty will soon subside and you'll feel energised again.

Best of luck and hope your first weeks losses are great for your confidence.

A
X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Great post Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Va
I agree totally with what you said I gained weight by not eating enough and as my health is not up to speck when I have an infection etc I find it difficult to eat and that week I always gain!!!
It does not make sense but my C says STARVATION mode Now I believe her!!

hi .lorna again .i fine i seem to loose more .when i eat more .but i fine it hard.as somedays when i am .running around . i wish lol .i just dont eat alot .and i know its not the way to do it .but you realy have to eat to loose .you will do it .eat a lot of speedfoods .that should help.:confused::confused::confused:

Well done on joining! I find my biggest losses are on the weeks where I eat breakfast. I stay fuller for longer throughout the day which means I don't turn to naughty foods after getting very hungry.

I also do well when I'm prepared so I try to do shopping lists and menus every week. I chop all my fruit for snacking the night before and prepare as much food as I can in advance.

I know you're keen to do well before your holiday but remember that you are doing this for the long term advantages or you may get disheartened if the weight isn't dropping off quick enough. Also remember that the slower it is to come off, the easier it is to keep it off.

Good luck!

Hi Everyone

Thank you so much for your tips, I think preparation will be key to make sure im snacking ENOUGH lol!
Obviously I havent gone to group yet but can people give me a few examples of superfree foods?

I know that the slower it comes off the easier it is to stay off I just want to see a good loss, it feels great when people tell you you look well! x

Thanks for your help! x

Hello Emma

I joined Slimming world on the 11/01/2012 and last year I lost 7 stone and 13 lbs, was way to easy on my self over Christmas and put 9lb on in 3 weeks, am now back on plan 100% and hoping to see a lose tomorrow when i get weighed

If you stick to plan, eat lots of super free foods, drink plenty of water (i have between 2-3 litres a day) and start a little body magic (walking, swimming, cycling - whatever takes you fancy) you will be surprised and lose the weight and hopefully feel more confident within yourself on your holiday.

Good luck x

I think the best advice I can give is for you not set yourself big targets over short spaces of time as SW is a slow weightloss plan for most BUT don't let that put you off! Remember that the slower you lose it the more likely you'll keep it off, and we all want to be slim for life not for a few months. If you aim to lose 3.5lbs a week and lose 1lb you will be disappointed which you definitely should not be. Every 1lb adds up surprisingly quickly and you'll be at your target weight before you know it. Set yourself manageable goals with the aim to lose 1-2lbs a week. If you lose more that's fab, if you lose less at least it's going in the right direction! Good luck xx

Shawden - huge congratulations! Thats amAZing, I love hearing how well people have done and that it can be achieved! Its the exercise that I think ill struggle with but will get into habit of eating first x

vintage - as I say I know its a life change not a quick fix binge but I just really want to see results!

Hello Ladies and gents,

So tonight was the night.... its been blizzarding here (near Darlington) and by the time I was in from work id skidded just trying to get on the drive.
My mum arrived and was saying we couldnt drive, I shocked myself by suggesting we walk, I felt oddly like I didnt want to miss out and If I didnt start tonight then would I? So we walked down, got outside and then suddenly I felt like a child, I REALLY didnt want to go in, like at ALL! But I made myself.... it didnt help that the meeting was all very unorganised and the consultant although nice didnt really explain things, there were a few newbies which was nice although they seemed rather slim to me (hehe look at me a fatty judging a skinny!) but when we were asking her the syn count for things she said she didnt know and we would have to look it up... is that normal consultant behaviour? Then people were saying their losses and one woman had lost 6lbs! I was so pleased for her as she was a lil big but not huuge. PEOPLE were casually mentioning meals eg chicken kiev and I was asking how they made it and the syns and she seemed to be getting annoyed but I thought that was the point in group to chat and swap ideas and offer support? opinions people??

So then dum dum dum I had to get weighed.... now I was thinking worse case scenario was I would be back to where I started before I did cambridge diet.... 15.5 but was hoping like mad to not be.... O I wasnt there.... I was 5.5 lbs MORE!!!! I really could have cried, honestly. Im so disapointed in myself. Once again I am that FOOL that puts it all back on but this time more!

Im determined to have a good week and to top it off the friend, the 14 stone one, yes HER well she has only gone and lost 7lbs in her first week!!! I mean come on!!!

x

Well this morning Ive had scrambled eggs (3) and a muller greek yog which ppl said are half a syn each. Ive measured out my healthy A milk and being using that. And have made a huge pan of veggie chilli which really consisted of quorn and anything else I came across so it may be gross but theres green beans, normal beans, tomatoe, celery, peppers and onions in!

So I had the chilli and some pasta, the OH had some with oven chips n chicken nuggets (I turned them down and wasnt bothered!) He said it was really nice, he didnt know it was quorn or SW!

I was going to make chicken kiev as someone as group talked about it but have no potatoes... then thought id make cannelloni but got no spinach just rocket lol so now think it will be carbonara??

Back