Tall and fat! New to EE and in need of help and support!- My ramblings xx

well done Emma on joining group.. I'm off to join tonight, ekk!! I did light er life and so know where you are coming from - but now is the time to do it right by eating and not starving, I think SW is a healthy eating plan rather than a diet. Just made SW peanut curry from Pete's recipe book on here and it was delicious, can't beleive it is 'diet food'. Good luck with first WI next week x

Gemma- where did you get the recipe from?x

Hi Emma, I just want to tell you a bit about my story. I am tall (5' 10") and I was quite big before joining S W 2 years ago. I was nervous going into group for the first time on my own but it really has changed my life. I am on the social team at group so still go. I got to target 13 months ago and am still at target. It is by far, in my opinion, the best weight loss plan and you can eat such a lot of good food. Well done on joining. Hope you continue to enjoy it. You will do so well I am sure :)

Hi Emma I do find the consultants r all so different I've had 3 different ones 2 were great one was c**p some encouraged us to share a recipe if we had one, the crap one didn't she ran round like a headless chicken didn't offer any advice & generally wasn't there for us it makes all the difference if u have a good helpful c. I hope urs improves & goes out of her way to be helpful xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I came across this last night and whipped it up, its yummy and the OH that is against all diet food (even though ive secretly fed him SW veg chilli and carbonnara)

homemade spicy tomato & red pepper soup

Ingredients:
2 whole red peppers
2 large fresh tomatoes
250g passata
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
100ml water mixed with one tspn of bovril
2 small green chillies
a sprinkle of medium or hot chilli powder
black pepper to taste

Chop up the tomatoes & chillies, deseed the peppers and chops into small pieces, chop up the onion and garlic and add everything to a saucepan. Put in the passata & bovril, simmer for 30 mins. Add some chilli powder and black pepper to taste.

Put it all in a blender for a few seconds to make into a delicious soup!
Use some cubes of wholemeal bread, toast them and add to the soup!

Hollys nan - thank you for popping in and commenting! Lol im laughing cos youre start weight is nearly my goal weight! Its so true though no matter how much you have to loose it seems that everyone says SW is the way to get there so fingers crossed!

Val- its just so strange she kept saying to txt her with any Qs but she couldnt answer any of the Qs when we were there! My mum used to go to one years ago and they always had tasters and recipe swaps and raffles and prizes for slimmer of the week etc.... We move in a few weeks so the new one might be better - maybe im being unfair though might be better next week

I made the carbonnara last night (Quark, onions, garlic, egg yolk and lean bacon) it was really nice! I had two bar things as my HEX B and a cherry jelly which was nice.

Im lost this morning though as we seem to have NOTHING in to eat lol, I considered eating soup for brekkie as it would be free but couldnt bring myself to do it lol. Im going out for lunch which could be an obsticle but Ive changed from our usual place where my fav 2 things are very naughty and going to a run of the mill pub so I will have a JP or maybe a salad or salmon if they do that?

Im going to buy potatoes and spinach on the way home and make something nice for tea (prob one of the things I was going to make last night lol)

OOOOO question - are diet drinks free??

Bye and wish me luck!

I think most diet drinks are free - sorry I only drink diet coke and diet lemonade and both of them are
Some of the squash isn't though, have you looked on life lines online?

Thanks Shawden - I had diet pepsi so phewww

I was good, I had salmon, salad and JP. I had no sauce and didnt put the butter on! Feel very proud of myself. Hurrah!
x

Ok im going post mad today - can you tell im off work?? lol.

Ive just tried to make the mushy pea curry/curry sauce - now I dont like peas of any kind but everyone was saying how nice it is so ive done it - it smells amazing but too scared to try it yet lol I think ill wait till everyone is home later n let a guinea pig try it first mwah ha ha

Funny I havent made it either yet. The ingredients just put me off, but hubby loves chip shop curry so will do this for him. I dont like chip shop curry anyway. Funny taste buds me! I just like Indian vindaloo, hot hot hot! Everyone in group say it really tastes exactly the same. :)

I too was reluctant to make mushy pea curry it tenda to be my Emergency meal for work now if i cba its actually v nice i just mix a tin of peas and tomatoes and curry powder for a lazy quick meal

Well I tried it... I dont like it shock horror! lol I think its got a funny texture blurghhh yuk yuk yuk

My chicken was yummy, stuffed with quork and garlic then wrapped in bacon. I did it with SW chips but they didnt work out as well as id hoped.
Does anyone have any tips to get good chips? I par boiled them, then but in baking tray with spray light and salt kept shaking them but they kept sticking and didnt really crispen up. boooooooooooo

I never worried about parboiling them- I just found they crisped up fine on their own in the oven- I don't think you could do big chunky wedges this way though- I cut them more like chip size if that makes sense

o ok ill try this next time then! thanks guys!

Anyone got any good breakfast ideas? Apart from yogart, fruit or eggs lol or is that it?
Also what do ppl have for lunch? is it generally just leftovers from the night before?

I seem to have no problem with tea but the other two I struggle with x

today for brekkie i had 6 wholegrain crispbreads hex b 5 laughing cow light cheese triangles hex a and my homemade syn free onion chutney and fruit

if im at work its always leftovers lol

but at home i make allsorts egg n sw chips being a fave or sw chips n mushy peas with loads of vinegar so it tastes like chippy

i love chips and am addicted to nandos piri piri chip sprinkle its syn free and you can get it in herb bit at most supermarkets

Hi Cat,

O I hate diary lea/laughing cow type cheese - do you know if there are any of the cheese speaks allowed... im doubtful!
Im thinking once the online shop arrives ill try to eat porridge and fruit or yog n fruit for breakfast then I could have a sandwich at lunch? lunches are hard.

I also need to fit in more veg and not just have pasta things! x

Hi Cat,

O I hate diary lea/laughing cow type cheese - do you know if there are any of the cheese speaks allowed... im doubtful!
Im thinking once the online shop arrives ill try to eat porridge and fruit or yog n fruit for breakfast then I could have a sandwich at lunch? lunches are hard.

I also need to fit in more veg and not just have pasta things! x

Philladelphia light 75g for a hex a
40g of reduced fat cheddar hex a
Quark mixed with herbs ....syn free
Ham instead of cheese also

Back