Target Members - How did you get rid of that last stone?

StaceyUK

Gold Member
I am sooooooooo determined to get to my target by the 15th Dec as I'm off to America on the 17th. It will also be my 2 yr SW joining anniversary (well, a week or so past it but close enough!).

I've got 14 weeks (not incl this one) and 16.5lb to lose.

What can I do to get me there and what worked for you? My weight losses average to about 1lb a week so even if I'm 100% for the next 14 weeks (and even I probably can't be that much of an angel!) it's going to be by the skin of my teeth that I get my target.

Any tips or advice please?!

BTW, should add that I don't exercise at the moment but am thinking of starting walking/jogging and doing the Davinia DVD though I'm worried all this might make me put on weight!

I'm not a target member or anything but why don't you do a couple of days a week success express and see if that boosts your weightloss along with exercising for half an hour 3 times a week xx

Hi Stacey, just wanted to add that you shouldn't gain weight when you exercise but you should take your inches beforehand. Sometimes people think they've gained weight but actually, it's water weight and isn't the old 'muscle weighs heavier than fat thing'. When you exercise your muscles absorb liquid which is why it's recommended that you drink more. If you compare a pound of fat to a pound of muscle, the muscle will be about one fifth of the size of the fat and it's only men (or bodybuilding women) who can 'gain' muscle.

in all honesty the last few pounds came off by splitting up with my ex, going on a bendre and not looking after myself. i dont recommend that though!! if you could do even 1lb a week you will get there soon enough. I also have 17lbs to loose til target :D:D:D

Through dogged determination and bl00dy hard work I'm afraid!

I did success express for whole weeks, I reduce my syns to 5 a day. I ate superspeeds and speeds like they were the only foods on the planet and it was still hard. The last half stone was particularly hard.

TBH, it was Sucess Express which did it and keeping in mind that I would get there, no matter how long it took. You will do it Stacey, and if you don't do it by your deadline, you will do it soon after hun.

Good luck Stacey!

Im sure you will do it! Look at how far you have come and i bet when you first started you didnt believe 6 stone would be possible! I think it might be a good idea to start exercising now i would be surprised if it didnt help with your loss!

But you go for it girlie!!! x

Through dogged determination and bl00dy hard work I'm afraid!

I did success express for whole weeks, I reduce my syns to 5 a day. I ate superspeeds and speeds like they were the only foods on the planet and it was still hard. The last half stone was particularly hard.

TBH, it was Sucess Express which did it and keeping in mind that I would get there, no matter how long it took. You will do it Stacey, and if you don't do it by your deadline, you will do it soon after hun.

Success Express scares me, I think! I always get lost as to what to eat! I think it's not that different to red days as I tend to eat 2/3 veg on a red day anyway without necessarily meaning to.

I will encorporate a couple of SE days this week and see how I go. I'm expecting a gain tomorrow from the 5 days in Italy (soo annoyed with myself!) but hopefully doing some SE days will see me with losing whatever I gain tomorrow.

Any meal suggestions??

I did SE for the last few weeks to shift the last of my weight, I did 1st week SE, 2nd week usual plan, 3rd week SE and lost 9lbs, it worked for me, i couldn't of done more than 1 week at a time but managed it for a week on a week off once i got my head around it. Good luck hun, it will soon be off. xxx

For me I didn't have to do anything to lose the last stone. My weight loss was steady throughout the whole 11 months and I actually lost more my last week (4lb) that I did in my first (3lb). I followed the same plan throughout and never had to reduce my syn intake.

However, I did make a conscious effort throughout not to fall into the trap of eating the same foods, having the same HEs and following the same recipes. I continually tried new foods and recipes from the big, bad world as well as SW.

Also, after I lost my first 2 stones I started exercising regularly, I learned to swim, joined a gym and took up running. Once again I would change my gym programme every 5 or 6 weeks, different reps, weights and routines. I'm convinced that the exercising, combined with my willingness to experiment is the reason why I never plateaued.

So I would say definitely give exercise a go - not only is it great for losing weight and toning up but it will also boost your mood. And the sense of achievement it gives you when you see you see your fitness levels improving means that those weeks where you sts or maybe have a small gain seem less disasterous because you have other measures of success in addition to the scales.

Hope this helps a bit and good luck!

Stacey i'm no where near target but i'd say try one thing at a time i.e try exercise for two weeks (measure for sure) and if that starts things moving stick with it but do everything else the same, then if you slow again try a SE week. If you change too much in one go you might feek over whelmed and not manage anything.

About the exercise..i go to the gym 3 times a week and do weights as well as CV and i have never gained because of it, but i drink alot of water when i'm there.

Thanks ladies! Spoke to my C and she said that EE basically supersedes SE and that if I really wanted to 'go for it' I should do EE but with SE principles of 1/3 to 2/3 ratio of free to superfree foods. I'm going to keep this in mind and might throw in a few SEEE (Success Express Extra Easy) days here and there for a boost.

Definitely going to start exercising this week and she's going to give me a FIT log so I can work towards my bronze!

TBH it was my last 4-5 lbs I struggled with, but when EE was first introduced in Jan I followed that & I think it was the change that worked, because within weeks I was there.

I know you've probably already tried EE, so I think the key for me was change, so my suggestion would be to completely mix it up every week. Say 3 days EE & 2 of each red/green & just mix it up.

Hope it works for you & good luck!

Back