Target weights - how did you work out yours?

AliGal

Eating meat
I've been thinking about what my target sustainable weight should be. I'm not yet on this BMI chart http://www.whathealth.com/bmi/chart-imperial3.html
I have a clothing target - size 14. Not sure if I'll be 12/14 or 14/16. Probably the later.

So what does that mean in terms of the scales? I was 12 stone at 18 (and thought I was very fat.....) I'm aiming for 13 stone and seeing how I look and feel and what size I am. I so don't want to look haggard!

What about you - how are you working out yr target?

I had originally said I wanted to get to 10 stone, so lose over half my body weight, but have scaled that back to 12 stone. Not sure why I picked that weight level! :)

I picked 10 st as it was the weight I was when I met my husband! I have been there before so I figure it’s achievable and hopefully sustainable this time if I don’t go back to my usual bad habits .i think I will be size 12 , I blooming hope so as there is a world of clothes hanging in the wardrobe waiting for me!

I think I will be size 12 , I blooming hope so as there is a world of clothes hanging in the wardrobe waiting for me!
That made me smile. I have the equivalent of two big suitcases of clothes 20-14 to slink into! I cleared my closet and chucked anything that I didn't love or wouldn't buy now. I've sorted them into sizes, so I can shop my closet easier. I'm still wearing some larger tunic tops that look so much better now they are loose at the back! Even the elasticated sleeve on the one I am wearing today are looser.

Once I hit 12stone 4 I am overweight. Anything below that is healthy.

Although I’m 5ft 10 and when I weighed 11stone 7, I have photos on holiday and you see rib cage and collarbone. So it’s down to other factors too, such as muscle. I think I looked my best at about 12-12.7 stone. Size 12. So maybe my healthy weight is actually overweight, or the top end of a healthy bmi.

One thing I have learnt is not to take any notice of the scales. I am same weight now as I was 2 years ago but I am in a size bigger as I wasn't able to exercise so I have more body fat. We are all different shapes and sizes but could be the same weight. Go by how your clothes feel and how you think you look.
Also what is a size 12 in one store can be a size 14 in another one that is where measurements come into play.:)

I aimed for a stone over my skinny mini mothers weight so 10st 7lbs, plus this was an even 6st loss for me.

Dxxx

I just picked a weight out of nowhere for mine. I didn't really know where I wanted to be and picked what I thought might be an achievable and possibly good weight. It turns out if I go for that weight I'll still be in the overweight BMI category so I may need to rethink it!

1543392637174.png

I'm thinking the top end of the healthy weight range might be my better goal but I won't know until nearer the time.

Back