target??

d14

I see a lot of talk about target weight, getting your club 10, etc. but my question is...how do people weighing you know your target or when to give you your club 10 award? I had my third weigh in today and i've never been asked my target by my consultant or the people weighing me. Am I supposed to tell them or write it somewhere?

d14 said:
I see a lot of talk about target weight, getting your club 10, etc. but my question is...how do people weighing you know your target or when to give you your club 10 award? I had my third weigh in today and i've never been asked my target by my consultant or the people weighing me. Am I supposed to tell them or write it somewhere?

You can work out your club 10 (although my consultant worked it out for me on week 2) and write it in your book on the page where your losses are written. I think their machine will show when you've lost 10% so maybe ask your consultant how much you need to lose and write it there.

I have set an interim target since I have a LOT to lose, and I'm nowhere near yet. I'm assuming that the consultant will record your target somewhere and the machine thingy will tell them when you're at target? Not 100% sure though!

your target is totally your choice both the number and when you set it, you don't even have to set a target, as Mrs M10 says if you want to can set an interim target but thats jsut for your personal use and you don't get anything (sticker or certificate) for it,

your club 10 is literally when you've lost 10% of your body weight, the PDA thingy works it out

if you have a target in mind let your consultant know and she'll put it in for you, personal choice :)

if you speak to your consultant she'll be able to tell you that or ask the weigh in lady at group who whould also have access to it on the PDA,

My consultants puts your C10 in the book when she weighs new members and suggests it as a first target if you have that much too lose. she also asked if I was ready to set (or reset in my case) I have done the weighing in my group and like the last post says the weigh lady/man can get it by clicking on the PDA screen where it says targets. There is also a really good page in the Choose Success booklet where you can see healthy weights I set my target from there.

In my first meeting the lady weighing me wrote it in my book - that's my 10% and target. She worked out my 10% and asked me what I wanted my target to be.

I am surprised the weigh lady asked you what you wanted your target to be. I can only go from my own group, but the target is set by the member themselves when they feel happy and ready. The consultant will discuss this with the member, no-one else., at my group anyway :)

Sorry my post wasn't clear it was the consultant not the weigh lady the consultant weighs all the new members on their first week and asks if they have a target in mind or if they would like to wait and see. I knew what i wanted my target to be because i had struggled to keep to my original target and I just don't want it to be so hard this time. I guess all groups are a bit different but at my group you can tell the weigh lady at any time or discuss it with the consultant and either of them can set it for you or change it for you or leave it blank til you say when. x

As the WI lady I would ask someone if they wanted to set a target, an interim target or take it a stone at a time.

those with not much to lose are happy to set straight away, those with a lot to lose tend to take it a stone at a time.

The consultant asked my BF his target from the first week as he didn't have that much to loose, where as he set my club 10 as my first target, if you have a bit too loose they won't discuss it with you until you are ready and the target is your choice.

My consultant asked me about my target on my first session, I decided to set an interim target as my goal weight is still a long way off yet!

And the club 10 weight should be in your book, if she hasn't put it in your book then you can work it out yourself, work your weight out into pounds (remember there is 14 stones in a pound) then divide it by 10 and round it to the nearest half pound (i.e. 184 pounds is 18.4 pounds and you'd need to lose 1st 4.5lb to get club 10)

Back