Tattoos after big weight loss?

I know I am old and out of touch, and I am not being critical of other people's choices, but yikes!!! What is it with tattoos these days? I just don't get it.

Tattoos have been popular for thousands of years, people are just more aware of them nowadays. They've actually uncovered mummified corpses thousands of years old (royalty too, not just outlaws!) with tattoos and statues shown with them. I totally get why people wouldn't like them, or wouldn't want them, but they're definitely no more popular nowadays - there's just way more people and a lot more ways to know about peoples lives now :)

Well mine on my thigh doesn't appear to have moved or got smaller or bigger after a nearly 6 stone loss. When im much older I expect it will slip to my ankle however, lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Tattoos have been popular for thousands of years, people are just more aware of them nowadays. They've actually uncovered mummified corpses thousands of years old (royalty too, not just outlaws!) with tattoos and statues shown with them. I totally get why people wouldn't like them, or wouldn't want them, but they're definitely no more popular nowadays - there's just way more people and a lot more ways to know about peoples lives now :)

You are probably right. Although perhaps there are more women with tattoos these days? I seem to see more.

But anyway, it is not that I object to people having them, it's just that I can't work out why (despite the explanations that people give) - I wouldn't let anyone near me with a needle if it weren't for a medical reason!

I've got a huge one on my back.. I was 18 and a half stone with it.. Went down to 13 stone then back to 20 stone :( and my tattoo never changed

All I'm seeing on this thread is 'Abi, get your tattoos, Abi get your tattooooooooos' haha not my ribs though, dont need to be sat with them out until I've lost a little more weight and Im not no jiggly.

Oh yes. Makes me want it. Must wait. Must be thinner....

I think it did used to be more prevalent with men, but I suppose us ladies are "allowed" to do more these days, whereas women with tattoos (not sure on ancient times, don't think they had gender studies!) were quite a rarity, especially if you look at say the tattooed ladies of the Barnum era, who used to exhibit in freak shows, if definitely stalled for a while, especially in Britain.

Oh no, I totally get where you're coming from, weirdly I'm the same with piercings, I'm guessing you don't have any of those?. I don't object, think they look okay but I can't fathom that - yet I get tattoos - adding extra holes!

" continuous as the stars that shine and twinkle in the Milky Way"

That is a beautiful quote to have for someone... I agree that the "wandered lonely as a cloud" is a little bit depressing for a tribute tattoo. You could have it incorporated into a tattoo version of the Milky Way (which I'm now Googling and thinking would make a fantastic tattoo!)

I totally get why people would want tattoo's... they can be beautiful and sentimental. Piercings or ear lobe stretching on the other hand... makes me squeamish (I only had my ears pierced aged 20 and it took three attempts to get me to go in and have it done!!) but that's just me, if someone else is into that then fair enough.

Oh glad I found this thead. I have been saying for yrs I would like another Tattoo. I have a small flower on my ankle but want something personal to me on my back. My OH is not really into them but he has bought me a two hours tattoo session for christmas. Ekk! Just need to decide what to have done. Does anyone know what sort of size tattoo a 2 hour session would be?

"Your regrets aren't what you did, but what you didn't do"
"Don't fear tomorrow or regret the past; live for whats now and never look back"
Both quotes I think are apt for us peps!

Oh glad I found this thead. I have been saying for yrs I would like another Tattoo. I have a small flower on my ankle but want something personal to me on my back. My OH is not really into them but he has bought me a two hours tattoo session for christmas. Ekk! Just need to decide what to have done. Does anyone know what sort of size tattoo a 2 hour session would be?

That depends upon a few things like intricacy and whether it's coloured or lines or words or shading. Go in and have a look at their portfolios. I had a coloured set of wings done across my back years ago and that was a solid three hours.

It will depend on what you want done.

Mine took an hour...

946250_10151637956543659_1220794913_n.jpg

Thanks guys, I need to book in for a consultation to see what design I want anyway. Got a few ideas, really excited!

Its a nice present!!

Thanks guys!

I have made my decision to go with the second quote:

"Continuous as the stars that shine and twinkle on the milky way"

I am going to wait until I am halfway towards my goal (hopefully in 6 months time- 50 pounds) and then do it! Now I just have to decide where. I am thinking the inside of my arm, the back of my neck or my back but just not sure....

I think that's beautiful and a fitting quote for someone to be with you. Where you have it depends upon how big you want it too. I have script on my foot and obviously it's quite a bit smaller. The bigger you have it the longer it stays perfect....

It will be my first tattoo so I don't want anything to biG. I will probably get it in a book font but i don't know yet....Oh how exciting!

It would really depend on the design and the artist, do you have a few rough ideas? That way you could pop into them, and explain you have the 2hr voucher, that this is the kind of thing you were looking at, and just get their opinion?

I have 9 so far, but a few of them were when i was quite a bit younger, and i would like to have them removed (they will invent a way aside from laser lol) due to quality and placement, but i have been up and down like a yoyo and they have never changed.
I like the idea of waiting though as its fab motivation, and also the £1 for LB idea is good too :)

It will be my first tattoo so I don't want anything to biG. I will probably get it in a book font but i don't know yet....Oh how exciting!

If you would like to see it often, then not your back ;) my friend has just had some done on her forearms so she always see's them (she has MS and they are quite, umm, "screw you i'll go when i'm ready" type ones lol
However the ones that i want removed are also on my lower arm (i have a half sleeve but i then have 4 random wrist ones from donkey's years ago, and as silly as it sounds, anything past the elbow is quite tough to cover up if you ever get dressed up for things x

Do you have a pin terest (no space) account? Have a look on there for font, placement and size ideas.

I REALLY want to go get my next tattoo now (I have another idea beside getting one to mark my target weight!)

Back