tazbabe's show and tell

24.gif
reporting in......

life is hectic here as usual!
latest is we have 2 westies arrived yesterday, my friend found them wandering about, (from their condition they have been abandoned) and she is going away for the weekend, so they are here at aunty taz's for some tlc. we took them to the vet for a once over, apart from a few obvious problems they are basically ok. he thinks they may have come from a puppy farm, both show evidence of recent motherhood. now bathed and sorted a bit, they look much happier, waggy tails all round!

Evening folks and to the new babies:D

24.gif
here comes the weekend!
pity i;m working :(
just waiting for my friend to come back from her weekend away and await her decision. if she is not going to keep them then i have a home for one already! not sure what we will do about the other one, they are both rather sweet wee dogs!
we already have 5 dogs.........

mouth feeling better today, did i say? was at the dentist 3 days in a row this week, been on soup and soft grub diet!
had a really quiet day at work yesterday, for a change, then had to move to another ward for the last 3 hours, medical high dependency, that made me wake up a bit!! all good experience.

got a few days off beginning of next week, hope the rain stays away.

morning,morning :)
wow hdu bet that was exciting ! dental work gives me the shudders...hope you feel better.

Morning guys, so what news on the westies then?

24.gif
my goodness, its nearly lunchtime already!!

work is done for 4 days....... mouth feeling better, still not eating hard things..... had a 24hr tummy bug yesterday.... yuk, better now.

the westies, well, my friend has decided against keeping them, so my other friend is definitely taking the wee one, and today someone has contacted me about taking the other, coming to see her tonight. (we have called them misty and amy). they are looking much better, and begining to relax slightly. they are very happy around the other dogs, but terrified of us, they freeze whenever we go to touch them. but they are good natured, accept whatever we do without protest. poor girls, but i am confident they will come right with good handling and the right homes.

lisa, thank you very much for your offer, very generous! i will let you know what this lady says tonight. i will only let misty go to her if i am sure it is the right home for her.

Morning taz, seems a shame to split them up somehow love

24.gif
well, the girls have both gone to good homes.
the splitting up will be good for them jim, help them develop more fully, left together they would become dependent on each other rather than learning to interact with people. they have both gone to homes with other dogs, and are both getting on well with their new canine friends. i am not sure they were a 'couple' anyway, as they could not be fed together, but they happily ate with my other dogs.

other news.....poppy the pony hasn't been well for the past week, and yesterday the vet said he shared my opinion on her diagnosis, took some blood samples for confirmation. if we are right, her prognosis is not good. she is such a great wee girl, i will be very sad to lose her, but she is in pain, and its not fair to keep her that way if we can help her out of it. she is getting painkillers, helping her a bit.

lots of things keeping us busy just now, some unhappy news about a family member is awaiting a final diagnosis.
today we go for the results of claire's biopsy...........although we are fairly confident that it was a benign tumour (she had a partial thyroid lobectomy 2 weeks ago).

hope all is well in your worlds! sorry, but just no time to read all your diaries just now, which is very rude i know, i keep dipping in a bit, do think about you all, you have been so supportive through lots of things for me, and i am with you all in spirit.

weight issues are big, struggling. i am doing great for 3 or 4 days, then meet a challenge and fail. start again. wondering about cambridge or something, so sick of being a fat blob.

Morning Marty... Great news on the westies but so sad about Poppy and your relative!

No wonder you're struggling with weight with all that going on! It's hard enough to do when things are going swimmingly ! Hugs and hope you find the right route for you xxx

Hi Marty, sounds like a lot going on. ((hugs))

Morning Marty love

Big big hugs to you and Steve - not so great news always comes in a bunch, doesn't it? Here's crossing fingers that all is well with Claire, and I am so sorry to hear about Poppy, we all know how much you love your animal family xxxxx

Morning Marty, it never rains but it pours love.

Back