Taz's Black Belt diary

You'll probably need the two days' rest...I also have two days off a week...

sounds good to me just memba the 1st week will hurt if u over doo it lol xxxx

The first week is already done! last week I trained 5 hours for MA's and went to the gym 3 times and swam twice

goooooooooooooooood x

I put on half a lb this week which I'm not too happy with but I WILL lose that 2 stone by November! I have a new plan and I will stick to it

I have just spent the last hour doing a training log for the entire year! That way I can keep a track of ALL the exercise I do and make sure I am doing enough!

Half a pound will be just water not fat Taz, don't fret...training for a whole year, my you are well dedicated way to go...I have my next six months pretty much mapped out (marathon training)...

Wow, you are doing the marathon? Good on you, running isn't my thing. I have hypermobility syndrome and my knees are worst affected by it so I can't run :(

I have filled in my log for January which was quite pittiful, only managed 13hrs 10mins of exercise in the whole month! February's has started and I hope to double January's!

I have heard that Bristol is in for heavy snowfall from 6pm which isn't good news for me as I won't be able to get to training if that happens! I missed 2 hours on Monday evening as it wasn't safe to drive there so I really can't afford to miss any more!

Oh no! I love the snow but not when it disrupts routine...was just getting over the slushy ice. Ran home from the gym, but had to walk for short periods as the ice was still treacherous this afternoon...

I'm hoping to do the Bristol half marathon September shin splints allowing and an indoor rowing marathon at my local gym in July/August to raise money for a cancer charity. The main training I am doing is the rowing to get the distances up, 30 kilometres will be under my belt come Friday...phew!

I love the rower! Which gym do you go to? I looked at the JJB one at Hartcliffe when I lived over that way but couldn't afford it at the time then moved out of that area

Yep, that's the one I frequent, love it there...the more local ones are fab too, but I like the pool and the steam room as well as the jacuzzi (spa?) from time to time, as well as the classes being free with no extra cost (most other gyms do this now too I should imagine)

I'm a member of the South Glos ones so I have unlimited gym swim and classes at all 5 of the leisure centres! It makes it seem more worth it if I only have time for a quick visit. I only went to the gym for half hour yesterday which was half hour I wouldn't have had if I didn't go but had I paid £5 for the session I would have deemed it not worth it iykwim!

how u gain 1/2 an lbs? ull get it off anyways uno wot ur like ur the slimming world queen lol u still doing tht? xxx

Yes hun I'm still doing SW. I think I gained bacause of ToTM so I am confident that I will shif that and more next week!

I got to training tonight but the Bristol area is in the heart of the weather warnings for tonight and tomorrow. Heavy snowfall is predicted overnight and if that happens I may not be able to get out tomorrow!

Hi :) I'm up the coast from you in SW Wales.. also expecting the weather. :rolleyes:
Hope it doesn't hit you too hard.
Well done on your training! didn't know how much was involved in Black belts. :) I am at the opposite end of the spectrum, being studying karate since the end of October and have my first grading in March. :) All going well :) weight loss will certainly help me get into a smaller gi! ;)

Good luck with your training :)

Reactions: Taz
Hi Purple Hugs, my Gi is size 5 but I have a size 4 here just waiting for me to shrink! the black belt grading is about 4-4.5 hours and is quite intense so I want to be as fit as I can be for that.

Good luck with your first grading, let me know how you do x

I will be missing another 2 hours of training tonight as we have had a very heavy snowfall here over night. It had just slowed to an almost stop but we have about 4" so I can't see it clearing up before this evening. I will have to put in lots of gym sessions next week to make up for the lost exercise

I will be popping to the gym later, fingers crossed, will leave the kids with their grandad, they are off school today...the gym is open but no one has pitched up (clients). First we need to make a snowman...argh!

Back