Taz's diary - Need to do this!

Morning Taz - fingers crossed for Friday x

It's much cooler here too today. And although I love the sunny weather, I am back to work tomorrow so I can do without it being 30 degrees! Have just spent the last few days chilling really. Both me and Mr Taz have had the last 3 days off so it's been nice but while Mr Taz goes back to work for a 3 day week, I am about to start a stretch of 9 or 11 days (not sure how many yet!) so I have enjoyed this rest even more!

We have worked out to day that we may be able to get a short break away at the end of next month. We both have 2 weeks off and have had no holidays since May last year and have none planned for this year. With bills and the car needing some pricey work doing to it, it's not been looking too hopeful for June but we may be able to stretch to a 4 night break which would be nice. Watch this space....
Oh I do hope you achieve it :)

Morning Taz, How are you? I hope you manage to get a break away love.

i need a holiday too taz. can i come???

where you planning on going?
We're thinking of Cornwall Karen. As we will you all our cash to pay for the holiday and fuel to get us there we decided it would be better to go somewhere we know well so we don't get tempted by attractions or souveniers that we wont be able to afford! We are hoping for good weather so we can spend time in the outside pool and visit some beaches. Also our friends have a bar nearby so we will go and visit them.

Hmmm well I know I haven't talked about weight on here for a while but I will now! It's not that I've 'forgotten', I am just maintaining at the moment as my heads not really into 'dieting' and I don't want to gain.

However, whilst my head is sloooowwwwwly clicking back into place, I am having some trouble with someone at work. He seems to thinks it's his place to comment on peoples size. I'm sure he thinks he is just being funny but it really grates on me. It doesn't help that I don't like this guy to start with so I don't see the comments as harmless.

BUT....

Before you all jump on me and say "Just tell him you don't find him funny" or "Report him for bullying.", he is the type who will be nice to your face but slag you off behind your back. He is also a big voice in our depot and there is a lot of gossiping goes on. If I were to say anything to him it will backfire on me and make things worse. So I just have to ignore him and try not to be in the same room as him for too long. I wouldn't mind so much but he's a fair size himself - WHICH I have taken the liberty to point out to him on more than one occassion!

SO.....

I feel now that I just really want to shift all this weight, not only for all the reasons I started for, but as 2 fingers to R.Soles like that!

Oh dear, I just realised I left my diary on a proper downer!

Well it's not all bad.

I have been maintaining my weight recently which is much better than gaining. I have been trying to make good choices where possible whilst still enjoying all the things I like.

Also, tonight I decided to try something I've had in the freezer for a while! It was a ham and cheese pasta carbonara which I thought was just pasta with some sauce! It was a microwave steam-in-the-bag thing. So I cooked it as suggested and was surprised that the contents only had 410 calories in it! Not quite as surprised though as when I emptied the contents into a bowl and found veggies in it!

Now, those who know me know I don't 'do' veggies. BUT..... I ate the peas, green beans and cauliflower! I was well proud of myself! Doesn't mean I will eat it again though but for tonight...... YAY ME!!!!!!!

He seems to thinks it's his place to comment on peoples size. I'm sure he thinks he is just being funny but it really grates on me. It doesn't help that I don't like this guy to start with so I don't see the comments as harmless.

well sounds like he has issues with himself and to make himself feel better he's projecting his own 'issues' onto others. don't fret over it - you're better than that! ;)

have a read of this ...

Psychological projection or projection bias (including Freudian Projection) is the unconscious act of denial of a person's own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, such as to the weather, the government, a tool, or to other people. Thus, it involves imagining or projecting that others have those feelings.
Projection is considered one of the most profound and subtle of human psychological processes, and extremely difficult to work with, because by its nature it is hidden. It is the fundamental mechanism by which we keep ourselves uninformed about ourselves. Humor has great value in any attempt to work with projection, because humor presents a forgiving posture and thereby removes the threatening nature of any inquiry into the truth.
Paleo-anthropologically speaking, this faculty probably had survival value as a self-defense mechanism when homo sapiens' intellectual capacity to detect deception in others improved to the point that the only sure hope to deceive was for deceivers to be self-deceived and therefore behave as if they were being truthful.

In classical psychology, projection is always seen as a defense mechanism that occurs when a person's own unacceptable or threatening feelings are repressed and then attributed to someone else.[1]
An example of this behavior might be blaming another for self failure. The mind may avoid the discomfort of consciously admitting personal faults by keeping those feelings unconscious, and redirect their libidinal satisfaction by attaching, or "projecting," those same faults onto another.
Projection reduces anxiety by allowing the expression of the unwanted unconscious impulses or desires without letting the conscious mind recognize them.

All I have to say is that whoever he is, he ain't even good enough to wipe your ar$e x

Hiya Taz, sorry to hear you are having trouble with this chap at work. I hope something slaps him in the face soon.

Well done on the veggies and the maintaining. Have you had much time for swimming lately?

Hope you discover on Friday that you and Mr Taz will be able to go away for a break xx

Hmmm well I know I haven't talked about weight on here for a while but I will now! It's not that I've 'forgotten', I am just maintaining at the moment as my heads not really into 'dieting' and I don't want to gain.

However, whilst my head is sloooowwwwwly clicking back into place, I am having some trouble with someone at work. He seems to thinks it's his place to comment on peoples size. I'm sure he thinks he is just being funny but it really grates on me. It doesn't help that I don't like this guy to start with so I don't see the comments as harmless.

BUT....

Before you all jump on me and say "Just tell him you don't find him funny" or "Report him for bullying.", he is the type who will be nice to your face but slag you off behind your back. He is also a big voice in our depot and there is a lot of gossiping goes on. If I were to say anything to him it will backfire on me and make things worse. So I just have to ignore him and try not to be in the same room as him for too long. I wouldn't mind so much but he's a fair size himself - WHICH I have taken the liberty to point out to him on more than one occassion!

SO.....

I feel now that I just really want to shift all this weight, not only for all the reasons I started for, but as 2 fingers to R.Soles like that!

I know you can do it, you will, then you'll have the last laugh!

She can - she just needs to be in the right place - it'll happen when it's right x

Thanks for the replies and thanks Karen for the interesting read!

Nomad, not been swimming for a while. Not done anything other than work and sleep for a while! The pills are still making me very drowsy so I don't have much energy for anything at the moment :(

Morning Taz - I hope your colleague treats you OK today - he really does need stopping x

Morning Taz, would you like me to come round and give him a thumping? I would you know.

Funny you should ask......

He came into the mess room today off duty. Someone was taking the pi$$ out of him about what he was wearing and he said it was the only shirt that fit him, all the others were too tight! He then went on to say that he had put on loads of weight lately! I just sat there smiling smugly! Spot on Karen ;)

LOL, Morning Taz love.

Back