Taz's diary - Need to do this!

Taz

Spam Hunter
Ok well as I am doing so badly I have decided (on good advice) to post my food diary here so you can all tell me why I am failing so miserably!

So far today I have ha porridge for breakfast (HEB and A)

Morning snack:
Nestle Kit Kat, Orange 2 fingers
red.gif
Original 5½ Syns
green.gif
Green 5½ Syns

Lunch will be:
Tesco Chicken Breasts in Sweet & Sour Sauce, chilled 370g pack[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 2 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 17 Syns
[/FONT]
Any advice will be gratefully received
[/FONT]

I don't really want to have any more Syns today so any ideas for a free dinner? Green or red as I can Mix2Max can't I?

My favourite dinners on a red are quorn sausages, bacon, eggs. tomatoes or ham and egg salad with ww danish hexb. You could do a stew made with lean stewing steak, bovril and veggies like shallots, carrots, swede etc. Shepherds pie made with extra lean mince and swede topping.

Green I usully have a big bowl of pasta, tinned toms, herbs and maybe some quorn sausages thrown in. Jacket potato with tuna hexb and salad, quorn spag bol.

Here is my menu for the day, green.

2 x muller lights for breakfast (I wasn't hungry)

Scrambled eggs and tinned spaghetti on 2 x ww danish hexb

Apple and orange for snacks and milk for coffee hex a

Jacket potato with tuna hexb, salad and other slice of ww danish. I tsp of low fat spread, 6 x ex light mayo 4.5 sins

Asda also do pasta snack pots which are free and I may have one of those so total sins for the day is 5.5

Roz x

I have bought 2 bags of sweets to take with me whilst training. I will aim to have no more than 4 a day and that should stop me picking at the biscuits etc.

Tesco Mint Assortment each[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

red.gif
[/FONT] Original 1½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 1½ Syns
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]
Tesco Fruit Sherbets each[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

red.gif
[/FONT] Original 1½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 1½ Syns
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]
4 a day would be 6 Syns

How about some syn free chips, with quorn minted lamb burger with salad/ fresh veg?

Thats my fav, or have it with scrambled egg and beans.

ALL SYN FREE!

Good luck Taz you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you B&Q it ( sorry im in a silly mood)

Ruthy xxx

I love silly moods! You carry on ha ha.

I was thinking egg and chips, quick and easy

Very quick and easy and its bloooomin lovely.

Hope your spirit is high and your back on track hun

Ruthy xxx

Getting there. Feeling pretty low at the moment because my weight is going up not down but I'm sure I will be right again soon! I hope!

Just got back from Morrisons and I have bought bacon, eggs, diet sausages and wholemeal bread. That's what I will have for dinner tonight, a nice free red dinner!

Oops not quite a free dinner!
Morrisons Eat Smart Diet, Lincolnshire Sausages, less than 3% fat, 8 pack, chilled 57g each[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

red.gif
[/FONT] Original ½ Syn [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 4 Syns
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]
I will only have 2 of those then for 1 Syn. That brings my total for the day to 9.5 Syns

As Mr Taz wanted a later dinner and I had had an early lunch I decided to have a bacon and egg sarnie (free using bread as HE B) and for dinner I had bacon, 2 sausages and scrambled egg (just 1 Syn for the 2 sausages) followed by a fat free Activia yogurt. I know it's a lot of food but I am really full now so I definately won't be having anything else today

HIYA TAZ HOPE YOUR DIET IS GOING OK AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HUNNY!

AS FOR THE SYN FREE CHIPS I HAVE FOUND IT EASIER TO TURN THE OVEN UP REALLY HIGH, AS THAT IS HEATING CHOP THE POTS INTO CHIPS STICK EM ON A PLATE SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT AND/OR SEASONING AND DING THEM FOR 8 MINS WHEN READY PUT THEM IN THE OVEN FOR 15-20 MINS. i have found that the chips come out dry from the micro which helps them cook quicker, if you par boil them theY stay dampish even if you let them dry off for 5 mins. Give it a whirl.

GOOD LUCK GUYS

RUTHY XXX

Taz you seem to be missing fresh fruit and veggies in your diet (at least from that post). Make sure you get your roughage in girlie!! Fills you up and is good for you too. Plus try not to rely on ready meals (where at all possible of course, I know not everyone has time to cook) as they are loaded with bad stuff, loads of sodium which tends to bloat some people as well.

Good luck honey, I am sure you will get there

xxx

I am crap when it comes to fruit and veg!

Today I have had:

Woke up late so just a fat free yogurt for brekkie

Lunch was buffet supplied by the training academy. I had a sarnie on wholemeal (HE B) with cheese (HE A) ham tomato and cucumber, mini pastry (6 Syns) a plum and a tiny shortbread (4 Syns).

Just had dinner which was bacon and scrambled eggs on toast (HE B)

I also had 4 sweets that I took with me which added up to 6 Syns.

So in total today I have had 16 Syns which I know is too many!

Taz, fruit and i don't get along very well either, but the other day i decided to challenge myself to eat more of it everyday, might have something to do with the fact i won lots of the stuff for being sotw lol, anyway i halved some strawberries and grapes sliced some banana and added some halved orange segments threw the lot in a bowl topped it with a mandarin muller, and i can honestly say my mouth was watering it was delicious, i have had it nearly every day since! give it a try you won't be sorry ;-)

I was just wondering...can you do this diet without having any processed foods? I would think that would be healthier generally. I don't know anything about the diet though...just asking.

Back