Taz's diary - Need to do this!

Sounds good Taz x

Well I have been using MFP for almost a week now and I think it is helping me to think more before eating. I'm not reading labels or restricting myself, I've just gone back to the bare bones of how I lost the weight last year: eating consciously! According to MFP I have been under my 'allowance' every day so if I don't see a loss on the scales on Friday I really will be stumped.

I had an appointment with my chiropractor yesterday and for the first time it didn't hurt! She was really pleased with my progress and found nothing that needed any special attention other than a couple of adjustments in my back which is normal. I was very pleased with that :D

Good news with the chiropractor Taz x

Managed to sneak in a 1lb loss this week. Only just but I will take it :) Hopefully this will be the start of it moving again. I'm really seeing the benefit of MFP, not for calorie counting but for keeping mindful. And it's always great at the end of the day when you 'complete' the diary and it says "If every day was like today in 5 weeks you will be xxx lbs" it's quite a good motivator! I'm going to listen to my Paul McKenna CD again this evening as it's been a while. I really think I'm starting to love it again :D

Well done Taz - the road is a long one but you're really eating the miles now x

Thanks Gem. I missed my mini goal by 4lb but that's ok. I'm feeling quite positive again now and I have a good stretch between now and the next mini goal, I have 14 weeks to shift 20lb so that is completely do-able if I continue as I am.

It seems to have helped me focus more which I think is what was lacking. It's meant as a tool to count calories but, although it allocates and tracks for me, and it's interesting to see, I don't use it for that. But yes, I think it really has given me the boot I needed

If it works for you then its a good tool. I was out for a meal last night and the woman on the next table was extolling the virtues of weigtwatchers while at the same time saying that she hadn't lost much. She was saying that running was the best exercise - then saying she hadn't been out as it was hurting her joints (she was quite big). I think its about knowing what suits you and what you can work with. I think you have done that Taz x

I am often quite amused by people who fly the flag for a plan they have lost no weight on. You just want to say "Are you crazy??" to these people

I was smiling and wanting to shout "Do it yourself - you'll do just as well and you can put the money towards an aquafit session where you CAN exercise without doing your joints in" - but of course I couldn't shout anything as I was sticky-beaking ;) x

Different things work for different people and some people need that weekly group session to help them along. But when it's not working for them you have to ask why they pay all that money!

That's my point entirely Taz. If you go to a class and it works, that's brilliant and money well spent but these classes hook in all kinds of people and one size really doesn't fit all. I have been told SO many times how I should go to weightwatchers, slimming world or some such by well-meaning people who have no idea how I tick. Whatever I do I have to be in the zone - if I was with a group and I wasn't in the zone I would find some excuse not to go and feel the humiliation and if I was in the zone it wouldn't matter a jot whether or not I was in a class - I would do it. Yes I know people will tell me there is no humiliation but its the fact of having to stand before someone who tells me I've done well or not - I never could respond well to that x

Having done the group thing I can see it from both sides. But I refuse to line the pockets of someone who's not helping

That's the point Taz - when you did the group thing the first time it really worked for you so it was worth it. Let's not forget though, it is a huge industry and we are all vulnerable when we are desperate to lose the poundage. I have been involved in some party plan companies who have a certain patter and gradually build a need - slimming groups are similar and can build dependence - so much so that sometimes when people leave the group it all falls apart. That said, for some people it really works and is a means to an end x

I personally think the whole 'diet' industry is a crock. I'd love to see all these cash generators wiped out and replaced with proper support for a healthy life. FOR life

I've got to agree Taz and think diets don't work because as soon as people start eating "properly" again, the weight goes back on. Weight loss is a lifestyle change in respect to food.

Argh I'm waffling, sorry. Enjoy your day x

I think that's what I was trying to say Taz - I was just being careful as a lot of people on here use the diet industry for weightloss. I do think we are entitled to our opinions too and my opinion is that the diet industry is a cash cow that thrives on yo-yo dieting. There are people who will get upset with my opinion and quote successes - that's great if it has worked for someone but it is marketed as the be-all and end-all of success and it doesn't always add up. There you go Nomad - you can't out-waffle a waffler now can you x

Back