Taz's diary - Need to do this!

Ooooo..... will have to check in x

The scales have finally moved! 3lb off this week making it 4st lost in total! I'd say that's a good WI :D Another 3lb will bring me down to my lowest weight but I think it may be too much to expect that 2 weeks in a row. Very happy with todays result though

EXCELLENT TAZ! :party0011: You are looking SO good - and rocking the cycling (along with everything else you are doing) x

No movement on the scales this week :( very close to the next lb though so hopefully next week....

You'll do it Taz - you are freewheeling towards a biggie. You are doing a lot of exercise so maybe adjust your diet so that you get enough calories to feed it or your body might be saving calories to compensate x

I'm definitely eating enough now but I think I probably wasn't a month or so ago so I've made sure I increased it, especially on the days I do exercise.

One thing I picked up today that I thought might be useful to you. The nutrition chap said to ensure we are fuelled all the time, which I know you know. But he also said that when you work hard and fast you burn the glycogen but if you work at a steadier pace for longer, your body learns to burn fat. I wondered if you were working too hard and burning your glycogen rather than fat which is why your weight isn't going down?

Ideally you need to be burning glycogen and fat.

Hope that makes sense!

That makes a lot of sense. A lot of what we do is more endurance than a quick burn like walks and bike rides. Apart from aquafit which is more of a quick burn I guess

Morning all! We've been away on holiday for a week and yesterday was my birthday and we had a brilliant day at Thorpe Park. Checked in with the scales this morning and the damage is 1lb! I'm very pleased with that as I've had a great week and birthday and expected more. Today we are going to the Forest of Dean for a bike ride and a bbq. I have another week off so I should be able to shift that lb and hopefully some more by Friday.

We spent last week in a lodge, which is like a caravan made of wood, on a site in the middle of woodland. The site had a leisure club which had a nice pool with jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. During the week I swam 100 lengths of the 18m pool and did 3 aquafit classes. We also took the bikes to a local forest which has set routes. But the routes were hilly and on dodgy terrain and with the heat made it hard going! Mr Taz didn't cope so well with the heat and the hills so we only did the short route which was 3.6 miles.

When I finished work before the holiday I threw all my uniform away. I have a complete set of smaller uniform in my wardrobe and the trousers are a snug fit so gaining any weight before returning to work could be a little disasterous! But I am quite confident that my uniform will fit me :D

It will indeed Taz - what a star you are x

Well the uniform fits but those holiday lbs are not shifting! I have done quite a lot of exercise this week so I think it may have had an adverse effect :/

........ and the 3.5 mile walk yesterday was a tough one Taz and one for muscle development due to the terrain - so that may not have helped the poundage either. What a day though x

​Another Friday and still no movement! But I am getting more comments about my 'weight loss' so I must be losing inches somewhere

You look absolutely great Taz - the weight-loss has happened and will happen again when your body is ready x

Full steam ahead now for the training for September bike rides. Sunday 14th will be a 45 mile ride around the New Forest followed a week later by an overnight ride from London to Brighton.

*Unashamedly touts for sponsors*

https://www.justgiving.com/ZoeCycle/

Last edited:
Back