Taz's diary - Need to do this!

I'm fine thanks. Glad my weigh in went well. Wasn't sure it would x

Ha Ha Taz. Only 3lb but I had a heavy weekend and hatched the perfect plan and weighed in early, put on loads at the weekend (see Gem's weekly weigh in) and got it off in time for yesterday :) See, perfect crime :D Now I have 1st gone. It could so easily have gone wrong though x :)

Sometimes you just gotta fool your body into doing what you want it to do. See, I have taken a long time to get the willpower to do this and I have to harness it while it's still around. You have been AMAZING. I wish I had 51lb behind me (mind you when I turn round I sometimes think I have HaHa! x

Oh you make me laugh! Yeah it's great to have 51lb behind me, not so great that it was there in the first place and worse still that I have that much to do again!

Don't worry. I'll be with you all the way - I've got shed loads to go and it's not all gonna fly off at 3lb a week. I'm reckoning to settle down between 1 & 3 a week if I'm lucky x

According to your ticker you only have 16lb to go. I wish I was so close to goal! I know I will get there and I know the second half of my journey (I hope) won't be as turbulent as the first half but it's still so far to go!

Don't you believe it. That's my FIRST target. There's more of them to come!

Oh right! Sorry, there's me thinking you are almost there. Small goals are good to keep you focussed. So how much do you want to lose in total?

Too Much but I think I'll start with 4st! So you see, my ticker is only half that and there is more to come after that. We'll be together a while, be sure of that x

I have known for a long time that I need to lose weight but I can't be doing with people taking charge of it for me. If I decide to ditch it for a weekend (like I did) that is my responsibility and I need to do what I have to do to sort it out before or afterwards. It's that ruddy Piggy that sits on the shelf laughing at me that gets me going - I'll show him - I will! x

I wish I was able to do it completely on my own but I seriously lack in will power so I need the help! When I first joined SW I felt in control for the first time. I had the freedom to choose what I wanted to eat but I also knew what I needed to do to lose the weight. It's the only thing that has ever worked for me and I'm now half way there.

In the end Taz it has to be what works for YOU and if that's SW that's what you do. You have done wonderful things and never let anyone tell you otherwise. It would really be a turn off for me and I'd rebel BIG TIME.
Once the willpower kicks in and I get the mind set I don't feel deprived or anything. It's just a lifestyle. I can't really say I'm "on a diet" as there is no "regime" or "plan". I have a good knowledge of nutrition and food values and the ways in which they effect the body. I don't even count calories even though I have a fair idea of calorific values in food. I eat VERY well and have not felt hungry once in the whole five weeks. I did have great fun balancing out that really BAD DIET WEEKEND to make sure I didn't put on at weigh in and was amused and chuffed that it actually worked!
I am not alone though am I. I have everyone on minis. The fact that you find weightloss so hard is a huge inspiration to someone like me who also finds it difficult. Good luck with your return to class and show em all how it's done. x

Thanks Gem, that's really nice!

I went back to class tonight and I have put on 2lb since I last went which was the end of May so I don't think that's too bad.

I think that's FANTASTIC Taz :D That's a long time out in the cold so it could have been MUCH MUCH worse :eek:
Keep going like that and you'll soon be at your next target - GO GO GIRL!!!
:party0038:
:bliss:​

Hi Taz

Have been away for a week or so and have just caught up with your diary. Well done at your WI - only 2lbs since May is really good - particularly as I know its been a struggle. Back on track now and going back to class I'm sure will help - all that extra support from your classmates.

Good luck - onwards and downwards!

Carol x

Been working in France. Flew out to Nantes on Thursday with one of my customers for a course - got back Saturday night at 9pm. Then off to London on Sunday morning to get the Eurostar to Lille for a conference - got back last night. Surrounded by lovely French food for 6 days, croissants and pastries at brekkie, 3 course lunches with wine, champagne reception - AAARGH! Was really good - stuck to my shakes in the day then tried to make good choices at dinner - fish and veggies/salad. Have lost 3 lbs this week - which I'm completely chuffed about and a couple of people I've not seen for a few months didn't even recognise me!!! You'll be back in the zone soon - now you're back at class and those pounds will be dropping off you!

Carol x

Wow you've had a really busy time!

I am back in the zone and looking forward to losing some real weight now. I think I need to take it stone by stone and hopefully I will get there sooner or later

Back