Taz's diary - Need to do this!

Wow! That's quite a target. You are really looking good already Taz. The last couple of stone could be tricky so put your determined head on for that one and don't let it phase you if it moves slower than it has done x

My targets are a little more relaxed this year because I know it won't come off easily. They may also be adjusted if it looks like they won't be met or if my ultimate target isn't possible :D

That's exactly what I intend it to be! I have 4 good bike rides planned so lots of training to do. I hope to swim more this year too, and a few weeks before Christmas I took up a new hobby, Pole Fitness, which I absolutely love and by the end of this year I'm hoping to have lost enough weight and trained enough to be good at it!

Let's all make this our year to achieve the things we really want x

Absolutely brilliant Taz - you are doing all the right things and deserve to succeed x

​Friday's WI was completely uneventful! No movement which was annoying but hopefully it will shift this week. Not getting on the scales til Friday so I won't have a clue til then :)

I haven't even found the scales since Christmas - no point in depressing myself in January - will have to find them sometime in February though and get on with it. Taz - you have done a wonderful job on your weight so if there is no movement this week at least its not a gain x

Still nothing happening here. I am hoping my energy levels will soon return to normal so I can get back to full steam with the exercise

Hi Taz, I know I posted to your thread some many moons ago and with your remarks on Nomads I thought it would be nice if us "oldie" Minis could stick together for support seeing as we are all feeling a bit deserted.. for the want of a better word.. but I'm sure you get my drift.

I see you've done really well and have about a half of your overall weight still to lose.. it would be such a shame to give up now so keep plodding on and you WILL get there!

Take care and I hope those energy levels soon get much better too... :)

Good morning, nice to see I've had visitors! My energy levels returned, I started going to the gym again and was really positive and looking forward to doing loads more then I got struck down by a horrible virus :( I am just getting through it now so I should soon be able to resume my active lifestyle. I have lost 4lb this week but I am quite aware that it's due to the illness so I won't be surprised if some of that reappears next week :/

Well I am trying to reintroducing food at a comparable rate to the return of activity so hopefully it will level out a little. I am still 2lb up from before Christmas so this really is a loss I could do with holding on to!

Hi Taz - brilliant that you are well again. Take it steady and build up - you were very poorly xxx

I haven't been here for a while so I thought I should check in. WI tomorrow morning. The scales, once again, haven't been my friend of late which is very frustrating. Activity levels are back at their peak which makes me very happy. I hit a real slump around November last year and all I wanted to do was sleep. My thyroid medication was doubled in January and it all started getting much better last month. I now feel that I'm back to where I was almost 2 years ago when I got the exercise bug.

My gym membership expired yesterday. No drama, I just have to renew it. But it's significant as I joined this time 2 years ago when I still needed crutches to walk! I started off with AquaFit and when I saw how beneficial that was I increased the amount of classes I was doing. I also swam quite a lot and went to the gym doing a restricted program. From there I built up what I could do and increased the activity as my mobility improved. Now I walk long distances, cycle for miles and miles, still do AquaFit and gym sessions and have just started studio cycling classes.

What a difference 2 years makes!

I have also lost over 4 stone. Yes it's annoying when those scales refuse to move but I can't forget where and what I was 2 years ago :D

Back