Team 1 - **leahs lightweights** offical thread.

Hi everyone!!! I'm here!! Sorry i haven't been around much lately. I have had lots of visitors staying and also have had bronchitis & sinusitis and am still on antibiotics.

I'm afraid the Cambridge Diet fell by the wayside for the last 3 weeks! I wasn't very good. I felt quite fat & bloated and didn't like the feeling. I have my first official weigh in again tomorrow and not really looking forward to it. It will show the damage in black and white. I am trying to just get over it and use it as a starting point for 'phase 2'. So Susan, maybe i should skip the official weigh in this week because it will be a definite GAIN!

But.... i am back! I have been really good today (after a few false starts - it really is hard to start again isn't it). I still have about 10 kilos to go (changing my goal) so i'll be here for a while. I think i will really need to work on maintainence though when the time comes. The break made me realise i have a lot to learn. I just ate all the food infront of me over the break - not good!

This ended up being a long post didn't it! It is great to see the new faces. Hello to everyone and congrats on your loses. very inspiring! Chat soon!

Hey girls!
Glad I joined this team, the vibe is so friendly. thought that I would introduce myself properly.

I am 33 years old and have about 8 - 9 stones to loose. I have lost it before - but was daft enough to put it on again!
I have a 6 year old boy called Ben and a lovely supportive hubby.

I get weighed on a Saturday - so will check in my weight then.

Nice to meet you guys - look forward to supporting you and learning from your experience on the diet.

Morning teamies.xxx

Hope you are feeling better misspiggy, just let us know you weight as and when youi want it included.xx

Hi butterscotch, cant wait to see your losses.xx

Oh my goodness girls - i'm in shock. I got weighed tonight and i lost 1 pound!!! I am excited because i honestly thought the scales were going to say a gain of 3-5lbs after the month off!!! I'm not sure what happened but it was a huge plus for my self esteem! I have been good for the last few days...i guess it fell off! LOVE CAMBRIDGE!!!

It is so nice to hear about everyone else's lives, to know a bit about you all. I thought i'd add mine! My real name is Leeanne. i am 31 and am married with 2 kiddies! Isabella (Bella) is 8 and Sebastian (Bashie) is 4. I'm australian living in london, have been for 2 years and will be probably for another 4. I've been 3-4 stone overweight forever!! don't remember being slim or happy with my body...well until recently! I'm going to attach a pic so you can put a face to the name. (if it works anyway! sorry if it is big) I still have about 10 kilos/almost 2 stone to lose.

Lovely to put a face to a name hunni, you dont look like you need to diet at all hun you look lovely.xxx What a beautiful family you have.xx Did you move to London for work?? Where about in oz are you from?

You lost a lb, fantastic , im soooo pleased for you just the boost you needed.xxx

Think this will be a great week for team1 .xxx

Hi All

:wave_cry:

Sorry not been around for a few days. I had been feeling poorly and have been diagnosed as having palpitations so had to give up the diet and return to "normal food" for 3 days 'till I got in for an MOT with the doc.

Today I have been given the okay to continue with the diet to lose another 2 stone, but must have a banana (Yuck!) a day to up my potassium levels until my blood tests come back. Not sure what effect this will have on my diet, but will have to tollerate it for now!

Doc thinks it may also be stress related wrt driving test - even though I don't feel too stressed...so will watch this space on that one!

Thats me done waffling!

Good luck to all

:D

hope you feel ok hunni.xx

dont worry about the banana it may take longer for you to get into ketosis but its not gona do any harm really you will still be on very low cals.xx

health is the most important thing so listen to your body hun.xxx

Thanks

The daft thing is...i feel okay, a little tired, but I am full of cold too.

I have been reading about other foods that contain potassium, but have realised that if I increase back to 4 CD packs a day that I will be having more than the 3g a day.
I started off on 4 but then dropped to 3 as I am on the height limit.

DT is tomorrow so once that is out of the way, pass or fail, the "stress" should have gone! I should see an improvement!

:)

Thanks

Hi All

Good Luck for your driving test Mooee - and I know how you feel with the cold, mine is now slowly going, it's only taking 3 weeks! Still have the chest infection but it seems to be improving now which is good too, on the downside def TOTM now, but I'm hoping this wont affect next W.I. on Monday night too much.

Miss Piggy well done on your lb loss that's great!

Well I've been a bit busy last couple of days with random things here and there. Cleaned my house from top to bottom this morning (plus hid a bit of washing lol) done half hr on the Wii Fit - really enjoying that now.
Had fruits of the forest shake this am and leak and potato soup about half hr ago...which this time I really didn't enjoy so that's not good seeing as I have another 2 of them for this week. Back to Chicken and Mushroom tonight me thinks :)

Feeling really really cold today which is making my water drinking a bit difficult - just under 1 1/2 litre's gone, so still a bit to go yet.

Hope everyone else is having a good day :) xxx

mooee - good luck with your driving test! glad that you have been given the health all clear to go back on the diet.

alexmummy - would your cambridge councillor change those soups for you? I know what you mean about the water. drinking so much makes you sooooo cold!

miss piggy - what a lovely photo! what a gorgous family you have as well.

thanks again for the warm welcome.
well, I have been on the diet for 10 days now. I feel sooo cold - but then it is freezing outside. I am feeling very hungry - watching come dine with me was a bad idea. I know the hunger feelig will pass - I just have to ride it out.

I have found that I am dreaming of food! does this happen to you guys? weigh in on saturday - cant wait.
xx

Hi Hun
I am going to text my CDC in the morning and see if she will change for me before my next W.I. she only lives down the road, so shouldn't be a huge problem.

I'm on here to keep me from picking tonight - MIL came over, and was v nice, said she can already see the weight coming off my face, which is nice, but she bought round a baguette - and OMG i loveeee baguettes warm with butter, and she's left a bit behind which I am having to fight the urge of eating. I've written my blog so I am re-focused etc and not going to touch it, in fact, I'm going to stick washing up liquid on it and bin it, then it wont be a temptation anymore.

I do find myself thinking of food that I can't have and I guess I wonder, will I ever be able to eat properly again. I know I'll have to maintain and that will be the hardest thing, but will I ever be able to have a Take Away again or a chocolate bar without it ruining me and making me fat again?
Does this make sense? I hope it does in a way, I guess I'm just thinking of the future and what lies ahead of Sole Source.

On the plus I've glugged through 3 litres of water today, and I've done 40 mins of exercise xx

why do people bring food around like that!? It makes life so difficult. good for you binning the rest though. I know what you mean about worrying about returning to bad habits. I have done it so many times - lost the weight and then put it on again. I think perhaps moderation is the thing - we will be able to have takeaways and chocolate - bit every now and then. I really think that exercise is key.
I am going to use this time on the diet to really look at why I have got so big and try and do some soul searching so it doesnt happen again.

Good for you doing exercise now! I want to start - but feel so tired and weak!
you have done so well! you are already nearly a stone off!
keep strong x

Hi all

Hope everyone is doing well.

Yipee...I managed to pass the Drving test today....so relieved!

To celebrate I am off out for lunch to have a chargrilled chicken salad, in place of the banana....I have only had one, but I hate them! So I should get the extra potassium from the meat and salad.

After this week I am not expecting any weight loss, but I will increase my packs to 4 from next week and ditch the requirement for the food/potassium then.

I know what you mean about fresh bread, its a nightmare to resist, so well done you!

Awww well done hun! I remember how nervous I was for my driving test - I actually put my shoulder out two days before and was told to cancel it - well I didn't, although everyone thought I had, and it took so much pressure off me, so on the day I just did it, I did make a couple of mistakes but recovered from them and somehow passed! Was a shocker to everyone who thought I had cancelled!

How is everyone else today? I seem to have recovered from last night and no more craving so far today. W.I. for me on Monday and praying I get into the 15's, I plan to get through them and the 14's as quickly as possible, and work my way down from there. I know it doesn't always work out that way - but fingers crossed, if/when I get passed 14st 2 - then I will truly believe that this diet is going to work, as every other diet or healthy eating plan I've tried, I get to that weight and then it goes back on again rather than down, no matter how much I try, so I think it's like a block in my head that until I get past that milestone I won't totally believe that one day I'll be slim again x

Well done every1 driving tests and alsorts been going on this week.lol

Fantastic all of you.

Im sorry ive not been around much, sadly a lovely friend of mine has been very poory all week and passed away yesterday.xx So have been very busy trying to help her family as much as i can , i wish i could do more.xx

I will sort the result s out now and get them posted.xx

Butterscothch i just remembered its your wi today so i will hang fire with the team results if you could let me know your loss asap I will add them to this weeks totalxx

Good luck at your wi

Hi Guys

Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for the congrats.:D

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Susan.:wave_cry:

I hope we do well with the team weight loss.
I am going to be back on just SS once I get more packs on Monday night. I can ditch the food and use the packs instead for the extra potassium that I need.

I am also starting swimming this week, so hopefully can shift the last 2 stone the next 8 - 10 weeks.

Back