Team 12 - Skinny Minis official Thread...

Oo Oo Oo. Can I be a member of your team please?

My name is Sharon and this is my third week of CD. I did do the diet about 3 years ago but went a bit astray after a couple of months and put it back on and a bit (well lot) more.

I am married and have a 6 year old called Bethany and have a highly exciting job at the county council working in the pensions office.

Pleeeeease can I join :D:D:D

Hi Minnie... nice to hear from you.... and WELCOME! I think we still have one more space after you.... It'll be good to have some more peeps. I see you've been on plan for 3 days now... how are you feeling? You hit ketosis yet??? I never got through the hungry stage.... I'm sad to say I'm still pretty much hungry all the time but I just keep glugging the water and that helps... I'm sure it must be head hunger as I don't feel faint like I used to when is was truly "hungry"!!

Anyway.. as you may have seen I'm the one that drivels on rather a lot so just ignore me if I go of in a tangent (like this)!!

Jules x

Hi Choppy.... well I think you've just taken the last place.... so welcome!!!! Its soooo exciting to have a full team again!! How much did you manage to lose last time?? Did it go back quickly or has it taken those 3 years to creep up on ya??? I did SW 6 years ago and lost 5 stone.... then put that back on and another 2 to go with it!!! Determined I'm gonna to the refeed properly with this (when I eventually get anywhere near goal) and make sure I don't put it back on.... 1 thing Cambridge has made me see is how much I used to pick and the portion says... wow!!!

Jules x

Hi Jules and thank you for letting me join your team - I promise I won't let you or the team down. I've not quite hit K but I will by tomorrow! I am still having headaches though but know these will subside (I did LL last year). My WI is Monday evening. Where do I post my loss?
xxxxx

Hi Jules,

It's great to be in a team. It took about 9 months for my weight to go back on but I did not refeed at all, I just fell off the wagon when I went away and never managed to get back on.

Before I did CD I paid an astonising £3500 to have a gastric balloon and I lost 3 and a half stone which works out quite a lot per stone! I then had it taken out after the maximum 6 months and the weight started to creep back up so I went on CD. When I started CD a couple of weeks ago I was the heaviest I had ever been and after speaking to my consultant at the hospital my only other option is a gastric band :eek: on the NHS. He has referred me and I have to go back in February but I am hoping that next time I see him I will be quite a lot slimmer so we won't have to bother with the band. I don't fancy the idea of the surgery or the fact that I could never have a blow out again!

I had a bit of a bad week last week and don't think this week will be very good as my period seems to have started even though I am on the pill which has no break. I feel really bloated and it shows on the scales. I am hoping for a 3lb loss on Friday night when I get weighed to make the stone in 3 weeks so fingers crossed!

Choppygirl - well done on your loss so far. I am sure you will reach that magical stone on Friday. Good luck hun
xxxxxxx

Ah... I'll keep them crossed for ya... but hey... if TOTM adds it on its only water so it'll be a superb one the next week.... easy to say I know tho cause its so annoying when ya hard work doesn't show on the scales. I'm a serial weigher so I panic if it goes up from one day to another... which is just stupid because if I'm being good the fat can only go down, mind you my cheese snacking is not helping!!!

Mmm gastric band... can't say I blame you for trying this 1st, going under the knife in any circumstance is not good let alone when carrying a few extra pounds, a friend of my mum had one and although she is skinny now she has to be the most unhealthiest person going... she still eats nothing but liquidized junk... would you believe her 1st meal after leaving hospital was liquidized mars bars... and she was proud of it!!!! You've surprised me about the gastric balloon, I didn't realize they could only be fitted for a 6 month period.... and all that money.... thats a complete downer. But hey.... we've gotta forget about our failures in the past as we're going to SUCCEED SUCCEED SUCCEED this time.

Jules x

Hi Jules and thank you for letting me join your team - I promise I won't let you or the team down. I've not quite hit K but I will by tomorrow! I am still having headaches though but know these will subside (I did LL last year). My WI is Monday evening. Where do I post my loss?
xxxxx

I was lucky prior to ketosis... never suffered from any sideaffects, just the hunger.... hope you wake tomorrow feeling fab and no headaches. As for posting ya WI result..... you can either post on here or PM Buffydog (I nominated her as team leader and she hasn't said no so we'll take it that she is, I'm sure she'll be along later to confirm).

xx

hi all,
yeah finally a full team, welcome all.
i`m happy to be leader. thank you
if you all just post your start weight and the weight you lost that week whenever you have wi`s.
i`m offically on 1200, but having trouble, so will be back on ss on monday, its so much easier when food is taken away altogether.
gonna read back on some posts now
#

i didn`t know that about the balloon either, 6 months. well at least you know cd is never gonna amount to that much.
well done for getting back to it, quite alot of people would have just opted for surgery

Are you feeling any better now Buffy?? Ya been doing much training for your run??? Are you running or walking?? I only did the 5K one and I walked!!! Maybe I'll run next year when theres less weight on me ole knees!! x

i`m sure we can all help each other stick to it 100%
good luck with the rest of the evening. x

posted at same time.....lol
i`m half running it, i`m managing to do 5.5 miles in an hour............which is really good for someone who never ran before sept.
only got 1 day of training left, as your supposed to wait 24 hours in between runs. stomach still not right, but narrowed it down to eating junk, jammy dodger yesturday, white bread..........granary bread doesn`t affect me. but i`m finding it so hard to stop eating when not hungry, it`s like i wanna taste everything beofre mon.

Yeah... can't say I blame ya.... but you've not got much further to go now and you'll be at goal... then you can taste it again... gradually that is!!! x

i know, but this week is gonna set me back i`m so mad with myself, but then because i`m mad i eat.. i think if i was moving up the plans slowly your head would have time to adjust, but going up like this is so hard.
gotta stop whining now...........lol
once i get back on it, i`ll have a good 1st week which will hopefully make up for the damage i`m doing.
glad to hear you conquered the cheese.

Well its 5pm and I have stuck to it all day, I have had one soup and one shake and 3 litres so far, am going to save my last shake for when my last client has gone at around 8 tonight, I must admit to thinking about food a whole lot, my daughter is 5 tomorrow and I sent her into school with a birthday cake to share with her friends and they have ruddy well sent a few slices home, it just smells soooooo good, I can smell the chocolate frosting throught the plastic box!! Can't wait for hubby to get home so he can eat it. I have another cake for tomorrow but I only got a diddy one so that my hubby, son and daughter can all have a nice chunk but then there wont be loads left to call me for days after.

Cant stop going to the loo too! At least its extra exercise lol
Speak to you later
Sam x

well done on resisting cake, give it to the rest of the family as dinner.....lol
i`ve spent my afternoon searching all local pet shops for a rex rabbit.
no one has any, but theres one by the run, so gotta try and sort out collecting it afterwards on sunday. didn`t realise the rabbits were so rare in wales....lol
trying to find a double cage under £100 is impossible too.
feel a bit guilty that its gotta live outside when winters coming too, maybe i should clean out shed first.

I know exactly what you mean, the kids wanted a rabbit but I couldnt get used to the idea of it staying outside so I managed to talk them round and got my beautiful little kitty Barnaby, she is half persian and is gorge! Have you been looking for a rabbit for long hon?

Hi there ladies....

Well done on sticking to it today Sammy, I'm finding it so tough today... its my hubbys birthday and his mother cooked him 2 damn cakes and sent them home with him!!!!! As well as those we have a fridge full of drink and chocs.... Nightmare!! Nevermind... just gotta keep busy till 10 then I can have my yummy bar!!!

Stay good.

Jules x

Back