Team 13 - Shape Shifters Official Thread

Hi Teamies,

Glad your little ones are better Rayven, it is sooo hard when they are home a lot, I dread tea time in my house :(

Well done you Amanada, am excited to see what your weight loss tomorrow :)

I am doing well, the cottage cheese is calling but I am 100% SS today - am really trying to commit to what I am doing and stick to it, I really appreciate the control it gives me, usually I feel food controls me :(

Isn't it interesting how we view ourselves - i really relate to what you said previously Rayven - i wonder how we can change that??

Isn't it interesting how we view ourselves - i really relate to what you said previously Rayven - i wonder how we can change that??

Psychiatrist?? lol Seriously though, its a major problem - i know now that when i was just under ten stone i was no-where near being fat and was actually verging on skinny & yet when i looked in the mirror i saw exactly the same thing i see now!
Hopefully now i'm a bit more mature i'll be able to appreciate the fact that i'm shrinking. Half the problem though is that the smaller i get the more i compare myself to thinner and thinner people. At Christmas i was wholely aware that i was pretty much the biggest mum stood in the playground picking up her kids, now i'm not but i'm now stood there thinking, 'well, i'm not as skinny as her yet', but when i get to that size i'll then start comparing to someone even smaller.
I don't think celebrities help either - i'm constantly comparing to this celeb or that one which sooooo just makes you feel bad.

Evening all,

Been a fairly uneventful week so far. Certainly looking forward to the weekend though. Off to the Opera tomorrow night ( not usually my kind of thing, but I went to last year and loved it) and then to see James Morrison on Saturday. Can't believe I don't do anything for 6 months, then end up going out 2 nights on the trot! Really looking forward to it though.

I know exactly what you mean about comparing yourself to others Ray. I only pick my daughter up a couple of days a week, but I stand in the playground constantly comparing myself. I think I am losing the weight as much for her as for me. Just looking forward to being able to run about with her and not feel out of puff after a minute. Looking foward to not being a fat mummy anymore.

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow Amanda! Must be a great feeling getting so low.

How has the SS day gone Sarah? The control thing is great. I love it when I can feed my daughter and not pick at what is leftover! It is difficult at the time, but so satisfying when I don't give in.

I weighed in this evening and lost 7lb - it was a 10 day weigh in though. That is now 1.5st in 3.5 weeks. Glad it is coming off, although not expecting it to continue like this! Not got a weigh in for another 12 days now, so stocked up for my break in Wales.

Jemma x

I weigh

Glad to hear the kids are better today Ray :)
Hope ss has gone well for you today Sarah :)
Fantastic loss Jemma! :)

Please copy, paste and post your results below. Ta x

Count210 175lbs -7lbs =168lbs (4%) let me know if that's wrong

Hi girls,

Flying by as my little one isn't well, ended up with a visit to hospital last nigth as he has seizures and it was triggered by an ear infection - feeling good tho coz i stayed on plan, changed it to 810 as i went 6 hours without a pack or a drink but came home and had cottage cheese, salad and some chicken..

Speak laters...

Hi Teamies,

Am struggling today but have lost 4lbs this week so it makes it feel better :)

Diet4-40 -4lbs..

Sorry for haste - been a very odd day xx

Bless you, Sarah :) Hope your son is ok now :)
Well done to you for staying strong and congratulations on the 4lbs loss :) Can you let me have your weight in lbs so I can add it to the results, please?

Just back from my weigh in and I lost 6lbs! So happy. Aiming for the 10s next week now. Fingers crossed!

Count210 175lbs -7lbs =168lbs (4%)
Amanda71 163 -6lbs =157lbs (3.68%)

With Sarah's 4lbs too, it looks like a good team result for this week :) Please post your own asap. Ta muchly

Morning all :)
Hope you're having a good day, so far :)
Hope you're ok Julie. Haven't seen you about. Working very hard, no doubt!
Haven't seen or heard from Mary. Hope she's ok too :) Will pm for results in a minute. Would be nice to have a full set :)

Diet4-40 209lbs -4lbs =205lbs (1.91%) are these figures correct?

I'm off to face my fear of reptiles this morning. Trying not to think about it too much before I get there but easier said than done. Wish me luck!
Have a good day everyone :)

Rayven 221lbs - 2lbs = 219lbs

Well, only lost the 2lbs i put on last week :( but as i've been really struggling I guess any loss is good.

I am actually really struggling with it mentally. Physically i don't think i have a problem sticking with the diet but after doing so well at the beginning of the year & having a break from it, i appear to have hit a mental block.
I know i still need to lose more weight - i know i should be getting back to some kind of plan but i just can't seem to get back into it. :sigh: I think because i lost like 3 stone in the space of 12 weeks i've been patting myself on the back and revelling in the fact that i can fit into clothes that i couldn't even get on at the beginning of the year but that hasn't actually helped me stay on track.
I think its time to sit down and have a firm chat with myself. :copon:

Rayven 221lbs - 2lbs = 219lbs (0.90)

Morning, Ray :)
Well done on the 2lbs off :)
I know EXACTLY what you mean :) I think this is where I have been stuck. I know I look so much better than before and people keep telling me how brilliantly I look. Nice as it is, it's not always helpful-just makes me think 'well if I stopped now it wouldn't be so bad. I've done so well etc'.
Had a chat with myself after my hormonal eating on sunday and with renewed determination have stuck with it since and it showed on the scales. Hurrah!
I did brilliantly until Christmas, came off and struggled to get back on properly and completely. I have finally broken past 11st7lbs officially, and think my head is in the right place to push for the finish line now :)
I think it's good to have mini targets to keep you focused :)
I hope something in there makes sense lol
Have a fab day :D

Hi Amanda,

Really sorry I did not get back to you before, I have not been online much.
The weight details you had for me are wrong. I wish I was 168lbs as that is my first target, but my weight at the mo with the 7lb lost this week is 199lbs.

Very short post, will hopefully catch up tomorrow.

Jemma x

Thanks for letting me know. Not sure how I managed to misread it. Well done on dropping below 200lbs-1.5st loss in 3 wks is brilliant! :D Have a great day :)

Count210 206lbs -7lbs =199lbs (3.4%)
Amanda71 163lbs -6lbs =157lbs (3.68%)
Rayven 221lbs - 2lbs = 219lbs (0.90)

Last edited:
Have just submitted the 4 results we have. No news from Julie or Mary-hope they're ok :)
Count210 7/206x100 (3.4%)
Amanda71 6/163x100 (3.68%)
Diet4-40 4/209x100 (1.91%)
Rayven 2/221x100 (0.90)

Overall 19/799x100= 2.38%!!!!!!!!!

Where are you all? Hope you've had a fab weekend! :D
Well, it's the start of two weeks off from work for me. I always manage so much better when I am at work so these will be testing times! Planning end of term days out used to be based on where we were going to have lunch and work back from there-guess that shows the degree of obsession with food lol!
Anyway, just popped on before we get ready to go out. Meeting up with some friends. We'll be taking the children to an indoor play area. I'll be bringing 2 litres of sparkling water and a peanut crunch bar.
Hope you all have a great day :)

Hi Amanda, Hi teamies,

Just popped on quickly, must get some work done this morning!

You sound very organised with your 2 weeks off Amanda, I struggle too when my normal routine is disrupted - what are you doing over the Easter weekend? I'm not sure yet :/

Hope everyone else is well, will pop back on laters..

Good to see you, Sarah :) How is your son?

No definite plans for Easter weekend. Dh is working very long hours right thru from the thurs to tues(!) so looks like my job to occupy ds(no change there! lol). Stepsons will pop over at some to point to give ds his egg. My mum's boyfriend(a very long story that I'll save for another time) has gone back home to oz for ten days so I'm expecting to see more of her ;)
Well, plans have changed now. My friend and her daughters should be here any minute. Planning some time in the garden and a walk to the park to wear them out as the weather is so nice :)
Back later x

Hanging my head in shame. I ate three choc digestives and a handfulof bbq pringles :( But at least I stopped there :)
Back on track this morning. No apparent gain on the scales but felt bloated so guess there's some water back.
Planning a day in the garden. Plenty to do de-catpooping a flowerbed and putting down bark. Have just invited my mum, niece and nephew down at lunchtime too. That should keep me busy and burning off those extras ;)
Hope you all have a good day :)

Morning everyone :)
How did your family event go, Juile? Hope you're ok :)
I'm taking ds over to my mum's today. Just about to pack him a lunch.
Hope you all have a good day :)

Hellooooooooooooo...............is there anyone out there?
Ate two malted milk biscuits last night :( What is wrong with me?!!!
Weighing in tonight(a day early) and I can't see that there's been any loss on my scales at all-and it's all my own fault! :(
My scales are still showing 11st0.5lbs. I really was hoping for a 10st something!
Nevermind. No wallowing in self pity for me. Off to my sister-in-law's today. Determined to stick to water all day :)

Hope you're all well :)
Can you post your losses below asap, please? :)

Hi Amanda - I'm still about but with the children at home i'm busy, busy, busy! Good news is the two cambridge shakes & a low fat, low cal meal seems to be working for me.
I'm weighing in saturday morning so will post then.

Hope everyone is having a good week and resisting those easter eggs in the shops! lol

Back