Team 13 - Shape Shifters Official Thread

Hey guys! Things are rather hectic here as we've decided to move 300 miles to Herefordshire! Needless to say that the diet has all but gone out of the window & i daren't weigh in for fear of what the scales say!
I have about 2 weeks worth of cd (enough for me to do ss) so am contemplating kick starting the old weight loss by doing that for a couple of weeks.

Hi Ray :)
Welcome back to CD(even if it's only for a couple of weeks lol). I had just posted to advertise for two new members but will keep it to just the one replacement for Mary until you tell me you've stopped for good :)

awaistplan(aka Li) has asked to join our team on the thread. I have emailed her to come and introduce herself so hopefully she'll be here later and become a regular poster on our Shape Shifters thread :)

I'm feeling a little less stressed today:) Found another CDC quite local to me that will take me on continuation if needs me. However my CDC said today(I work with her!) that I can order my next four weeks as planned and if I need to weigh in to keep me on track that she'll make an exception for me. I am very happy!
And, the icing on the cake(sorry for food reference lol), I actually lost 1lb this week which is an absolute miracle as far as I'm concerned! lol :D
Dh is on a motorbike weekend at Butlins, Skegness so I will probably be around loads. See you later :)
I'll start the list below for weigh ins. Please copy and add your own. If you haven't weighed this week then just add to that effect :)

Amanda71 155lbs-1lb=154lbs (0.65%)

Evening All,

Hope everyone is o.k. Sooooo glad it is the weekend.

Fantastic news about the move Ray, what prompted that? Do you know people in Herefordshire? Have you found a house? How exciting it must be, loads of questions to ask you!!

Well done on your loss Amanda - how do you keep doing it? You're amazing. So close to goal now, it must be fab.

Count210 193lbs-3lb=190lbs

Have a great weekend.

X

How rude of me not to comment on your moving, Ray. Sorry :( Please tell us all about it. Where? Why? When? :)

There's nothing amazing about my losses, Jemma. I should have been at goal ages ago but really struggled to get back to it after coming off at Christmas. With hindsight, I should have stayed on it! I just try really hard not to let a nibble turn into a full blown scoff-fest! I dust myself off and keep trying. Really feel like I'm getting there now :) Single figures to a healthy weight is making me smile and keeping my resolve! Have spent the last two hours thinking about nothing apart from what I could eat but I am consoling myself with another litre of water and a peppermint tea :D
Well done on your 3lbs loss. Excellent result :)

Count210 193lbs-3lb=190lbs (1.55%)

Last edited:
OMG i wrote an essay!!! lol (sorry)

Fantastic news about the move Ray, what prompted that? Do you know people in Herefordshire? Have you found a house? How exciting it must be, loads of questions to ask you!!

My hubbys grandparents live in Herefordshire & his parents live about an hour away in Wales. I really wanted to move to Wales (as its gorgeous country down there) but with 50% of lessons now being taught in Welsh in most schools in Wales i didn't want my girls to be miles behind everyone else because of the language barrier. So Herefordshire is the next best thing as its really close to the Welsh border - so you still get the cracking views - but everyone speaks English (no welsh accents either) - its amazing what a difference a half an hours drive makes down there.
We'd been contemplating moving for ages but i thought it was just a pipe dream - something we talked about but would never actually have the brass ones to do ;). But we went to visit Adams Grandparents & Auntie (she's disabled so still lives with her parents) over Easter - they have two properties on the same piece of land (very large piece of land) - the farmhouse which they live in and a rather gorgeous log cabin - which they use to let relatives stay in when they come to visit (Adams dad used to live in it before he passed away). It has a gorgeous woodburner & an absolutely stunning view. (its down a coutry lane in the middle of nowhere!)
Well i thought that maybe we could use it as a stepping stone if we wanted to move - you know, stay there until we find somewhere else & asked Grandad whether we could. He said that staying there temporarily wouldn't be a problem but said that what he was really looking for was someone to live in it full time to help out with Auntie Erica and with the land (they have several fields and stables) as he can't do as much as he used to - and eventually when him and Grandma passed have, whoever it was, move into the farm house with Auntie Erica to help take care of her so she doesn't have to go into a home. (Apparently her brother and sister have said they don't want to look after her - so grandad is out of options :sigh: Bless him)
Sooooooo.........(sorry i'm going on a bit! lol) after a LOT of talking & planning (reading up on Ericas illness - she only really needs her meals cooking for her and her washing etc done) - we've decided to move :D Grandad is sorting out an extention for the cabin so that its big enough for us and all the kids & hubby is now looking for a new job. I've found a gorgeous little village school for the kids (which we're going to visit in a few weeks) and am currently sorting through our boxes of stuff.
Told my Mum and the girls Dad yesterday & although they're obviously upset we're moving so far away they understand that the life we could give them over there would be so much better. (the school Elies is due to go to in September - if we were to stay here - is in the lowest 3% in the country! :eek: And being council tenants we don't really have a lot of options in that respect)
So We're busy, busy, busy. All very daunting & i'm feeling a little anxious (as i've lived in Norwich my whole life) but all very exciting too! :D

That sounds like a fantastic opportunity that you can't let pass by :)
Best of luck to your husband with the job hunting :)
It all sounds really exciting, even if a little scary! How quickly do you think this will all happen?

PS Really need another weigh in so that we can have the three results for the team challenge. Anyone? :)

Rayven 216lbs - STS = 216lbs

Sounds absolutely great Ray, I am soooo jealous! It really idyllic. I hope Adam finds a job soon and you manage to get things sorted in Norwich. I am sure it will be a huge change for all of you at first, but so worthwhile long term.
Would love to get away from it all with Imy and Mal. Imy has only just started school and there is so much pressure on her already with homework and activities. Cannot imagine being in Northampton for more than another couple of years. We are going to a Emigrate show (unfortunately not until October), but would love to look at living abroad. Quite fancy Canada.

Any joy with a new member Amanda? Have you had a good day? I have been really hungry today. Cooked Mal a tofu stir fry for tea and really wanted to have some. Just had another glass of water and my bar though. I am beginning to think I am really going to struggle to get back on SS after my 810 week at the end of May and wondering if the 810 week is such a good idea. Imy is going to eurodisney with my mum, so Mal and I have booked an overnighter at Titanic Spa in Huddersfield as a treat. It was a bargain 2for1 offer on Lastminute - £99 for the 2 of us with lunch, dinner, overnight stay and use of their pool/gym etc. Thought if they did not have anything suitable for dinner we can take along bars/tetras. Really looking forward to it, but going to be difficult not to fall off the wagon completely. Shall just have to swim lots and use the gym! Might not be as relaxing as anticipated!!

Have a good evening

X

Have had interest from Li to become our new team member but haven't heard from her since asking her to come on the thread and introduce herself. Not sure that bodes well lol
Well done on resisting the stir fry. I don't what to suggest about your 810 week :( I know I struggled to get back to ss but it doesn't have to be the same for you :) The spa sounds lovely. If it goes wrong just remember not to let it get any worse and get back to it asap. The longer you leave it the worse it gets.
Must admit I just had a miniscule morsel of pork & sage stuffing. Only about a centimetre square. Am going to dish up their roast and then have my shake. I've been trying to leave my lunchtime shake until teatime at the weekends so that I still have a bar for later. I am feeling as though it's too long though, especially as I did 45 minutes aerobic and yoga on the wii fit and then my first, 15 minute, cardio workout with my wii fitness coach. Hope I can move tomorrow! lol
Anyway, just about to submit our results so must get to it or dh and ds wont have any tea :)

Just had a message from Li. She's actually away from home until 9th May so will be along then. I've said we'll keep the place for her. Hope you're all in agreement :)

Hi guys - Well after a very lucky sts last week - had been eating anything and everything so lucky not to gain - i have decided to start back on SS. was going to start this morning but found to my dismay my very expensive smoothie maker had broken! :( So......went searching today for a cheaper option & ended up getting one of those hand blender thingies.......so all on form to start tomorrow. We're heading back to Herefordshire in 2 and a half weeks and would like to have lost some more weight by then. Am going to try and post a couple of pics of the village we'll be living near but have no idea where to start. Will have a go though.

Hi Ray :) Bad news about the blender. Best of luck with your restart tomorrow :) Look forward to seeing some pictures too :)
Hi everyone else too :)
Hope you're all having a good day. Hope you're not working too hard, Julie :) Haven't seen you about in ages.
Hope the restart is going well. Sarah. Let us know how you're getting on :)
Why Canada, Jemma? Have you got relatives there or anything? I've thought about Australia. Dh would be quite keen but he think's he's getting a bit old to do it the work route lol.
I've got a bit of a headache and my sinuses don't feel right. Totm is due in the next few days so isn't helping. The other teaching assistant I work with has a virus so I'm wondering if it'll be me next. Was thinking about doing another workout using 'my fitness coach' on the wii but I'm erring towards a hot bath and pyjamas!
Hope you all have a great evening :)

Hi All,

Get those p.j's on Amanda, leave the Wii for this evening if you are feeling dodgy.

Hope you manage to get some pics on here Ray. Let us know how your next visit goes. So excited for you.

I fancy Canada as not quite as far as Australia, still no language difficulties (unless we go for a French speaking area) and they would probably take my husband with his current occupation. We have no family out there, but we do not have family living very close at the moment. Might all be pipe dreams at the moment but there is no harm in looking and seeing what happens.

Started with a new CDC this evening, as was struggling with my last one. New lady seems lovely and had time for a good chat which made a nice change. Lost 4.5 lb this eve, she callibrated the scales in front of me, so hoping it wasn't just her scales being nicer! Have now lost 2 1/2 st in the 8 weeks of SS. Pleased with that and looking forward to getting to my first target of 12st (still 1st 3lb to go). Hoping to lose another 7lb before my week of 810 at the end of May.

Speak soon

Jemma x

Canada is supposed to be lovely and clean, with plenty of space :)
I just fancy somewhere warmer, especially with days like today ;)
4.5lbs loss :wow:You're doing brilliantly!
Couldn't even be bothered to lay in a bath but I have scrubbed my make up off and snuggled up in my pyjamas :) I'll be having an early night, I think :)

Well, what an unusual day today. Other lady in my class final succumbed to the virus and stayed at home so I was on my own with the class teacher. All was going well until a local house exploded at lunchtime!!!! We could see it from the playground/classrooms so that was the unavoidable focus for the afternoon. Thankfully there were no fatalities :) If you live in Kent or the South East it'll probably be on the news tonight. Thing is I live in the cul-de-sac nearby so it's only about ten houses away. My neighbour said the whole house shook!
I'm hoping for a quieter day tomorrow lol :D

PS I know I shouldn't weigh myself all the time (I normally limit myself to first thing every morning) but I was 10st12lbs just a minute ago, which is rather strangely less than I weighed this morning and I've drank 3 litres of water and a shake so I must be burning some serious fat :D

Hi All,

Sounds like another eventful day Amanda! How are you feeling today? Great news about being in the 10's, I am desperate to get into the 12's at the mo!

All quiet here today. Work fairly uneventful and home is the same. Nice for a change, normally something is happening.

Going for a 40th Birthday meal for a friend of mine on Friday, so that should be interesting. There are 6 of us going, and they have all been in the internet looking at the menu and planning their starters, main & puddings. I have had a look and as it is Italian going to hard for me as a veggie. Lots of pasta or rice based dishes. Should be interesting. Going to fill up on water before....

Take care X

Hello there

Well done on the weight losses hopefully I'll be joining in this week !

Sorry been so scarce but life has overtaken me...as for the CD I start in the morning do fine until home at teatime then pick my way through the evening.

My daughter, aged 15 has continued to be unwell and is again in hospital (she was in last week for 4 days). She has an ongoing heart condition and is normally ok but has struggled in the past fortnight.

I'm probably going to have to cancel my weigh in this week but i'll let you know

Thansk Amanda for trying to recruit more members
with love

Hiya peeps, well things are stressful at home! We've decided to bring moving date forward to the weekend of the 26th June, so pretty much 8 and a half weeks away!!!! We've done this so that the girls can ease their way into their new school by starting the last two weeks before half term and then have a long break during the summer before starting again. But everything is now a little frantic, i've got so much stuff to sort through, send to the charity shop, bin or pack. I honestly didn't think we'd held onto so much stuff!
Anyway - Adam still hasn't found a job, but then being 300 miles away i think its going to be a miricle if he gets anything before we move as he can't really get down there for interviews. a 600 mile round trip is a little much to do in a day!
Diet is......well.......its not going brilliantly but at least i'm not gorging myself on anything and everything - so hopefully will have a small loss this week.

Back