Team 13 - Shape Shifters Official Thread

Hi everyone :)
Nice to see you all :)
Sorry to hear about your daughter, Julie. I hope this week goes better for her. It's no wonder you're struggling. Why don't you try 810 and then nibble on allowed things, or an even higher plan to ease yourself back in :)
Good luck with all the sorting and packing, Ray. It's amazing how much stuff we just seem to accumulate. An ideal opportunity to have a clear out though :)
Today was pretty uneventful. Other TA still not back so a bit busier than usual. I have my final observation for my NVQ tomorrow so looking forward to getting that over with!
Anyway, I'll be back in a bit. I'm going for my weigh in at 1830, two days early! As I said before my CDC is stopping so I'll be picking up three weeks worth. You'll have to make sure I stay on track to reach my target, please :D

:wow: I'm in the 10s!!!!!!!! I am a happy camper!
Loss for the week is 3lbs. I'm in shock. It's totm tomorrow and I feel pretty bloated and it wasn't a full week either. I am delighted and really feel like I'm getting there now :)

Amanda71 154 -3lbs =151lbs (1.95%)
Count210 189.5 -4.5lbs =185lbs (2.37%)

Well, I am exhausted this evening. Had my final observation this morning. It went really well :)
Full day and then staff training afterwards. Can barely keep my eyes open so I think I'm going off to bed very soon.
Looking forward to the long weekend :)
Hope you're all well. Need more weigh in results, please :)

I'm happy to add my weight however I'm not going to CDC tomorrow but have changed my appt for next week so I now have 6 days to become a saint.
Amanda I did attempt to do the 850 diet but i found it so so difficult - it just made me want to cheat as I was allowed bits of things so in my head it gave me a free licence to pig out so here I am, pretending to restart and my weight for today is STS

Imac 209 pounds - STS

Hi Julie :) You're either up very late or very early!!!! Best of luck with your restart. You can do it! Only thing I can say is water, water, water. I know I can end up doing 5 plus litres a day in that first week of getting back into it. Sending you positive energy :)
I'm actually dreading the 810 plan more than any of the others. Seriously considering just a week of it if I have to and then onto the 1000 plan!
I can't say I've maintained my saintlyness(sic I know it's not a word lol). After my successful weigh in, patting myself on my back blah, blah, blah. Hormone monster and stress of observation etc............I ate one small bag of crisps and two bourbon biscuits. I'm not going to beat myself up though. It was a small amount of each compared with what I would have eaten previously and it's over with. Some harm done but hopefully not too much over the week.
Interestingly, our staff training last night incorporated stress triggers, relief etc. Food cravings are a classic and chocolate and crisps are one and two of the top ten! lol So, lesson learnt, even this far into my journey I haven't conquered all my demons but I am conscious of what I am eating and why which is the first step. And, I suppose, making a conscious choice to eat those things but in a limited quantity is another step. It's just up to me to make sure that it doesn't escalate to two packets of crisps and a barrel of biscuits, and that it's not every day! After all, the thing about getting back to food and eating like a slim person is to not restrict a particular food and to have everything in moderation :D
Have a great day all. Must get to work. See you later :)

Have eaten again today :( Haven't gone silly but not the plan! I am glugging the water like mad now and will not weigh myself for the next few days.
Hope you've all had a good day :)
How did you get on Julie?

Good morning - well done Amanda on getting to the magic 10 - inspite of life,work and study you've done it !

My daughter is now home and hopefully life is back to normal - til next time !! She has fits linked to her heart rather than her head (like epilepsy) so she has a pacemaker fitted but sometimes doesn't recover properly so has periods in hospital.

I spoke to my CDC and decided to go next week but have a "saintly" week of SS with NO picking. Yesterday was day one and I did it. I must have drunk my own body weight in black coffee and water.
and yes i'm up late rather than early - I have really bad sleeping habits, a legacy from 20+ years of working nights. Generally I sleep around 5 hours between 2.00am and 7am. Rubbish I know but its "my time".
So far this morning, boiled water, regular water and now coffee...will have first shake in about an hour.
Have a lovely weekend everyone and keep on glugging !!!

with love x

Well done on your first day back on ss, Julie :D
I'm guessing with all that fluid you'd only manage 5 hours sleep without a bathroom break anyway! lol
Glad to hear things are settling back down for you and that dd is recovering well now :)
Have just done 30 mins yoga and step on wii fit and 15 mins cardio with wii fitness coach to try and minimise any damage. Dh is on his last night tonight, thankfully. I will be having an early night. Might even sit in bed with my laptop(furthest room from kitchen!) and make a start on my next unit to keep myself occupied :)
Off to my mum's now so ds doesn't wake up dh too early. Nothing like a miserable man to make you want to thump him one and eat a pizza! lol
See you all later x

Hi Folks,

Sounds like everyone has been mega busy!!! Lots of stress and difficulties, so impressed those of you sticking to the diet :)

I'm all over the place at present but slowly getting back into it..

weight this week STS

Catch up properly after the bank holiday weekend .xx

Great to hear from you, Sarah :) Look forward to catching up soon. Have a great weekend :)
Back from mum's. Trying to help her sort out her very overgrown garden. Five hours, industrial strimmer and a hedge trimmer later, and she has a lawn again :) Both my baby brother and I can barely feel our arms. Ds was hitting the bushes with a stick as his uncle cut them. Invaluable lol :)
Home with my feet up now. Definitely an early night! :)

Hi All,

Had my meal out for my friend 40th Birthday last night and I was an icon of virtue!!!!! Went to a fab Italian restaurant and I wanted at least half the starters, most of the mains and the entire desert menu. What I had was a filo pastry tartlet for my main, filled with mushrooms, broccoli and marscapone and salad without dressing but it had peppers, red onion etc in. I did not manage to eat all the filo pastry as was so full, but scoffed everything else. It was very odd not to eat loads though, and feel full so quickly. I did glug quite a bit of water and drank 2 coffees, but the best bit was actually having a night out. Have felt like a recluse for the past 8 weeks. I have been testing every wee (sorry TMI) with Ketostix today and it says I am still in ketosis. Can that be right?? I am not hungry, so I think I may be, but surely if I have eaten cheese, pastry etc it should knock me out of ketosis? Not really sure what is going on.

It has been lovely weather today. Imy had gymnastics this morning and dh and I have joined the leisure centre gym so we can have a workout there a couple of times a week and use the pool, but mainly so we can go while Imy is doing gymnastics. May as well not be wasting an hour sitting waiting for her. My walking is up to around 20 miles a week now. Only a couple more weeks before my midnight sponsored walk. Looking forward to it, but staying awake will be a struggle!

Lovely to see you back on here Sarah and Julie - hope you are both o.k.

Glad to here your daughter is back out of hospital Julie and that you survived yesterday on SS. That is great news. How has today gone? Cannot believe you survive on 5 hours sleep a night - I about 5 last night and have been a complete grump today!

Hope you have had a good day Amanda. What did you get up to?

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend everyone.

X

Hi Amanda,

Just read your post, we must have been typing in sync!

No wonder you are shattered! I would say it is a glass of vino and early night, but water and a early night is the compromise!

X

Hello all

Amanda - I'm knackered just reading about your day !!
Good to hear from you Sarah
Ray and Jemma - good to catch up - I wouldn't worry about your meal - it sounded like you minimised the damage - I work on the principal its taken me 50 years to put on the weight and i've so much to lose so whats a few more days...bad I know but it stops me from giving up.
Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine
with big hugs
xx

Hi everyone :)
That tartlet sounds delicious, Jemma. Glad you had a good time :) Am guessing you'll already be back in ketosis by now, if you came out of it at all. Well done for getting straight back to it :)
My plans in that department haven't gone too well :( Another day today and we'll see how I go today. No weigh in with CDC so will be weighing at home Friday. Just hope for some sort of loss by then :)
Anyway, went to cinema to see Wolverine yesterday. Hugh Jackman is just a little bit scrummy ;) Off to Eagle Heights Wildlife Park today with dh, ds and one of stepsons. Back much later. Have a great day all :)

Hi All,

Hope you have been enjoying your long weekend. It has been so lovely to have the extra day - back to the grind tomorrow.

Went shopping yesterday to buy some new bras again. This diet is costing me a fortune in bras so far. Changed size yet again, only wish my thighs and bum would disappear as quickly as my boobs appear to be!

Today started with a 7 mile walk at 8am (that is my last longish one before the midnight walk) and then my inlaws came up this afternoon to look after my daughter so Mal and I could go for our gym induction. My legs feel like lead this evening and I will probably be unable to move tomorrow!

Weigh in tonight and another 2.8lb gone (I am counting it as 3lb!). Sooooo close to the 12's, but not into them. Hopefully next week.

Have a great week everyone & take care.

X

Sorry no WI this week but we've been in Herefordshire again sorting the electrics out for the new place so no bb connection again! *sigh* Less than 8 weeks to go until we move now so am getting a bit stressed & compensating by, you guessed it, eating. *sigh* (I'm sighing a lot, i know! lol)
So, with 10 days to go until we go back to Herefordshire to see the girls new school i'm determined to stick to ss 100% and shift some extra flab before then. 10 days isn't much so fingers crossed i should be ok, that and the fact that we really can't afford to be spending money on anything we don't need right now (including unnecessary food) so its a good excuse to use up what i have. This travelling back and forth is getting a bit tiresome though. We've done 530 miles since 3.30pm friday!!

Hi Teamies,

Goodness Ray i am tired just reading that!!

Hope everyone is well, I am 810 until my holiday on 6th June - interested to see what the weight losses are! I'll keep you all posted.

Hi all :)
Good luck with the 810 plan Sarah :)
So far, so good today. Going to have another shake in a minute. Have a nice headache kicking in and planning on an early night so I don't chew the furniture ;)

Back