Team 13 - Shape Shifters Official Thread

Wow thats impressive: ran, lost weight and £350 raised!! Brilliant

I've just been out running and doing exercise in the garden with my ex-neighbour, he's a personal trainer. He's threatening that he thinks we - as in my and him - should do the Manchester run next year....I said i'd do it if I weighed less than 11 stone......watch this space
Do you go running normally. I started to do exercise last year including running but I get tired very quickly and very bored. I keep thinking once i lose more weight it'll get easier and I'll enjoy it but its not happened so far. Even though my neighbour - its his job - gives me an enormous discount I can still only afford to go out weekly with him, the theory is that I then go out in the week by myself but i just find it so difficult to push myself - and everything has been on hold for the past month.

Is Ray still around or have you moved ?

Sarah how are you keeping ?

love to all xx

Good morning

Got weighed yesterday and I've lost 2 lbs

Imac 2/208 x100 = 0.96%

Have a good weekend everyone. with love xx

Hi All,

That is a good result Julie - well done for another good loss.

I do not do running, just walking - cannot even manage running on the treadmill at the gym! Think I have a complete mental block about it, just cannot cope when my legs get above a fast walking pace! I have had a fairly relaxed exercise week after all the training for the sponsored walk. Did a legs, bums and tums class on Tuesday, felt like I'd been punched in the stomach the next day. Did a 4 mile walk last night and then went to the gym this morning while my daughter was at gymnastics.

Really looking forward to my 810 week next week. My daughter is off to eurodisney with my mum and my husband and I are off for the week - mine is unpaid leave from work due to it being quiet. Cannot believe we will have so much time together with just the 2 of us again. We are going away on Tuesday night to a spa, so there should be a healthy dinner there, then we have decided on Chinese for Wednesday (lots of tofu and veg, no rice) and I am meeting a friend for dinner on Thursday (Pizza Express, but they do the new Leggera range under 500 cals)! I am just having the 3 nights of eating and will make sure I pick the better options. Just really looking forward to not having shakes or bars every evening. There is a gym and pool at the spa, so we will make the most of that for a couple of days - hoping to STS next week?? We'll see...... I have got weigh in on Monday before I have my nights off, so hopefully it will inspire me to be good.

This week was a 3lb loss with Mondays weigh in so:
Imac 2/208 x100 = 0.96%
Count210 3/179x100 = 1.67%

Take care

X

p.s - I have just gone and looked back through my weigh in posts and I seem to be all out of sync. I now weigh 12st 8lb, so that means I am 176lb?! Cannot track how far back ago I messed up, but this weeks loss was 3lb and not 9lbs, which is what it looks like with last weeks weigh in result.

Last edited:
Hi all,
sorry I've not been around :(
Have been finishing another unit of nvq and answering questions to get others signed off. Have also been stressing as I had to wait until Wednesday to find out if I have a job next school year. Consequently my 810 plan hasn't been too successful! Good news is, I have a job. I am moving up to the next year with my current class :)
Half term this week so no work. We've been gardening and clearing out the shed today. Off to Alton Towers Tuesday thru to Thursday.
Because I haven't been having a good time I am not going to weigh in and depress myself :( Will get back on track after I get home but make sensible choices between now and then :)
Hope you're all well. Will read up when I get two minutes!
Doesn't look like there are many of us left. Have Sarah and Rayven disappeared or have I just missed them?
Let me know what you think about recruiting new members and if so, how many :)
Must dash, have to load teh car up an dmake a trip to my sister and get rid of all the small children toys from my shed :)
Have a good evening :)

Have a great week - I'm off with kids for almost 2 weeks but we're not going away as my husband is starting a new job next month so shortage of leave etc. so I'm home with little people with no essential work to do - just a million and one catch up jobs around the house.
Have a lovely time in the spa and if you read this amanda have a great time at Alton Towers.
with love
xx

Evening All,

I know it is a late night one for me (not for Julie though!!) but spent 2 hrs at our CDC's house with my husband this eve talking about all sorts of things. Mainly the talk was about food though!

Lost another 3 this week, so 5lb's off my first target of 12st now and 3st 5lb lost. Decided now is the time to change my target to 11st. Really not sure I will get below that and be able to stay there, so although my BMI will still be over the golden 25, I am not bothered! If I can maintain around 11st I would be a happy lady, as it is the lightest I will have been for at least 13 years.

The new target does mean that my goal ticker has now jumped up again with the extra to lose!

Hope everyone has had a great long weekend.

Take care
Jemma X

Anyone there? All enjoying the gorgeous weather and staying away from computers no doubt!

Had a fab week off and certainly not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. I have been making good choices and have only eaten 4 evening meals, so will be slightly scared if I put on tomorrow. We'll see!

Have a good week everyone - off to water the garden now.

X

Good evening - though its prob morning when you read this. I've had a great week off but a naff week where dieting is concerned. I'm feeling very sorry for myself as its brilliant weather bit i've no summer clothes and I'm loathe to buy any as I'm hoping I'll lose more weight - meanwhile I'm just messing about.
Still we've had a great day doing silly things but all involving enjoying the sunshine. Hope you're all well and had a good week.
with love xx

Hey all, sorry not been around but going to and from herefordshire, 500 mile round trip is taking its toll! Hubby got a job (woohoo) but down side is they need him to start asap, so instead of moving in a month i'm moving in 9 days!!! (*shock horror*) so frantically packing as fast as i can go, while looking after a 5 month old!
As far as the weight loss goes, it isn't going anywhere but the good bit is that i haven't put a single bean on! (YAY)
Anyway, thought i'd better check in as hadn't been on in a while. Will try and get back on once i've got some more packing done!

Hi All,

Good to hear from you Ray and Julie.

Sounds like you are having a manic time Ray, best of luck with the move. Great your hubbie has got a job, even if it means a mad few days for you. Do not know how you are managing, probably all the nervous energy! Well done for not putting on, that is fantastic.

Glad you had a fab week during half term Julie. The weather really did make it. I know exactly what you mean about lack of summer clothes. I had a shopping splurge at a outlet centre near Mansfield with my husband on the way to the spa last week. Got some jeans that fitted and a couple of tops for summer. Really want to shop for my hols in August, but will leave it to a couple of weeks before. Not sure what size I will be.

Got weighed on Monday and was dreading it, but managed to lose 2.2lb last week. Now 12st 2.8lb, really hoping to be in 11's next week or two.

Hope you all have a good week.

X

Well ladies,

I think you may have all left the country and just not told me! Been checking on here daily, but no one is visting.

Finally got down below the 12's on Monday's WI (by 0.5lb - but it was below 12!!!) but this blinking site does not let you do the 1/2lb so showing as exactly 12st this week.

Just scoffed 2 bars, as having a particularly munchie night this evening.

Went back to SS after my 810 week a couple of weeks ago, but had some quorn chunks and salad last Saturday night and cooked a stir fry with quorn for my friend and I for dinner last night. Figure 1 meal a week will do no harm. Going to keep going with the SS for another 3 or 4 weeks I think and then start moving up the plans.

Hope everything is o.k with you all.

Take care. X

Good evening

I've not been around as for some unknown reason I couldn't get on the website. I've checked all sorts - including trying to access the internet from my mobile and messaging Pierce (but its only a little screen and I can't see it !!!) then tonight I tried again and whoopee here I am.
I've had a really bad weekend as far a food is concerned as I went to two special do's over the weekend and ate for England so today I have been desperately trying to get back on track by consuming huge amounts of water and sticking to it. Weighing in on Thursday so will be checking in frequently from now on.

Good to hear from you all. Keep it up

with love xx

Hi Julie

Really good to see you on here, thought everyone had disappeared!

Not sure what is happening with Amanda - hope she is o.k. I assume Ray has had to cope with the move and not sure if she will be on the internet at the new house -not sure how rural it is.

How has thing been with you? What have you been up to? What special do's did you go to?

Probably got another 3 or 4 weeks on SS and then I will start maintenance. Really quite apprehensive about keeping the weight off. We go away for a fortnight in August, and I fully intend to enjoy myself, so expect to put on quite a bit then. I still feel like I did when I started, which is the most bizarre feeling. Not sure quite when the last 14 weeks and 4st loss will seem real.

Take care and good luck for Thursday WI.

Hope to see you on here again soon.
X

The site was unaccessible again ! Its clearly something my end as I could view it at work but not add anything then I've just checked and I'm back on again.

My "do" was a bar-mitzvah (both sat and Sun) so lots of yummy food with very little control from me but i've been and weighed - wearing jeans (which are heavy !!) and I've lost 2 pounds. So I'm not really spurred on but feeling somewhat disgruntled and wanting to eat anything in sight.
You are doing amazingly well having lost 56 pounds in 3 months , thats incredible. I'm now very used to my weight being so much less but in my head i'm still as fat as I was at 20 stone - its bizarre !
good luck with your weigh in and take care
with love x

Hi All,

Hope everyone had a great weekend - at least the weather was better!

Had a bit of a munching weekend, but made o.k choices. Was just really hungry yesterday, so I had to eat!

Weigh in tonight and lost just under 3lb, which means I am now 7lb away from my next target of 11st. It will still be overweight according to the CD books, but I think that will be a good weight for me. Going to do another couple of weeks SS / SS+ and then start working up the plans.

Take care and will log on later in the week to see if anyone has been around.

X

I'M HERE!!!

Morning all! *waves frantically*
Well i'm finally here in the rolling countryside of Herefordshire! I have to say though that moving day was a witch (but spelt with a b instead of a w) lol
Moving day came around and we went to picmk up the van to find there was no van! :mad: Double booked, didn't write it down, whatever it was no-one was willing to admit to anything and so we were left with everything in boxes and no way to transport it! Being a Saturday we couldn't get another one, not at such short notice, so after my hubby finally calmed down we decided we had to move anyway (as the girls were due to start school on the Monday) and so crammed the car to bursting point with essentials and travelled down, leaving all of our stuff behind! :cry: Very luckily When we got here (7pm Saturday night) we were offered a van to borrow in order to get our stuff - however they needed it back by sunday night (for work) so Hubby and FIL up at the crack of dawn on Sunday for a 530 mile round trip in a day!!
Anyway, we're here now and getting settled (girls seem to have settled in the new school in just over a week, hubby has started work) but i'm homesick already! Have been emotionally eating but luckily no weight has gone on! Still have some Cambridge left (found a load in the cupboard when i was packing at home - where it came from i can't recall! :eek:) and need to get back into it but am lacking the necessary will or motivation.... :confused:

Hi Ray,

Glad to hear you moved, and although it sounds very traumatic, you are there now and the kids have settled! How is the unpacking going? I am sure the homesickness will pass - it is a hell of a change for you and things wil be very odd for a while.
You have not put on weight, and that is such a good thing. I think you have got enough going on at the moment without having to think about CD. I am sure once things are more settled you will start up again and find the motivation to carry on.
Take care. X

Hello all :)
I am hanging my head in shame and returning with my tail well and truly between my legs! :(
Has not been the best few weeks as far as eating sensibly has been concerned. Going to Alton Towers and not even taken a shake was a VERY bad idea. What the hell was I thinking?!
Anyway, another 3 weeks of trying to get back on track and I am finally there but am 6lbs up :(
I am ss+ when needing. Have extra shakes for back up :)
I'm sorry that I've not been around but am also trying to finish off my nvq, which is due to complete on Tuesday. Had two exams today too, so I'm feeling in control again as I haven't given in to my stress-eating triggers.
Anyway, must get on with this last unit. Will catch up very soon.
Love to all xxx

Hello there. Lovely to hear from you Amanda and Ray. Amanda on a scale of the your weight gain is marginal as its probably glycegen (can't spell) anyway so once you're SSing it will disappearAAAAAhhhh Ray it sounds horrendous, we've lived in the same house for over 20 years as I moved so much as a child I was detirmined not to however I long to be able to have a jolly good clear out and go elsewhere.Jemma - you are such a hero and its so impressive. Good to hear from you and you are doing amazingly well.Ok finally sorted out my computer - any geeks around its something to do with disabling Java , who knows why but it now works ...but google doesn't and thats my email...will keep working on it.I'm away with the fairies at the moment. Work has been really hard, kids have been ill and my husband is changing his job after working for the local authority for the past 30 years he's taken a job with a charity !! The plus is its only 2 miles away whereas his previous job was 50 miles away,it should be considerably less stress and he'll be around more. The neg is he has taken a salary drop and i'm panicking !As for weight ...my CDC is away for 2 weeks so no weigh in til next week so I'll wait and see.Take care all of youwith love xx

Back