Team 17 = sisters of slim =official thread =

Goal, changed so I can say "Im half the woman I used to be",and it only 12lbs away, how mad is that, THANKYOU all for support and helping to make this possible.OMG, Iam so excited now

Thanks Penny, I really appreciate all of this. It is a very weird place to be when you start to really lose the weight and see the new you emerging and I always thought it would be the best feeling in the world, never ever imagined it would be such a truly frightening prospect. I too have used my weight as a reason for not doing things or going place for so long now and I am worried that maybe deep down I am just not a very socially confident person and maybe thats why I dont like to go out. When I no longer have the weight as an excuse I am scared that I am going to realise that I am just a generally unhappy person.

Do you think all overweight people have these same fears? I always believed that losing weight would be the answer to all my insecurities and I think there's going to a lot more hard work involved in this than just losing the weight - I think getting to goal may actually be the start of the journey - not the end of it!

I'm sure Julie and Serena are not just being kind as I dont think either of them would just say you look fab to flatter you - neither of them strike me as being that nice - haha, just kidding sisters!! - but I know that its really hard to take compliments when you've gone a long time without them - not that I'm saying you dont get compliments - but I've not had any for a long long time - other than things like "your shoes are fab" or "thats a lovely bracelet you're wearing" and when my cdc told me yesterday that i looked great i just kind of smiled and swept over it as its so hard to hear that when I know that its not true - or at least my weird wee twisted way of thinking knows its not true.

I think I will take the advice from both you and my cdc and just take it as it goes, will leave my goal as it is for now but wont feel like a failure if I change it up a bit as I get closer and find that I am happy where I am. See, thats me now thinking that if I change my goal I'll be a failure - I've written it therefore it must be true and I'm not even going to delete that, I'm going to leave it so that you all know what a screwed up and warped individual I really am!!!

You have every right to feel excited Penny, you've lost a tremendous amount of weight - 12lbs away from half of you!!! - and that is a phenomonal achievement - you really are an absolute inspiration and thank you for being so honest - you;'ve helped me loads.

Right, this nosey wench is away to have a weeeeeee.

Hi guys
Sorry I have not been around, my dad passed away last Friday morning. Back at work now though so thought I would quickly pop in on here.
Penny you truly do look fab, I can understand why you struggle to come to terms with it but it doesn't make it any less true x.
Debs you are doing fantastically well and I am sure that those compliments will be coming in thick and fast before you know it.
Hi Julie, Angie and AST, hope things are ok with all of you. Right back to work, will hopefully catch up again later today xx

Serena, Iam so very sorry my darling lady, but if Iam right it was a blessed release, here for you if you need a hug beautiful.

Following post written before Serenas post, sorry.

I totally agree with you that, getting to goal is going to be a start of the journey and for me I think it will probably be the hardest part, a lifelong challenge, I was going to write battle, but Im not going to, because of what Iam about to write.
You need to stop having negative thoughts, or your never really have a happy outcome, diet wise and in life, theres technical terms for what its called, internal voice or something, so you need to try to think in a positive way,and NO its far from easier,for me failure has always been easier than success,and failure continues the trend of people expecting very little from me.
If you given a compliment accept it, because to be honest its rude not to, you dont have to believe it, and you wont for a while, but like you say julie and serena,well you know,lol, they meant what they said its, just hard to accept for me.
Iam trying a new thing, well been trying to use it for a few months now "FAKE IT,TO MAKE IT", so even when Iam deeply unhappy, which is often at the moment, I put a happy face on and hope that I will believe it enough, for happiness to become natural and not an effort.
Any change is worrying, to say the least, you need to realise what it is about you that people love about you,and build on those positive points,and gradually begin to accept you,and in time you will accept your appearance.
another thing that I have worked on greatly is answering the question "why did I let myself get so big?"
For me the answer hasnt been simple and the reasons are many and varied, but knownledge is power and this understanding of me,will I hope be the key this not happening again, that said, its still minute by minute for me, because Iam off today, home alone, both problem areas and at this moment there is a sodding chocolate orange add on telly,*******s.
You take care young lady, and I want you to know that you have helped me and you better continue to do so, so there, and I think your fab!!!!!!!!!!!!so double so there!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hi Serena if you need to talk feel free to IM me.

Good news on the job front, finally, the CRB check has come through so I should be starting by the begging of next year.

Hi all you lurvelly ladies
Sorry to hear your news serena,just hope you are ok you know we are here for you (((((((hugs))))))) xx

Ast good luck with new job...how exciting!!Hope you are managing all your shakes ok.

Debs and Penny........BLOODY HELL I THOUGHT MY POSTS WERE LONG!!!
I hope you have talked each other into being a pair of slim birds and loving it...!!
Penny I didnt go for my walk..dont know if you went up north or something yesterday but..the weather round here was hellish,I almost got knocked out by hailstones when I went to get petrol and almost got swept out to sea when I walked on the drive to rescue the wheelie bin,I also needed a padded ski suit,thermal gloves vest and scarf when I ventured down into the utility room to put the washing on!!
Hope you are ok angie and still with us
xx

I'm ok thanks, trying to keep myself distracted because Ralph's not home from work until 10.00 tonight. I sooooo want to comfort eat some junk food! I won't though, just had a toffee bar instead.

That hail was vicious wasn't it, luckily I was roasty toasty indoors at the time and not out in it like some mad woman...

Have you had a good week other than that?

well serena nobody would blame you for feeling that way,just dont give in hun,we need to stop these urges and find something else to focus on,otherwise nothing will change and we will be back to square 1.
Will you be going thursday?we are so near and although its dragged it seems like only a short time ago we started the group now weird or what!!
xx

Im sorry serena I have to go I think I am being accused of something here,I logged myself out of the forum when I took charlie to bed as I didnt want people thinking I was here when I wasnt,now Andy thinks I was up to something sorry love I have to go,Penny can you text serena my number and if you want to text me serena feel free
sorry
catch you later
xx

I know what you mean, it has been the longest 11 weeks of my life so far but now the end is finally in sight I'm thinking blimey where did the last three months go? I'll be going this Thursday, have stuck to CD throughout this week as I'm telling myself that if I can get through all this without eating then in future I will never again have a "valid" excuse to comfort eat if that makes sense :eek:

Last edited:
Well done serena for not giving into the urge to comfort eat,look forward to seeing you thursday xx
Morning sisters,well as you can probably tell from my last post I am getting major grief over coming on here.I dont really know what the problem is,apparantley he doesnt know that I am not up to something,what exactly is what Id like to know!!I think the trouble has started since I added ,shock horror a male school friend to my facebook!!He sent a friend request so I added him,obviously Im such a floozy that I am going to leave him for this person I havent seen for 25 years and in total have spoken about 100 words to in the form of 3 wall posts!!Also how does he know Im going to my cambridge group on a thursday the fact I come home with a bag full of cd food for the week I would think would be proof enough,but no!
I think when the next group starts I will do the daytime one as I cant have this grief for the next few months its doing my head in,I had just stopped being moody but i think this is not helping my plan to stay happy if you know what I mean.
I was looking at my neck in the mirror this morning and I thought it looks so long I look like a giraffe and should be eating leaves off the top of trees,to me it looks bizarre kind of like a head on a stick!!I dont think Ive ever seen it without a load of flab covering it,it might reveal an adams apple then i may find out i was once a man ooh err you lot thought you had problems just not being able to see your changing bodyshapes!!
xx

Last edited:
Julie, you always know how to make me smile - you are so totally random and its fab! Giraffes's, adams apples and the possibility of being a man all in one post - you truly random lovely person - you fairly cheer me up in the mornings.

Serena, honey, I am so so sorry to hear about your dad, a blessing to you all and to him aswell, but no less sad all the same - sending you massive squishy hugs and huge amounts of love.

Penny - thank you thank you thank you for all your words yesterday and for taking the time to answer all my nosey wench questions, am feeling much more positive about things today and for the first time in years I feel great - almost makes me want to cry because I looked in the mirror today and didnt automatically turn my nose up at what I saw - am seriously feeling tearful just thinking about it :cry:. I still have a long way to go but for the first time in my life I know I am going to get there with the help of my lovely sisters. :girlpower:

Ast - good news about the job - excuse me for being thick and sooooo behind the time but what is the job?

Angie - hope you're well chic, are you feeling more positive now?

:gen147: Am trying to sort out my number 2 issues at the moment and my cdc suggested movicol - have been taking it since monday and nuffin is happening as yet, although my tummy gurgles and makes very weird noises after i've taken it. has anyone else used this and found it useful? i'm sorry to keep reverting back to taking s*** (hahahaa!!!) but i havent been again since my senokot overdose last thursday - this is getting beyond a joke now and I dont want to spend my entire cd journey with this problem :banghead:

Also meant to say Julie that I hope things are ok with Andy and not too serious. I think men are naturally suspicious of anything we do that they either dont understand or arent involved in. I also think its hard for them to see us changing and becoming more confident as we shrink - my ex bf's ex wife left him after she lost a ton of weight and found her confidence again and he was totally against me losing weight in case I did the same - hence the reason he is my ex bf!

Hope things are ok though hun. xx

morning sisters,hope everyone s fine,just popping in to say hello,not very chatty at the moment ,but as i know i am in a strong team that wont throw me out because i dont log in all day every day ,i know my place is safe lol.........got a cold off the lads in my household,and the snot i can handle its the stonking headache thats getting me down,my defences are down because of ss i think,i am still 100% ss,i want to lose a stone for xmas then a stone after then thats it.this diet is not taking up anymore of my life,i want to get back to normal with food and family,its like they are all together as a little unit and me on the outside looking in,i dont like that feeling so ,one last push after xmas and 17months of dieting over,18 years to put it on and 17 months to get it off not too bad really.speak when i can keep the team spirit going sisters love angie x

Hi again girls,I am home alone...well kind of as I always have little one with me unless Im working...oh the joy!!
Andy just seems to be majorly paranoid,he just doesnt get it!!Its not serious but bloody annoying,Im not doing anything wrong but when I try and talk to him he stomps off saying he doesnt care,I tried to explain to him about being logged into the forum when Im not actually here but he wouldnt even look at what I was showing him,so I thought balls to this why am I explaining myself when he doesnt want to listen whats the point,so I sort of let a 'f*** off then' slip out which then caused more aggro and continued sulking and stomping so I went to bed!!
I find this diet pretty hard and only when I am on here can I talk to people who can relate,its alright for andy to sit there eating a flippin french stick stuffed with cheese and pickle for half hour,but I dont particularly want to sit and bloody watch,so I come on here and thats wrong!!
Breathe,breathe,breathe!!:8855:
OOh we do like a good moan dont we haha!!whingey old cow thats what I am..by the way penny you dont have to agree with that...it aint big and it aint cleva!!
So on I battle through the wilderness searchng for the end of the rainbow:boohoo: hey debs is that random enough for you?:giggle:
Angie sorry you are feeling poorly,you get your head straight luvvy know how you feel with this diet,but,you will be fine not much longer now hun.
Hey debs I wondered what ast's job was too,come on ast dont keep us in suspenders here girlie!!
catch you all later,well actually not that much later as Im stayin on here for a bit...ooh matron slap me someone Ive gone craaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy!!
xx

Ooh Julie you are becoming a bit random aren't you...must be the lack of food on this dangerous diet. Have you just tried cutting down a bit and exercising more? ;):D

Seriously, hope you're ok hun xx

Back