Team 17 = sisters of slim =official thread =

Julie..........was 13.6.....lost 4.......now 13.02..........2.12%
Debs......was 13.12....lost 0....now 13.12.................0%
Serena...was 10.1...lost 2...now 9.13.........................1.41%
soolacheesynuts....was 11.13.....lost 0.....................0%

Team total....................oh dear..........0.86% !!
xx

Hi girls,well doesnt sounfd like many of us are doing too well at the mo.
Debs sorry to hear about all your trouble with the car,shame you dont live closer andys in the motor trade and I probably could have helped you out a bit love,anyway hope you get things sorted 700 quids a blinkin lot of money especially just after xmas,not surprised you wanted wine!
Penny,if you think you need to to stop for a while,then that is up to you love,although you have come so far it would be a shame to stop now when you are so close,spose what you need to think is in 6 months will you have gained and be wishing you had done it all that time ago when you were nearly there,with one last grit of your teeth scream,stamp shout if you want to,push to the end,or will you be happily maintaining and be able to get back on,get the last bit done and be happy.I know which would be me.(((((hugs)))))
I have had a totally crap weekend,my friend of many years phoned me saturday to tell me she has breast cancer and has to have her boob off as she has 3 tumours,I have to cut her long hair off which I dont want to do,as she loves her hair,and i was so upset Im afraid I drunk loads of vodka and ate for england,I didnt care until now when I got on the scales this morning and it showed 4lb gain!!
Anyway hope everyone else is ok will chat later
xx

sorry to hear about your friend julie,life keeps throwing us curve balls and you have to try and dodge them,wish your friend well and keep strong for her,trust me a happy face will help her so much,as for the eating i totally understand i do that as well bloody comfort eating,i dont know why emotions alter hunger but i find that on cd once i start eating i tend to binge it must be all in the brain i wish i could switch it off.it is snowing like crazy here number 2 son went to school and came straight back bloody teachers one flake of snow and the education system stops,
dizzy ,bloody cars it is always something isnt it glad you managed to stay safe,and keep up our challenge we can do it......
serena,penny,jules,vicki,keep up the good work and lets see if we can get to the top of the winners board next week as most of us were shocking,lol(me)
keep your chins up sistas soola xx

hello sista julie hows this morning going

Hi soola,sorry love didnt see you there!!Im not too bad thank u me dear,its snowing here too,am hoping my course tonight will be cancelled cant be bothered to be scraping my windscreen at flippin 9.30 tonight,had a horrible dream last night that andy left me!!I made a point of giving him a nice big cuddle this morning,the last time I had one of those dreams he did!!
Hows things with you?
xx

ooooooooo scary dreams,i have a 3rd eye lol if i think oh the phone hasnt rang for a while,it will ring, or if i think i havnt see someone for i while i bump into them,spooky.my nana was a romany gipsy ,my mother says it comes from there,everything fine here but cos of the snow i have nosef off school and pete is here as well,pete need to be busy and he is terrible at staying in,he said he is not getting the car out he is frightened he will crash it lol.we are going to go for a walk down the town later we live 2 mins from redcar town centre so we can get out of the house or we will end up killing each other,and cd days are much harder when you have nothing to do .

i have now named my child nosef it seems ,josef that better daft cow i am

Haha!!I did wonder if maybe you had fostered another child!!Have fun in town and dont forget not to walk with your hands in your pockets,if you slip you wont be able to get back up!!
xx

bloody garages, wish they'd speak english!!! do i know what a cylinder head is? NO! do i know why they have to remove it? NO! am i getting my car back anytime soon? Not friggin likely!

Julie, can you ask Andy what it all means and fill me in please honey? Apparently the camshaft has split and it may have affected the timing chain and if it has then it may have bent valves so they need to replace the cam thingy and anything else thats broked - am sure that will mean something to someone but not to me. am not a happy camper, car is a 2005 plate with full service history and about 43,000 miles which i think is about average - have had it from new and never had a bit of bother until this. stamps feet, frowns, sulks!

sorry for being a whinger!

Julie am really sorry to hear about your friend, thats awful and totally understandable that you gave into the need for comfort in the form of vodka and food.

i had my glass of wine last night too and feel crap about it and could smack myself about the chops as i've stayed the same again this week - cant believe thats just down to the wine, i've been absolutely 100% perfect since Monday so am not sure whats going on!

feeling a bit flat and crap today - want some comfort food but would settle for my car!

me me me me me me me - sorry all.

Dx :cry:

Hi debs am gonna put andy on here to explain

Hi, Cant eally explain without more details. the camshaft is on the top of the engine, and i haven't heard of one splitting. Are you sure its not the cam belt that has broke ? Either way the top part of the engine may have sustained quite substantial damage and you may well have to have new cylinder head. Can you tell me what sort of car it is please ? You may well be able to claim under warranty if your service record is fully up to date.
Hope this is of some help. let me know what make the car is and i may be able to help a little further. Andy

Hi guys, feel terrible, all I have to worry about is my weight,and being lonely, so ashamed.
Debs, so sorry to hear about your car, bless your heart, hope you manage to find the money some how, and that it doesnt cost as much as expected.
Julie, so sorry about your friend its not my friend too is it, that would kill me if it is, God I do hope not, whoever it is, I wish her well,and a speedy recovery.
To all my others sistas, stay strong, Im off to see my cdc tomorrow morning, not expecting any loss,as havent really done cd,will post my lack of loss tomorrow,lol.
Nite all.

Hi pen,no its not janet,its one of my friends I went to school with she goes in tomorrow,I was supposed to have cut her hair sunday but i didnt go, as it is maidstone and I have so many people I do there I wouldnt have got back til about 8pm, with the weather and all that ,I thought I might have trouble getting home so am up there this sunday instead.so dont really know when I will do her hair,she needs it done before chemo starts in 3 weeks but its a major op and dont know if she will be comfortable sitting to have her hair cut sunday,so now i feel bad i didnt do it when i should.
Anyway hope you are ok,good luck at cdc today,I havent lost an ounce so am drinking loads in the hope of sts when I get weighed thursday....its my own stupid fault,but you never know I still have 2 whole dieting days haha!!I am in this afternoon if you wanted to pop round,back at 12.30

xx

Ohhhhhhhhh so glad its not J, but still really sorry for your friend, dont feel bad about not going last weekend, its makes total sense with the bad weather and you had no way of knowning what was going on, bless your heart.
Thanks for the offer of popping round, but I dont plan on driving today, just over tired and stressed,and dont trust my concentration, when I have slept so little.The minute you get home young lady,you start drinking that damn water,lol.
Makes total sense to me why you eat, so dont beat yourself up about it.
Wishing you all a wonderful cd day, just tried the apple and puke porridge, wont be having that again,yukie stuff.

Julie, thanks for putting Andy on - further details: car is a Vauxhall Tigra, registered May 2005 so out of warranty now - damn! It just completely lost power on the motorway on Fri night and was misfiring but the engine was still running - albeit like a kangaroo!!! Garage phoned me with an update this morning and its defi the cam shaft and not the cam belt - apparently its not common but also not unheard of - just typical that it happens to me! the part will be in tomorrow and they should be able to get it fitted and then fingers crossed no additional damage - initial thoughts are that i dont have any bent valves and they're hopeful that they can replace the camshaft without having to replace the timing chain? All goes right over my head! My mate works at the garage and is getting me discount on all the parts and labour but i reckon i'm still looking at a hefty bill! Am now really nervous about getting the car back - will it be running ok, is this likely to happen again if its happened once, is this going to be the start of a load of problems, should i get shot of the car now? - dont really want to as I love my car but on the other hand I dont want massive garage bills on a regular basis. Andy, thanks for your car knowledge here.

Penny - am with you on the apple and puke porridge - how vile a creation is that stuff!!!??? I had it before xmas and couldnt finish it, it was yuck yuck yucky! How you doing anyway honey, still feeling flat?

I feel pretty bad moaning about my car when Julie's friend is so poorly so I promise not to moan anymore - and fingers crossed Julie that your friend will get through this ordeal - with you at her side she'll have no choice but to get better. I think I can quite safely say that if I was ill I couldnt imagine a better person to be there to support me than you Julie - your bubbly upbeat personality will keep her going through whatever is thrown at her. And dont feel bad about not cutting her hair, you'll get it done before her chemo.

Hope everyone is well today.

Dxx

Hi sweetheart debs, iam still feeling flat and Iam aware Iam in self distruct mode, discussed it with my cdc, and this is just a pattern I have from time to time, it will be fine, promise.Back in the under 200lb club,but only just, never loosing my membership again,please dont let me.

Hope andy is able to help you with your car situation, really I do, and you moan as much as you want, thats what sisters are for.

haha!!I like that porridge,god knows why when I first had it i hated it,but now i think im so grateful for something that just kinda resembles food I eat it!
Hope your car doesnt cost too much debs,will show what you said to andy,but really although WE dont know what a cam thingy is we know its in the engine,it made you break down and its gotta be fixed so do we need to investigate further?I hope not cos andy will bore me to death with to scale sketches and diagrams of engines!
So penny you obviously lost something when you went to cdc so why be so hard on yourself?I think you are doing way better than me,I appear to have completely lost the plot with cd it happens so quickly to me,can you convert a room in your house please where I can be locked in and fed cd products through a hole in the wall,think thats the only way im gonna do it!!
xx

Aww Pen huny, i hate to think of you being self destructive but I can sympathise completely my luvvy, its all too familiar to me too, hence the reason i reached 18 1/2 stone without even realising it! Am so glad to have you back in the under 200 club and you are not getting out again, lifetime membership this time lady, dont you be leaving me again!!!

Julie, you're right, its broke, needs fixed, is gonna cost a shed load, who cares about the technicalities! i've just got a bid of a morbid fascination when something so precious to me (my car is my second child - very sad!!) breaks and i feel the need to know how it happened, etc. However, the new me, take it in my stride and think of my sisters before myself - i cannot have you bored rigid by andy and his scale diagrams of cam shafts and cylinder heads so pass on my thanks and lie - tell him the car is all fixed and everything is all rosey pink and girly again. talk about periods and sanitary products and that'll have him running from the computer with his hands over his ears!!!!

Penny - when you build Julie's cd cell in your house can you make it big enough for 2? i'm coming to live there aswell! i'm not finding this easy just now either and am so afraid of falling completely off the wagon and waking up one morning looking like i've been re-inflated!!! why do we do this ourselves????

Dxx

Penny - when you build Julie's cd cell in your house can you make it big enough for 2? i'm coming to live there aswell! i'm not finding this easy just now either and am so afraid of falling completely off the wagon and waking up one morning looking like i've been re-inflated!!! why do we do this ourselves????

Well,if we had the answer to that we would be billionaires eh?!!At the time I couldnt give a rats,but after ive stuffed it in my gob and swallowed it,I then start wondering why i just did that,then start lookingfor something else to eat,I have no intention of giving up,but feel I may have to move up to 1000 and take control of my left hand and my opening mouth which work together as best friends.
Im gonna get andy to get me some shredded wheat tonight so I can start 1000 tomorrow,i do believe for me at the mo this may be the only way,i think with me ss has run its course for the time being.
xx

Guys, cris is happy to build you a cell, but for perverted reasons,so I think we should leave that as a no then.
When I was at the cd centre, Sally said that everyone is struggling at the moment, so we shouldnt be so hard on ourselves, talking of everyone, wheres that good girlie Serena, hope shes well, and so excited for her still, hope she doesnt forget us when she hits slimdom, sure she wont, have a fab evening one and all.

Back